Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Albums of the Year- 2023

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Bleep has released their top 100 songs of the year: https://bleep.com/100-tracks-2023

Will be interesting to go through all that. I still can't make up my mind on what I'd rank as the top ten of the year... it was a good year for music at least.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Fuck me
    You guys aren't gonna believe this, but LIL YACHTY, of all people, made a PSYCHADELIC ROCK ALBUM that sort of lands between Pink Floyd and Broadcast, to me at least.
    And it's, believe it or not, fucking REALLY GOOD.
    He got a dude from MGMT and Teezo Touchdown, a killer band of session musicians
    and like, some GREAT unsung heroes of mixing and producing and mastering that sort of sound.
    SERIOUSLY, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT.
    I like it a LOT.

This shit is just more proof that we've slipped into an alternate dimension: Lil Yachty doing a project like this, featuring a dude who has nails for hair, and it being this badass.

Go on and click the vid: it's a fucking glitch in the matrix.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Fuck me
    You guys aren't gonna believe this, but LIL YACHTY, of all people, made a PSYCHADELIC ROCK ALBUM that sort of lands between Pink Floyd and Broadcast, to me at least.
    And it's, believe it or not, fucking REALLY GOOD.
    He got a dude from MGMT and Teezo Touchdown, a killer band of session musicians
    and like, some GREAT unsung heroes of mixing and producing and mastering that sort of sound.
    SERIOUSLY, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT.
    I like it a LOT.

This shit is just more proof that we've slipped into an alternate dimension: Lil Yachty doing a project like this, featuring a dude who has nails for hair, and it being this badass.
    Stop.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Stop.
    Bargon wan Che copa, Solo.
    Yeaaaaah, I saw THIS reaction coming a mile off.

I don't care, though: I actually REALLY dig the lil boat project. I mean, I could do the same shit, possibly BETTER if I assembled a bunch of hot shit producers and musicians.
    But, I still dig it.

ALSO, man, what do you think of the new Busta? I put it on my original list, but I hadn't really "LISTENED to it" listened to it, you knoe?
    And MAN, I swear: he is trying way, way, WAY too hard to appeal to a generation/rap scene that is just NEVER going to give him his flowers.
    MEANWHILE, there are DAMN sure enough of us who were bumping the shit out of The Coming and ELE and WDS and such to pay the bills, if he'd just just "do his thing."

Like, 3/4 of the songs have features: while, ELE2 has almost NO features, and one of the FEW is fucking ODB.

I feel like man is having a midlife crisis...like "am I still relevant? Am I in the conversation?" with this one.

I don't like it NEARLY as much as I thought I did...hell, I MIGHT prefer B.O.M.B.S., which sold fucking 700k.

I hate seeing aging artists of any genre try to ride currents and trends, as very few can (Bowie and Rush being a pair of unusual exceptions).

The MUSIC is decent, although it should be better with fucking Swizz, Timbaland and Pharrell Williams, and I'll damn sure give him the international features: that's cool.
    But, even then, he's just not fucking RAPPING enough.
    And I say there ARE enough of us older heads who just wanna hear great rapper rap over rap beat, because I see it in the comments and shit. That's one of his superpowers: throw him on a track with NO chorus, alone or trading verses with a spliff or ramp, and there's a decent chance it'll fucking bang.

Idk. What do you think?

You WILL dig THIS, I bet: my 12 year old niece is now obsessed with Busta (the old shit) and recently got to see him live.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-17-2024 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Those are words for sure, but are they?