Thread: The Feminist Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    You can't just reverse-gender a statement, due to the vast differences between how each gender handles and experiences daily interactions.

More often than not when I get a compliment/comment, which is once every blue moon, fucking me isn't the endgame.
    More often than not when women get a compliment/comment, which is every day, the subtext is "let's bone".

My reaction isn't equivalent to @orestes reaction. You act as if men and women are treated and behaving equally. They are not, and they do not.

How you wouldn't know that, how you wouldn't have witnessed that, how lady friends of yours wouldn't have mentioned it in passing to you is baffling to me.

Every woman that I've known, friends and girlfriends alike, have had to deal with flirting, innuendos, unwelcome touching of the hair or clothes, sex jokes, prying, and questions about their intimacy and relationship status (quickly followed in some cases with the dismissal of said relationship) in the workplace, in the streets...
    How often does that happen to you ? In the last ten years ?
    Last edited by Khrz; 08-15-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    You can't just reverse-gender a statement, due to the vast differences between how each gender handles and experiences daily interactions.

More often than not when I get a compliment/comment, which is once every blue moon, fucking me isn't the endgame.
    More often than not when women get a compliment/comment, which is every day, the subtext is "let's bone".

My reaction isn't equivalent to @orestes reaction. You act as if men and women are treated and behaving equally. They are not, and they do not.

How you wouldn't know that, how you wouldn't have witnessed that, how lady friends of yours wouldn't have mentioned it in passing to you is baffling to me.

Every woman that I've known, friends and girlfriends alike, have had to deal with flirting, innuendos, unwelcome touching of the hair or clothes, sex jokes, prying, and questions about their intimacy and relationship status (quickly followed in some cases with the dismissal of said relationship) in the workplace, in the streets...
    How often does that happen to you ? In the last ten years ?
    Aaand this is complete bullshit. You're basically saying that women are allowed to be assholes because they are women. Is this the equality we are all fighting for? I understand that women usually hear more compliments and they have more attention than man, but come on, do you really think it's okay to think of people who compliment you as "fuckboys" and dumbasses? That's all I'm saying. Maybe the guy wants to sleep with you, so fucking what? As long as he's not an asshole about it, why would you act as some kind of untouchable being who is offended that somebody is trying to say that you're pretty? And I'm saying this as someone who never done this in my entire life, since I find it awkward and weird and maybe even stupid. But I find it equally stupid to act as though you're such a superstar you can see people who're trying to compliment you as idiots. I mean don't you see that? I sometimes feel that people are against me just because.. no real argument or anything, I'm just saying my opinion so you gotta think of something that would be against what I'm saying.

And since this is not really a feminist issue I felt like I could say something.
    Last edited by telee.kom; 08-15-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    You're basically saying that women are allowed to be assholes because they are women. Is this the equality we are all fighting for?
    Help, help, the straight white man is being repressed.