Thread: Anne Rice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    IDK @muad'nin . i don't trust her when it comes to film plans.
    She said there would be a tv minseries for The Witching Hour that never happened, like at least ten years ago.
    She said that there would be a The Vampire Lestat movie some years ago.

You know, Blood Canticle was just plain awful. And i remember struggling to get through Memnoch the Devil when it came out when i was a teenager. Maybe it sucked too, but i was too young to realize it. Like, i thought "this is Anne Rice, it's awesome and i'm just not understanding it because the first four were awesome and so this one has to be awesome too.

She can be a little hit and miss.

But this latest book does some fairly serious and undoable damage to this story i've been reading for 20 plus years by Spoiler: explaining what Amel is and why he, ahem, came to earth from the planet he lived on because he is a Space Alien and all this time the vampires have been nothing more than a host organism for these space aliens and, oh, memnoch wasn't the devil but also a space alien. And 90% of the thing is a Sci-Fi story by and about these space aliens that are called...sigh..Replimoids.
    And i am thinking "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING/why in the fuck are you UNdoing all these years of mystery with such a strange outlandish explanation? why are you trying, this late in the game, to write in a genre you've never tried and publishing it as a Vampire Chronicle? Why couldn't this have been its own experimental story?

I DEFINITELY want more books like Prince Lestat but i never, EVER want to read anything like Atlantis again in the context of the Vampires.

Sooooo....yeah.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-11-2017 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A little bit of news has surfaced on The Vampire Chronicles television series -

http://www.blastr.com/2017-4-29/vamp...ment-tv-series

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    A little bit of news has surfaced on The Vampire Chronicles television series -

http://www.blastr.com/2017-4-29/vamp...ment-tv-series
    It could happen. It seems like vampire fever comes around every few years and it's almost time

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And i remember struggling to get through Memnoch the Devil when it came out when i was a teenager.
    I don't get into a lot of Anne Rice, but I really liked Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat, and Memnoch the Devil. That's a great book.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't get into a lot of Anne Rice, but I really liked Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat, and Memnoch the Devil. That's a great book.
    Well...okay then.
    I read it when it came out; i was like 15?

I DO know that this Realms of Atlantis bullshit is hard to swallow.