Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    the other possibility is that the hdta album is being re-worked into a NIN album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love you, cashpiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    the other possibility is that the hdta album is being re-worked into an Exotic Birds tribute album.
    Fixed. You're welcome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed my ridiculous idea, but did anyone go check the ditches?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol. We need to have an official moratorium on tweeting Rob for the remainder of our waiting period.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    lol. We need to have an official moratorium on tweeting Rob for the remainder of our waiting period.
    I've been trying that, but it gets hard, especially as we get closer to the EP's second anniversary

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphiseum View Post
    Going back to the YZ thing, what if there's already an ARG for the new album and we just haven't found it yet?

Conspiracy Keanu strikes again.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, it turns out https://twitter.com/#!/destroyangels...07241500876801 really WAS a code, and the LP's been sitting in some tree trunk for months.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    New atticus interview mentions it's coming out "this year" (my heart jumped when he mentioned it, hoping it would be "soon") http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.co...network-dragon

Also mentions working on Trent with something that's not score or HTDA. Hmmm

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    NOT score + NOT HTDA = NIN

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    "We just did something last week and we have a few things up and coming as well."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think they spend most of their time figuring out how to drive us crazy.
    "So Atticus, when you're at the BMI awards, drop hints about random stuff, and be as vague as possible about HTDA"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    He made it sound like they just whipped up an album last week, as if it was normal to record an album in one week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe the 'thing last week' is a video?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have nothing to add. I just REALLY REALLY WANT THIS NEW ALBUM TO COME OUT!!! Anytime. TGWTDG soundtrack didn't give me "enough" to hold on to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I have nothing to add. I just REALLY REALLY WANT THIS NEW ALBUM TO COME OUT!!! Anytime. TGWTDG soundtrack didn't give me "enough" to hold on to.
    Yeah, I feel the same. The the sound track is brilliant but alot of it was just ambient humming that I just skip past. I'm sure it's perfect for the movie but I can't listen to it on it's own. Speaking of which, I really have to see the movie. Still haven't got around to it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    hey guys whats up is this album fucking out yet or what jeez

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Were about to hit June with absolutely no promotion for this album. It's looking like this won't be a summer 2012 release either (just like it wasn't an end of 2010 release, a first quarter 2011 release, a fall 2011 release, a first quarter 2012 release, or a spring 2012 release).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe we're stuck in a horrible cycle where every single time we get an official speculated release, the speculated release gets pushed back afew quarters and this cycle continues and the album never see's the light of day. Or, even worse, it goes the same way as Chinese Democracy. If Trent or Atticus goes all celebutard drama queen douche on us we'll know what to expect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is clumsy handling on their part; I expected more. Ten points from Gryffindor, Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yeah, this is clumsy handling on their part; I expected more. Ten points from Gryffindor, Trent.
    Trent is Slytherin though, as he is Snape.

Also, it's not clumsy handling until we see the end product. This could be going exactly to plan for all we know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, the plan was to release it in the first quarter of this year, and before that were several other missed deadlines, so it's actually not going according to plan(s). Now it's just an exercise in patience for the stock of devoted fans Trent has accumulated over the years (the band itself hasn't produced enough to gain a following yet) and an example of why it's better to wait until you've hammered down a release date before you start hinting and teasing a new album.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    If you look at Nine Inch Nails release dates, they're all over the map (I'm not using HDTA release dates because there is only one release from that project and thus does not provide reliable data).

This sample of data skews toward a release date somewhere around July to August.

Here is a list of mid-year releases from Nine Inch Nails:

The Day the World Went Away
    Release Date: 07/20/99

Capital G
    Release Date: 05/29/07

The Fragile
    Release Date: 09/21/99

Broken
    Release Date: 09/22/92

Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 05-28-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just hurry up and release it!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Dear Cashpiles,

TDTWWA and CapG are singles. And you've listed TDTWWA twice.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The order things will most likely come, based on how things are generally done by Null/Trent, is
    Promotion -> single -> music video -> LP digital -> LP physical -> ?live?

Which means most likely, even if we get promotion tonight, there'd still be weeks or even months until the LP drops.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So...based on the skewed data, it could be sometime between tomorrow and late September?

Well I feel better already!

At this point, I just hope that my anticipation doesn't end up translating to absurdly high expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So...based on the skewed data, it could be sometime between tomorrow and late September?

Well I feel better already!

At this point, I just hope that my anticipation doesn't end up translating to absurdly high expectations.
    So your saying its coming out soon? I cant wait!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    If you look at Nine Inch Nails release dates, they're all over the map (I'm not using HDTA release dates because there is only one release from that project and thus does not provide reliable data).

This sample of data skews toward a release date somewhere around July to August.

Here is a list of mid-year releases from Nine Inch Nails:

The Fragile
    Release Date: 09/21/99

Broken
    Release Date: 09/22/92

September is considered mid-year? If so, then you should also count With Teeth, which came out in May; Year Zero, which came out in April; and The Slip, which came out in July.

EDIT: Not that any of this fucking means anything, anyway. I can't see how it would. Shit's been delayed for long enough, I can't see Trent purposefully putting this stuff off just to find a proper release date. IMO, something's not done yet, they're still working on the album, be it the artwork or running out of ink for autographed copies or whatever.
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 05-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.