Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Indecision 2012

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    Outside of an ABC poll that I couldn't give a shit less about, I don't believe Romney lost.
    Of course you don't. Romney could have shit his pants and you'd think he won.
    Admit it. He fucking lost. Just like Obama lost the first debate, Romney lost this one.

Why can't you admit it?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He can't admit to something he can't see. Biases are biases for a reason usually.

I could not stop squirming in my seat each time they got close to each other or when they was a clusterfuck of everyone trying to speak over each other. So embarrassing, in my opinion.

Also, "Government doesn't create jobs" yet creating jobs is all Romney can talk about. I just don't understand him. I can already see him using that statement again as an excuse in the event that employment rates go down during his term...

At this point though, if either candidate gets elected, the economy is going to keep doing better regardless...but of course no ones about to start saying that. There's going to be more certainty for things to get done in the next couple years because there won't be any stupid politics/election to worry about, regardless of who's president.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Biden acted like an asshole and clearly lost to Ryan and I think the moderator in that one was fucking abysmal too, your point is invalid.
    ...............wait, what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Of course you don't. Romney could have shit his pants and you'd think he won.
    Admit it. He fucking lost. Just like Obama lost the first debate, Romney lost this one.

Why can't you admit it?
    I don't think either of them won definitively, it was a draw, but Crowley did her best to give Obama the win.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Obama showed (as usual) that he can think on his feet and he has command of information. I think when he went back to debate practice with his team after the last debate, they worked on presentation and tactic; clearly the practice worked. I don't think by nature he is aggressive and outgoing (and I don't think it is necessary for good leadership), but some of the public needed to see some of that and he came through. Romney does not have such a good command of knowledge and gives me the impression of fabricating things on the spot. 'Binders of women'? Letting women off work so they can go home and cook dinner? Is that the best he can do? And he deserved what he got from Obama and the moderator for attempting to mislead people about the Libya attack. He thought he'd work something in that could portray Obama as weak on terror but it failed because it was untrue.

I can't wait for the next debate which is foreign policy oriented.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    but Crowley did her best to give Obama the win.
    Have you ever debated? That's not how debate works.

Actually, this whole debate was a clusterfuck. Obama isn't as good as Biden, and Romney is worse than Ryan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm at 23:11 now, and I'm slightly baffled: my students debate better than they do. At least Obama's asserting himself into the discussion this time.

edit: Really, Mitt? You're going to "crack down on China". Ha.

edit 2: Aha! 58 minutes in, and finally Romney makes a point. Obama's reply on immigration seems weak to me.

edit 3: 'I'm going to label China a currency manipulator'???? I can't wait to see these two debate on FP, because Romney is batshit insane if he truly believes he can get away with an act of economic aggression like that.

edit 4: Obama's closing was definitely pretty powerful and clear. That alone won him the debate, imho.
    Last edited by Elke; 10-17-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    “The suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the secretary of state, our U.N. ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive.” - Obama talking to a kid in his office. That was probably the highlight for me. Just boom!

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...nd-debate?lite

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Disappointed they both want more fracking.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    I'm at 23:11 now, and I'm slightly baffled: my students debate better than they do. At least Obama's asserting himself into the discussion this time.

Elke, you are a smart fucking woman and I am very impressed with how much you and other Europeans are engaged and informed about American politics, but there has not been a REAL forensic debate ever in this century. These are just free tv time for the campaigns. If only they used the format that Lincoln and Douglas did back in 1858!!! *shakes fist

Rock on!

This one irks me more.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/49421240

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Obama's closing was powerful, along with his points on foreign policy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think that's actually Romney's greatest weakness. I'm entirely on the other spectrum in political terms, but that's merely a matter of ideology. But when it comes to FP, Romney's dangerously poorly educated, and I'm quite honestly baffled by it. A lot has been said about how absurdly uninformed Herman Cain was, and I'm not saying Romney's that bad, but some of the things he says in regards to China, Iran and Russia are - mind boggling. It's like he has absolutely no idea of what the rest of the world is like, like he's living in a high-stakes game of Stratego.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    but some of the things he says in regards to China, Iran and Russia are - mind boggling. It's like he most Americans has absolutely no idea of what the rest of the world is like, like he's living in a high-stakes game of Stratego.
    Fixed............................

