Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Which means most likely, even if we get promotion tonight, there'd still be weeks or even months until the LP drops.
    :'( This makes me sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe they're working on a music video? I thought they had some errie photos posted to their twitter that were reminiscent of The Space in Between recording.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Has this been mentioned yet?

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Teasing bastards also confirmed that a tour will happen.

http://www.facebook.com/howtodestroy...16249218396553

Excitement level shot straight back up again. Damn them.

EDIT: Oops the tour thing was already covered in the (no longer) Pointless Live Speculation thread. Oh well.
    Last edited by gorast; 05-30-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I suck at forums

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You read it here first: I will personally bludgeon anyone who I hear, at an HDTA show, screaming out NIN titles between songs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uch, sounds like when I saw A Perfect Circle open for NIN. Everybody was yelling about Tool at any lull in volume.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    You read it here first: I will personally bludgeon anyone who I hear, at an HDTA show, screaming out NIN titles between songs.
    I plan to use a crowbar for that, and anyone that asks for WIG too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well that pretty much confirms they are sitting on the album until they can tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any word is good news but I don't like the idea of another ''soon''. Soon is an awful awful word

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From twitter:

"Getting the plan together for @destroyangels. You will hear new music later this year. Stay tuned." TR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ugh...
    later this year? That could mean December for all we know.
    I was hoping for some new tunes to drive around in the hot summer sun blasting with my windows down.
    Well I am totally excited for any news.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder what "the plan" is? ARG, promotion, tour or packaging are the only things that need a plan really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah im getting excited as to what this plan is too...
    let the speculation begin...some more...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ugh. Time to officially ignore this thread for a few months.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    He'll enjoy watching people squirm and then release something next week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    He'll enjoy watching people squirm and then release something next week.
    I wish I could believe that, I really do

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That rules out June through October.

Oh well, what's another 5 to 6 months at this point.

As for the plan, we already know they will tour so it could include rehearsing and tour scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of crazy promotional/arg type thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if the tour included Trent and Atticus performing The Social Network, TGWTDT, and/or Ghost tracks.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    As for the plan, we already know they will tour so it could include rehearsing and tour scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of crazy promotional/arg type thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if the tour included Trent and Atticus performing The Social Network, TGWTDT, and/or Ghost tracks.
    As much as I love instrumental work by the lads, I hope HTDA is all vocal - so if they do want to do instrumentals live, I hope it'll be TSN/TGWTDT/Ghosts etc too

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I would pay good money to see a fully instrumental TSN/TGWTDT/Ghosts performance. But that's neither here nor there.

As for HDTA, I would really love it if "later this year" turned out to be tomorrow, but I'm not at all expecting that. Realistically, I'm hoping late summer/early fall. Based purely on the music that Trent and Atticus have written as of late, I just get the feeling that this could be a good album for walks in the fall. But as for the whole "plans" thing - I highly doubt there's an ARG in store. Probably more logistics, like "how the fuck do we tour - even on an exceptionally small scale - when two of us are the parents of two tiny little kids?"

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I think touring will take place in the US only and I think in a few 'big cities' in small venues (club tour).

I only hope they will give us some space and time to schedule/plan the trip to a concert (and buying tickets for those gigs).
    I live in Europe, I work and I need the time to arrange a trip to the US....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I agree that it's likely they would do an extremely limited number of shows - major cities and small to mid-size venues. If that's the case, I would absolutely LOVE to see a streaming service worked out for the majority of fans who simply cannot take multiple days off and travel hundreds (or thousands) of miles to see these sets. Honestly, a full-stage camera from FOH and an independent audio mix for the feed, would be amazing. I realize that hiring yet another qualified audio engineer would be no small expense (unless they went with local contractors city to city). But given that I'll almost certainly be unable to catch one of the inaugural shows, I'd be willing to pay a fair price for something like this. Or again, a full stage cam, mixed after the show with the PT files, and sold online as a download. I'd buy it without thinking twice.

You know...just in case anyone with influence is reading this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Later this year...Q3 2012? Fuck. That's probably four more months at the least. Oh well. Time to go back to quiet enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    ugh. Time to officially ignore this thread for a few months.
    Unfortunately.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wonder what "the plan" is? ARG, promotion, tour or packaging are the only things that need a plan really.
    I wouldn't read too much into whatever their "plan" is - it's likely fairly mundane, practical stuff. I didn't get a very cryptic vibe from Trent's post, and I can't imagine there being an ARG. It just sounded like he was giving a mass update in lieu of the quiet facebook comments. Booking a tour that parallels a smooth and calculated album release has to be a priority. I'm sure artwork and packaging is still being worked on, and finding a reliable manufacturer is more important than ever after the GDT Deluxe mess. Fingers crossed for a new music video eventually as well (which falls under the all-important promotion category). Of course, each band member has a family to spend time with, too.

I'm psyched though! It's good to know things are happening. I can certainly wait longer, even if I'd rather not. The fact that a tour is happening is enough to keep me going - that was a pretty big question mark for a while, and is very exciting. I think all this behind-the-scenes and business stuff simply insures that we'll have an excellent presentation for the album when the time comes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    oh goddamn. wasn't it planned for spring?
    you don't have to tour immediately after releasing the record

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    you don't have to tour immediately after releasing the record
    Yeah Skinny Puppy, where is your spring 2012 tour to backup 2011's HanDover, hmm?? (sorry couldn't resist)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Goddammit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I plan to use a crowbar for that, and anyone that asks for WIG too.
    calm down, you mass murderers...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to Trent smashing a keyboard when some asshole won't stop screaming "HEAD LIKE A HOLE!!! HEAD LIKE A HOLE!!!".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't like people screaming for 'head like a hole' at a Nine Inch Nails gig