Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mark Meadows is under oath, right now, talking about what happened. Wild.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I guess if Trump can raise money on the mugshot, why not use that power for good as well?

https://store.greenday.com/en/green-...t/M000740.html

Proceeds from this shirt will be donated to The Giuliani Legal Defense Fund Greater Good Music, a grassroots organization bringing food to the Maui fire victims. Learn more here.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    coolest thing Green Day has ever done

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The MAGA reaction to his mugshot has been... "The best photo of his life!!!"

To me, it looks like a guy trying really hard not to shit his pants in public... "Can't do it here! It'll be a stinker! Nooooooo...."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The maga crowd is incapable of rationally assessing him under any conditions, so of course they're blowing him over his mugshot. Like oh, did you commit treason? Get over here babe
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-29-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ah the supreme joy I feel w/ Roger Stone going down.

Stone did not deny he had communicated with members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.
    "Have I met individual members of those groups? Yes. Do I know Donald Trump? Yes," he said.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Wow, he lost on summary judgment. The facts and numbers on the financial statements were so plainly fraudulent that it didn't even need to be argued.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    man that Truth Social all caps post is going to be insane.

well, more insane.

edit: lol he sued the judge? wtaf. and his lawyers have fined in it for $7500 each, hah!
    Last edited by allegate; 09-26-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Sue the judge? Please people, do not re-elect this person.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

i’m practically giddy over the idea that he could lose trump tower. i should be ashamed of the pure happiness just the idea gives me. imagine if it happens. i shouldn’t hate anyone this much but it is so well deserved.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Sue the judge? Please people, do not re-elect this person.
    People are trying to ring the alarm bells, but it's totally possible (judging by polls) and it's scary. Even if you discount the latest one as an outlier, polls show 2024 as a very close race. Trump could win next year, even if he loses the popular vote (again).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    People are trying to ring the alarm bells, but it's totally possible (judging by polls) and it's scary. Even if you discount the latest one as an outlier, polls show 2024 as a very close race. Trump could win next year, even if he loses the popular vote (again).
    The electoral college swung on 80K votes in 2016 and 44K votes in 2020. It will be similarly close in 2024. The best thing to do is focus on getting out the vote in the swing states that will decide the election. It will be probably be very similar to 2020: Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The electoral college swung on 80K votes in 2016 and 44K votes in 2020. It will be similarly close in 2024. The best thing to do is focus on getting out the vote in the swing states that will decide the election. It will be probably be very similar to 2020: Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada
    That pisses me off. 5-6 states determine the election, every time. The other 44 states might as well not even vote at the point. Might as well have the election in the 5-6 states and the winner becomes POTUS. That's pretty much what we have now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ...they have accused the Biden Administration of filing the motion to distract from Trump's 'commanding lead in the polls'

And now you know why we've seen all those bullshit polls over the last couple weeks
    From a Reddit thread: https://reddit.com/r/politics/s/Bx0uOX9cxy

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

yeah this isn't going to go well

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump Asks For Jan. 6 Dismissal Because Coup Attempt Was Part Of His Official Duties
    WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to dismiss criminal charges against him based on his actions leading up to his Jan. 6, 2021, coup attempt because, as president, that coup attempt should be considered part of his presidential duties.

Trump lawyers Todd Blanche and John Lauro, in Thursday’s 52-page filing, attempted to minimize Trump’s actions leading up to the violent assault on the Capitol that day and that, regardless, the law allowed Trump to act based on his belief that that the election had been stolen from him.

“The indictment is based entirely on alleged actions within the heartland of President Trump’s official duties, or at the very least, within the ‘outer perimeter’ of his official duties,” Blanche and Lauro wrote. “As President Trump is absolutely immune from criminal prosecution for such acts, the court should dismiss the indictment.”
    they need to take the kids gloves off and bury him soon.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm finishing the Cassidy Hutchinson book, and while it's not the best writing or assembly of events, it feels honest, and from the book it's clear that Trump knew he lost the election and that he and Mark Meadows (along with a handful of other bad guys like Roger Stone) planned for January 6th to go even crazier than it went. The part where Rudy Giuliani gropes her is pretty disgusting too.

Not sure if it's worth reading, but Trump knew and helped orchestrate Jan 6th, and he knows he lost the fucking election.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia election interference case
    As part of the agreement, Powell must "testify truthfully about any co-defendants" involved in the case and "provide all documents to the district attorney's office" relevant to their case against the other co-defendants, according to Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm as glad as the next leftist to see trump get his comeuppance.
    But, politically?
    Mark my words: this WILL backfire.

Still, it's funny to see that lady be the first to flip.
    @Jinsai : I must read this book, or, an incoming similar book. I mean, we all ASSUMED these things to be true, but I sure do love seeing the fucking EVIDENCE pile up.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-20-2023 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    given the animosity the trumpers haves thrown at the people voting "no" for Gym, what kind of blowback do you think these two will have? especially since they're basically 'traitoring' their orange leader?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Jinsai : I must read this book, or, an incoming similar book. I mean, we all ASSUMED these things to be true, but I sure do love seeing the fucking EVIDENCE pile up.
    There's something almost naive about her honesty in the book. And there's parts where she notes Trump oscillating between declaring himself the victor and then pretty much admitting that he lost but didn't want to admit it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, Michael Cohen will be testifying today, and I believe Trump will be in attendance in court?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/s/mpcvN692Iv

and another one!

He’s either going to jail or feelingfleeing the country, I'm good either way.

edit: because swype typing is usually terrible but I keep using it on mobile
    Last edited by allegate; 10-25-2023 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    they falling like dominoes. you knew they would tho. trump is no one’s king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    they falling like dominoes. you knew they would tho. trump is no one’s king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see it like this: he's the King of his voting base. In Congress, outside of people like Matt "pedo" Gaetz and Marjorie "Qanon" Greene, well...I think MOST Republicans KNOW better.
    But, god forbid they lose the votes of their idiot constituents.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He is a king to a lot of really deluded people. I was watching that HBO documentary from Pelosi's daughter called The Insurrectionist Next Door... these people went to jail after January 6th, and they still obsessively worship Trump. Then agaaaaain, we're talking about some guy who tattooed "Proud Boy" on his forehead, so...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The Pelosi family are genuinely awful shitlibs, including that part. daughter. That being said, that doc was fascinating. You can see the various sad types of people that can get caught up in that MAGA wave that swept over large swaths of people in 2015/2016. And "sad" is really the best word for these people. The incel guy, the general lack of education amongst most if not all of them, the general feeling of isolation, the clear mental problems exuding out of most of them. Just sad people.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 11-06-2023 at 11:02 PM.