I voted today - going to be out of town on election day just like I was 4 years ago.

NO BITCHING, EITHER WAY, IF YOU DON'T VOTE!

/ok I'll stop preaching

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is ridiculous... Is this ignorant, duplicitous cult member seriously in the running for leader of the free world? If he gets in I pray the US goes into a Japanese style isolation period. It really is not snooty to say he knows less about international relations and current affairs than most undergraduate politics students - and yet he is SO close to the very top. Something is deeply wrong

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The funny thing is, that there are three other names on the presidential ballot- which is a big deal in my opinion, to get that many signatures to run for PRESIDENT. Yet there's no one in the media going "Hey, these other people made it on the ballot. We should maybe talk to them about what they believe?" Oh well, what can you do with a two party monopoly...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    The funny thing is, that there are three other names on the presidential ballot- which is a big deal in my opinion, to get that many signatures to run for PRESIDENT. Yet there's no one in the media going "Hey, these other people made it on the ballot. We should maybe talk to them about what they believe?" Oh well, what can you do with a two party monopoly...
    Johnson and Stien would both be more favorable candidates too.....

I am real close to giving Stien my vote since Obama will go blue in California anyways. Getting 5% of the vote in CA would equate to 20 million dollars in funding. It would be a pretty big deal.

As far as media goes, yes its gross because I'm pretty sure there is a law stating the press has to give equal coverage of the TWO parties (or candidates I don't remember) ? If they made it apply to the top 5 it'd make such a difference.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 10-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Nobody in the mainstream media, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think either of them won definitively, it was a draw, but Crowley did her best to give Obama the win.
    COME ON. Crowley even conceded Romney was correct on Libya!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiz View Post
    COME ON. Crowley even conceded Romney was correct on Libya!
    Sort of:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...bya-in-debate/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yep, that's pretty accurate.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yep, that's pretty accurate.
    Cool story bro. That's what the "Like this post" button is for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fascinating how theres more argument about who won the debate than what they actually said. Which was nothing.
    Neither of them gave any specifics on how they're going to lower the debt, end the wars, avoid a war with Syria/Iran.
    It was like listening to two kids argue. "yeah but you did X", "oh yeah! well you did Y!" "I didn't do Y! You did Y!!1" , "Did not!!"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Linky: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...dYUoA.facebook

It's not technically illegal for employers to tell their employees how to vote. That doesn't mean that it's ethical or understandable or even acceptable to connect people's livelihoods with their political beliefs. There's a fine line between an employer telling an employee, "Vote Romney!" and a boss telling a subordinate, "Vote Romney, or else!" At least, in the eyes of the inevitably subordinate employees there's not.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Fascinating how theres more argument about who won the debate than what they actually said. Which was nothing.
    Neither of them gave any specifics on how they're going to lower the debt, end the wars, avoid a war with Syria/Iran.
    It was like listening to two kids argue. "yeah but you did X", "oh yeah! well you did Y!" "I didn't do Y! You did Y!!1" , "Did not!!"
    i would expect the issues regarding our oversees wars to more directly addressed in the third debate, which is centered around foreign policy. And with regards to the debt, Obama has said we need end the bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans, so at least that's something, whereas Romney has completely dodged the question. At least he's being directly called out for being vague and evasive.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    I think this has something to do with the 2 minute limit. What kind of policy can you spell out in two minutes? Plus both candidates avoided the question at hand on different occasions.

Obama said he'd end the bush tax cuts 4 years ago too so I'm not sure that's anything more than lip service.