Thread: 2014.08.16 - Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't say enough good about this show. Most of it just because I had a great spot and a great crowd around me (sorry if any of this sounds like me just rubbing things in), but it felt like the overall energy everywhere (on stage and in the entire amphitheater) was just fantastic. It might have been because it was taped show, but it didn't seem like anyone in the crowd that I talked to realized that (despite the signs posted).

Wasn't expecting Reptile to make it into the "Fuji" set. Wow. And I had forgotten how incredible Disappointed is live. I know there's some haters (I used to be one), but it's almost like a totally different song to me, since I still don't really care for the album version. TDTWWA was my personal highlight; been waiting ages for that, and tonight was the night.

This venue has a place to check/store your merch after you buy it, and you can come back to grab it after the show. So awesome! Haven't seen that at a venue before, and was super handy for my NIN/SG venue poster.

DEP's guitarist jumped into the crowd right by me, knocked a bunch of chairs over, and went nuts right in front of me/our mini-crowd of like 6 ppl. I think only like 4 of us in the pit were even standing. I think this was happening while Greg was up hugging some of the DEP fans and running around, so I didn't really get to look back and see his shenanigans. You could tell they were making the best of a "the crowd isn't really here to see us" situation, since he even said, "we know you're just here to see SG/NIN, but we're happy to play for you guys."

I was SO CLOSE to finally getting a setlist. It wasn't meant to be. Not sure I'll ever check that one off the list; damn elusive NIN setlists.

Curious to hear what everyone else's experiences were like.

Edit: Oh, also! Forgot to mention that the pit at this show was 1,000,000% better than the Vegas pit. There were a few statues/sitters tonight, but this pit felt like a PIT! It was hot, I got sweaty, chairs were getting pushed around a bit, people were rocking out.
    Last edited by pwing47; 08-17-2014 at 02:37 AM.