Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Looks like recent social media posts are confirming that the new album is the final album of a trilogy. I think it had been suggested before too, but I’ve only just seen it myself.

I had no idea Villains was meant to be in some way linked to …Like Clockwork

So is the order meant to be Times New Roman… Villains …Like Clockwork?
    I remember an old interview with Homme where he compared "Like Clockwork..." with (Iggy Pop's) "The Idiot" and "Villains" with "Lust for life", called them "Night and day" and said that he wants to release a third album that is a mix between the two, makes sense this one is part 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like recent social media posts are confirming that the new album is the final album of a trilogy. I think it had been suggested before too, but I’ve only just seen it myself.

I had no idea Villains was meant to be in some way linked to …Like Clockwork

So is the order meant to be Times New Roman… Villains …Like Clockwork?
    Why is it always when an artist releases a “trilogy”, it seems like it’s announced as the final part is being released. Makes me think of when MM released Holy Wood, it was suddenly a “triptych” with AS and MA. It’s like they are making this stuff up as they go along. Would be nice for them to state their intentions up front.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
    Why is it always when an artist releases a “trilogy”, it seems like it’s announced as the final part is being released. Makes me think of when MM released Holy Wood, it was suddenly a “triptych” with AS and MA. It’s like they are making this stuff up as they go along. Would be nice for them to state their intentions up front.
    Were the NIN EPs announced this way too?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
    Honest question: does it matter? Would you experience the release of the other two differently if you knew a third was coming at some point in the future?

Conversely, TR announced a trilogy shortly after the release of NTAE and by the time Bad Witch came around the "story" changed. So yeah, even if the plan is laid out...they are making it up as they go. It's their art.
    Last edited by cdm; 06-06-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    New US tour dates announced…including Philly (Mann Center). Pre-Sale starts in 32 minutes. Pre-Sales code anyone?? Hah..

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Pre-Sales code anyone?? Hah..
    Nero

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Everyone I know got an email with that information (except for me). Thanks man. Why on earth would they just announce this today and have an immediate pre-sale? Shady..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Nero
    Thank you!

Got pit tickets for Indy, I've always wanted to see them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another band choosing to now skip Wisconsin. Or stupid fucking Riot Fest has a radius clause.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    See ya in Forest Hills!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got my St. Louis tickets..great seats for a pretty solid price!

It'll be a five hour drive for me, but I can at least make a weekend of it with the show being on a Saturday.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    See ya in Forest Hills!
    Have you been to this venue? I've never been but I'm tempted...$100 for floor is (sadly) not that unreasonable. Fucnk AXS though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have you been to this venue? I've never been but I'm tempted...$100 for floor is (sadly) not that unreasonable. Fucnk AXS though.
    Yes, several times (going again next week for LCD Soundsystem/IDLES). One of my favorite venues!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Yes, several times (going again next week for LCD Soundsystem/IDLES). One of my favorite venues!
    I've heard good things. How is parking, getting in / out? Haven't decided whether or not I want grab from AXS or take a chance on Stubhub closer to the date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've heard good things. How is parking, getting in / out? Haven't decided whether or not I want grab from AXS or take a chance on Stubhub closer to the date.
    I've only ever taken the train, so I can't speak to the parking situation, but I think there is plenty of street parking, but don't quote me on that. Train station is like a block away from the venue.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Got my St. Louis tickets..great seats for a pretty solid price!

It'll be a five hour drive for me, but I can at least make a weekend of it with the show being on a Saturday.
    I'll be on the floor!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've never been to the location in Portland and it's on a Monday night so I'm hesitant. Plus we just spent almost 2k on tires and alignment so it's slim right now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Were the NIN EPs announced this way too?
    It was along the Add Violence announcement.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Holyyy, they have Phantogram as a support for select shows? I may need to venture to a date! Its been too long!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's leaked btw

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    It's leaked btw
    That’s horrible! Where would something like that even happen nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    That’s horrible! Where would something like that even happen nowadays?

Don't look at getmetal or rutracker!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I also wouldn't seek for it anywhere in a soul...ok that didn't work at all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Happy to have scored tickets for the DC show at The Anthem during the presale.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I’m still in the dark over here. I never can never find any of this stuff anymore. I’m getting old.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Album is a grower. It took me 4 listens to really click. Josh always puts his full heart into these records. I hope he keeps leaning into the Bowie stuff. Those moments are my favorite parts of the entire thing. Can't wait for the show!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’m still in the dark over here. I never can never find any of this stuff anymore. I’m getting old.

If you use torrent just go on rutracker but I'll leave u a dm just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Album is a grower. It took me 4 listens to really click. Josh always puts his full heart into these records. I hope he keeps leaning into the Bowie stuff. Those moments are my favorite parts of the entire thing. Can't wait for the show!
    Agree but this one left me interested in hearing it again unlike Villians when it was released. Time & Place hooked me already tho.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Listened twice so far. I like this album a lot. Infinitely better than Villains, which was the first Queens record where I would actually be surprised if it was anyone's favorite. Prior to that I always thought an argument could be made for any of their albums being the best (although S/T is far and away the best). This is a return to form to my ears. Held off on pre-ordering the vinyl due to the buyer's remorse I felt after pre-ordering the deluxe edition of Villains, but I'll definitely be picking this baby up now.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Sir... oof.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New interview: https://www.revolvermag.com/music/jo...one-age-return

Josh mentioned having cancer last year and recovering since.