Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Why is that?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official website finally updated, HQ pictures, downloads for desktops, iphones, ipads, etc. Pretty slick.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    *Downloads all the desktops like a madman*

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Why is that?
    I think it would add something different to the genre, and be truly conclusive for this portion of the franchise. Nolans batmans have always been a little smarter than the rest, so itd be cool to see the ending he more cerebral, with less muscle and explosions and more political fall out. Maybe if bane actual fucked up hatman early on, and then most of the movie is gotham dealing with the aftermath and consequences of the whole thing.

The trailers do implu a reduced batman presence... it would be interesting tosee nolan go against the grain here.

This is a series that has thrived on its characters and dialogue rather than its action sequences. While well done and exciting, i thinkthese films could have been similarly successful and popular without them. It doesnt need them. Conversely, if the whole thing was just rocket launchers and flipping trucks, nobody would give a shit about these movies. You can get that anywhere. People come to watch Bruce Wayne transform as a person, or listen to the jokers ideas. They want to see Harvey Dent become two face, not because he was caught in an explosion, but because of what he lost in a system that failed him.
    I do like the action stuff though. One of ny favorite scenes is when the scarecrow lights batman on fire. It combines those sharp, cool action scenes with an interesting moment of character development.

If the next movie can keep that up im sure itll be great.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 06-29-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well said! I agree completely with you, just wanted to hear your opinion. I don't view any of Nolan's Batman films as action movies, but rather along the lines of crime dramas a la Michael Mann type films. I have faith Nolan wouldn't make TDKR a mindless action flick.

THREE WEEKS.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, now we've got 1 minute samples from the OST. I predict a full leak in days lol.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does that imply Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow will be in it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Does that imply Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow will be in it?
    I don't think so... is just a (kickass) fanposter, but it would be fuckin awesome!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well, now we've got 1 minute samples from the OST. I predict a full leak in days lol.
    This is sounding so good. Really hope they do a vinyl release, like they did for TDK and Inception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did everyone hear that Tom Cruise is hooking up with Maggie Gyllenhaal?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Get the fuck out, Lutz.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Holy reckoning day Batman!"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    "Indeed, Robin... It would appear that we're up against our old nemesis, Hans Zimmer."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Well said! I agree completely with you, just wanted to hear your opinion. I don't view any of Nolan's Batman films as action movies, but rather along the lines of crime dramas a la Michael Mann type films. I have faith Nolan wouldn't make TDKR a mindless action flick.

THREE WEEKS.
    Al Pacino, after working with him on Insomnia, compared him to Michael. What's so appealing about this franchise to me is that it so cleverly combined the elements of the action movies I loved as a kid with an approach more similar to Mann, Scorsese and even Fincher (especially on The Dark Knight​).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    EXACTLY. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd go so far as to say it's probably the most realistic superhero trilogy ever. Whereas many of course have been realistic, I watch these movies and say, 'this could easily happen next week' in Chicago, NYC, etc. I'm so fuckin' jacked for this movie, ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Get the fuck out, Lutz.
    OMG obvs NBD

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've heard of obnoxious trolls...persistent trolls. But...boring trolls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To go back here. I posted a Batman joke that has been doing the rounds - this is as on topic as the several other posts which followed it.

Orestes comment was completely out of line for someone posting a (bad) joke in a thread in relation to the topic of the thread.

I don't have a history of being mean or posting nasty comment to anyone on here. When I have contrary opinions I post a full explanation of these opinions. In the past when people have made these kind of suggestions I've gone over my history to check these things as well.

Where is this coming from? Be specific because I don't understand.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Seem like I'm the only person not being blown away by the trailers. Still stoked to see the movie but the trailers show way too much material.

Good day!
    Last edited by hobochic; 07-06-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    "Holy reckoning day Batman!"

Someone should definitely make a cut of one of the trailers but put in scenes of Adam West's Batman running with the bomb.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    To go back here. I posted a Batman joke that has been doing the rounds - this is as on topic as the several other posts which followed it.

Orestes comment was completely out of line for someone posting a (bad) joke in a thread in relation to the topic of the thread.

I don't have a history of being mean or posting nasty comment to anyone on here. When I have contrary opinions I post a full explanation of these opinions. In the past when people have made these kind of suggestions I've gone over my history to check these things as well.

Where is this coming from? Be specific because I don't understand.
    I didn't realize Tom Cruise and the ghost of Rachel Dawes are in the upcoming movie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Seem like I'm the only person not being blow away by the trailers. Still stoked to see the movie but the trailers show way too much material.

Good day!

I hear you. I haven't read any spoilers, just watched the trailers and tv spots and I feel like I know the story and the ending already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't realize Tom Cruise and the ghost of Rachel Dawes are in the upcoming movie.
    Fuck off Orested.

Does this put in perspective exactly how out of line and extremely nasty your comment was?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TDKR production notes

49 pages of them. No serious plot spoilers, but it's pretty in depth with quotes from pretty much the whole cast, Nolan, etc. so to avoid spoilers of any kind whatsoever, maybe don't give it a read.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I skimmed the first couple pages, that was it. But I did enjoy this (not a spoiler):
    “The Dark Knight Rises” will be presented on 70-millimeter film in 102 IMAX 15/70mm locations worldwide. Christopher Nolan stated, “Having shot almost half the picture with large-format IMAX film cameras, it is very important to me that we show ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in the IMAX film format wherever possible. Audiences everywhere should be assured that every presentation of the film will be of the highest standard—having benefited from the clarity and depth IMAX cameras offer. However, these 102 screens will showcase the original IMAX film photography in its optimum form, and I hope anyone who has an opportunity to experience the film in these theatres will seek it out.”

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Reminds me of this video:

Fuck me look how big the film reel is for IMAX...THE FILM REEL WEIGHS 600 LBS. If I was Nolan, I'd have definitely fucked with theaters. Put the reel in a giant case that read '1 of 3' or something like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Get the fuck out, Lutz.
    God forbid you should attempt a funny Lutz this is serious Batmania up in this shiz.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Obviously.