Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigur Ros - Jonsi and Alex - Jonsi

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Album now streaming on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1001227931

Also... after announcing there will be no deluxe version of the album release, they drop a limited edition "10 in their 'expanded edition' of Kveikur.

http://sigur-ros-store.com/kveikur/s...r-enhanced-lp/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The new LP might be some of their best work in my opinion. After Valtari, I wasn't going in with any expectations this time. Sigur Ros has blown me away once again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    In a sense, I'm starting to view Valtari and Kveikur as companion pieces. On one hand, Valtari is the quiet ambient leaning disc, and the other being Kveikur's fast paced intensity. I listened to both of them back to back and, maybe it's because I actually loved Valtari, but they seemed to compliment each other pretty well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ I totally agree with you and I adore Valtari.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    In a sense, I'm starting to view Valtari and Kveikur as companion pieces. On one hand, Valtari is the quiet ambient leaning disc, and the other being Kveikur's fast paced intensity. I listened to both of them back to back and, maybe it's because I actually loved Valtari, but they seemed to compliment each other pretty well.
    Someone needs to work on a combined tracklisting!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait until Hesitation Marks comes out to listen to this. I think they'll make an interesting back-to-back playing experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Kveikur... this is a pretty special album. I love it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Got tickets to 25 November Dusseldorf show.
    Now off to finally listen to Kveikur for the 1st time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The band pulled out Ágætis byrjun in the encore last night, for their manager's birthday: http://heimas.tumblr.com/post/677106...-wembley-arena (See also http://instagram.com/p/g9BaEoj-0T for the full setlist.)

vv Whoops, sorry, you're right - I got confused, seeing a bunch of people talking about the 20th and the 21st at the same time. The setlist is from the 20th; audio is from the 21st.
    Last edited by Endlessly; 11-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    The band pulled out Ágætis byrjun in the encore last night, for their manager's birthday: http://heimas.tumblr.com/post/677106...-wembley-arena (See also http://instagram.com/p/g9BaEoj-0T for the full setlist.)
    that link is slightly wrong, Jonsi did it on acoustic guitar (and georg was on acoustic bass) . and the piano player did have a light, though less than the three.
    they also did svefn-g-englar in the encore.

the gig was maybe the best i've seen them? Jonsis voice wasn't always it's best, but it didn't stop it being amazing.

they did AB in Brighton the night before as well, though I don't know if it was acoustic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Pretty nice set. If I had extra cash lying around, I'd probably pick it up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    “every time you go on tour you want it to be different…and every time it is, usually because you have a new album you want to play people. and that can be fun, because you have to work out how to recreate all the complicated stuff you did in the studio for the stage. but there was a time when things were the other way round, when we worked stuff out on the road, and trying to capture lightning in a bottle was a problem for the studio later on. this time, in addition to playing songs you know, we wanted to remember the seat-of-your-pants feeling experienced in the wake of, ágætis byrjun, when for two years we formed and re-formed the songs that would go on to be the ( ) album, live in front of people, night after night. with this in mind, we are pleased to announce that we are playing festivals next summer in the spirit of adventure. all we can say right now is it’s going to be different, with new unreleased songs, a new show and maybe some other *new* things. beyond that, we can only ask you to trust us on this one.”
    Sigur Rós 2016 Tour Dates:
    06/16 – Bergen, NO @ Bergenfest
    06/18 – Aarhus, DK @ NorthSide Festival
    07/03 – St. Petersburg, RU @ Stereleto Festival
    07/08 – Trencin, SK @ Pohoda Festival
    07/12 – Linz, AT @ Ahoi the Full Hit of Summer
    07/16 – Dour, BE @ Dour Festival
    07/17 – London, UK @ Citadel Festival
    08/10-13 – Luhmühlen, DE @ A Summer’s Tale
    08/18 – Trondheim, NO @ Pstereo Festival
    08/20 – Biddinghuizen, NL @ Lowlands Festival

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm listening to Valtari right now, I didn't use to care for this record that much, one of my least favorite actually, BUT with my new Yamaha system (two speakers and a woofer) at full volume, on a rainy and cold day, it is AMAZING. The pounding bass of the woofer makes all the difference, it's like a discovered a new album. Give another chance to Valtari if you dismissed it like me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Whatever happened to that ágætis byrjun special edition?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Whatever happened to that ágætis byrjun special edition?
    Probably sitting on a shelf somewhere with the 1̶0̶t̶h̶ 15th Anniversary The Fragile special edition.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Sigur Ros - North American Tour

sigur rós have announced an upcoming north american tour this fall. for the first time in their career the band will be touring without a support act, instead offering the audience two sets (+ intermission) starting from 8:30pm sharp at each show.

the month long run is comprised primarily of theater shows, marking the band’s most intimate tour in a decade. in keeping with the scale of the venues, the group will be performing without the string and brass sections that have been characteristic of recent performances, opting instead to focus on the core unit of the band itself. the shows will give the group a chance to road test new music, the first time since the tour leading up to the acclaimed ( ) album in 2002 that the band has performed new material ahead of album recording sessions. alongside this experimentation played out in public, the band is also planning on attempting new interpretations of old songs that haven’t been played in a very long time.
    though the scale of the venues and band will be reduced, the live production will be characteristically stunning, designed again by the team behind their previous knights of illumination award-winning tour

fan presale & sigur rós “besta” package

beginning tuesday there are two ways to purchase tickets for our mailing list subscribers. the first is an exclusive opportunity at regular price. and secondly we are also offering an exclusive limited amount “besta” package which will allow you to purchase one of the best seats in the house along with a special edition diary signed by the band. simply click on the link beside the show in your city, use the password provided to those in the mailing list, and choose either option. (if you missed the password email from us, please keep an eye on our twitter channel)the “besta” package guarantees one of the very best reserved seats in the house* plus, something unique to this tour: an exclusive, limited edition sigur rós notebook/sketch pad, each of which will be autographed by jonsi, orri and georg. (* more info)

sep 19 2016
    queen elizabeth theatre
    vancouver, bc, canada
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 20 2016
    paramount theater
    seattle, wa, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 21 2016
    keller auditorium
    portland, or, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 23 2016
    copley hall
    san diego, ca, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 24 2016
    hollywood bowl
    los angeles, ca, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 26 2016
    kingsbury hall
    salt lake city, ut, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 27 2016
    paramount theatre
    denver, co, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 29 2016
    orpheum theatre
    minneapolis, mn, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

sep 30 2016
    chicago theatre
    chicago, il, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 01 2016
    fox theater
    detroit, mi, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 03 2016
    massey hall
    toronto, on, canada
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 05 2016
    radio city music hall
    new york, ny, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 06 2016
    kings theatre
    brooklyn, ny, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 08 2016
    academy of music
    philadelphia, pa, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 10 2016
    thomas wolfe auditorium
    asheville, nc, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 12 2016
    midland theatre
    kansas city, mo, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

oct 14 2016
    orpheum theater
    phoenix, az, united states
    fan presale apr 5th
    9am pt / 12 et

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just got the presale password for all dates. Hoping 2x of the VIP seats isn't too costly. This plus Explosions in the Sky announcing a date here in the same morning has got me trippin' lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to this tour. Closest one is a smaller venue and I have yet to see these guys. Plus no opener. Two sets. Sounds great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pair of front row on the floor! Took the Besta seats which ended up being $149 cdn each, so hopefully I can ebay one of the two signed books we get to recoup some of that lol. Apparently even with the presale if you chose normal seats it was gone in a second due to bots/scalpers. Ugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Pair of front row on the floor! Took the Besta seats which ended up being $149 cdn each, so hopefully I can ebay one of the two signed books we get to recoup some of that lol. Apparently even with the presale if you chose normal seats it was gone in a second due to bots/scalpers. Ugh.

Nice. I went regular, but managed to snag a pair at a great, nearby venue. Only 5 - 6 rows back. Super stoked.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rehearsal is over, setlist was 12 songs, with a new song starting it off. Pics of the stage/video set up look insaaaaaaaane. The videos I've seen with the outer space motif are rad. Can't wait for the show!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So is it just the three of them, or do they have a keyboardist on stage?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Pretty sure it's literally just the three of the them. From the looks of their Instagram posts today, their new stage design looks like a mashup of the With Teeth Amphitheater tour and the HTDA tour.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder then if they have a guy offstage playing those parts or are using tapes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    You know I have just started getting into them, I have Inni and I definitely like it. If any of you more experienced fans of their catalog could suggest albums to get that would be great. Yes, I know I'm late to the party.
    Honestly, they're all good. But if I had to pick one I'd start with Ágætis byrjun

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Honestly, they're all good. But if I had to pick one I'd start with Ágætis byrjun
    Or takk or ()