Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tate the great View Post
    Okay, Rock'n'Heim is confirmed: http://www.rock-n-heim.com/

I REALLY hope there will be side shows...
    oh my god. seeing the band in that lineup makes it REAL. its HAPPENING

Also, I guess that's why this whole thing was announced yesterday, so TR could let us know before some random german festival did.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tate the great View Post
    Okay, Rock'n'Heim is confirmed: http://www.rock-n-heim.com/

I REALLY hope there will be side shows...
    Jesus Christ God, who designed that monkey

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    im just wondering why volbeat is up there with nin and soad? laaaaame

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Why is the NIN account RT'ing a ramdom link about Gary Numan performing "Cars" with NIN? Don't tell me he's opening...
    if that isn't an obvious hint, i don't know what is.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Or could it be...
    the collaboration?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Or could it be that laughing squid featured NIN so NIN retweeted it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Only Dave Navarro does that.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Or could it be that laughing squid featured NIN so NIN retweeted it?
    Yeah. Rob has long been a fan of The Laughing Squid and I know one of the main Laughing Squid guys is a huge NIN fan and has been for years. So I'd say it's simply that Laughing Squid posted when they did because of the new tour and then Rob decided to RT it because it was awesome.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Rob has two twitter accounts to retweet crap to, I doubt this was just "ooh that's cool"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm quite positive that I'll finally get to see NIN live, after all. Looking forward!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Rob has two twitter accounts to retweet crap to, I doubt this was just "ooh that's cool"
    Okay. Sure. The most reasonable conclusion to jump to here, given these connections, is that Rob is sending a secret message by RTing a post made earlier in the day by a site he regularly follows. He wouldn't do anything crazy like, just put a direct link to the YouTube video.

Anyway, YAY NIN LIVE!
    Last edited by johnbron; 02-26-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Yup, especially after they retweeted this the day before announcing touring: https://twitter.com/blindoldfreak/st...22784174481409
    A news article about a 3 year old youtube video just isn't noteworthy from the NIN account. The only important part is someone wondering if Trent will team up with Numan

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I guess it could also be then fucking with us.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I heard Everyday is Exactly the Same in Toronto 05/09/05. . . Soooooooo fucking good. . .
    That was my first NIN show ever, and what an amazing show it was! right up front against the barrier. Sad that show never got a bootleg. Can only find the May 10th show in Toronto around. I was at that one as well, but it wasn't as good as the 9th for some reason.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I guess it could also be then fucking with us.
    Well, I mean, it resulted in like ten posts about it, so...mission accomplished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    fuck. can I just say that's my biggest concert pet peeve of all time. considering how many people have no sense of timing.

in fact if you watch the webster hall DVD, during the horrendous clapping, you can hear me screaming "you're off beat!!!" (may have been during hurt...but it was definitely one of the two..)

if its an upbeat song, and you see one of the bandmembers asking for it, by all means...otherwise..JUST DONT.
    Why in your right mind would you want to clap along to an ambient track? I mean, seriously?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Here's hoping we get a little Closer to God action this tour....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    Personally, I would love another shot at hearing Now I'm Nothing. Still pissed I missed it by one show during NIN/JA.
    I saw them play that at the Kansas City NIN/JA show. I was really hoping they were going to open with that too and I think most videos of YouTube of the song you can hear me screaming "Oh Fuck Yeah!" out of excitement as well as screaming like a banshee.

I was pretty pumped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So July 26th seems like it may be the earliest date with what Belew said about moving to LA in May for 3 months of rehearsals. Historically is it likely there will be at least 1 LA warmup show?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Japan - Chicago - Germany

Thats a lot of jumping around to different countries. It's starting to look like July/August will be festivals only - and apparently all around the world.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

Thats a lot of jumping around to different countries. It's starting to look like July/August will be festivals only - and apparently all around the world.
    I believe that was in the official quote from Trent. A full US tour starts in the fall while the summer is devoted to festival gigs.

All of these confirmations just make it all the more real, it's so crazy. I'm hoping to take my brother to his first Nine Inch Nails show this year finally.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

but the lollapalooza isn't confirmed, i think they're going to start in europe/asia and then the northamerican tour... (hoping sudamerican tour rumors...)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I go home for 5 days, and then come back, and find that this board has exploded (I forget about the Internet while on a trip). Wow. It reminds me of the time I went to Amsterdam for a weekend on April 2011, I came back from that trip, only to find out that Osama Bin Laden had been killed while I was in Holland. Crazy.

Looking forward to this NIN tour. I don't know if y'all have talked about openers (have only been through the first 5 pages of this thread) but I'd like to see the Dillinger Escape Plan. I mentioned this for HTDA, and I say this again for NIN. Oh man, I would probably die after a DEP+NIN show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Back in 2009, Trent seemed frustrated with what he perceived to be the expectations of fans at concerts. He seemed to feel obligated to give them the old stuff that they came for. This kind of trapped him in that "26 years on my way to hell" mode, which seems pretty irrelevant to a 44 year-old. I think he shut NIN down to distance himself from the expectation that he would always do the old favorites, always be the angsty guy throwing shit. That doesn't mean that Trent isn't still passionate or doesn't want to continue making the interesting, rhythmic, powerful music that NIN stands for. I think in his statement, "band is reinventing itself from scratch," Trent is saying, "don't expect the same old thing."

Music is a very nostalgic thing. It helps us remember a more youthful time. And some people go to concerts hoping to relive those times. But if you really love an artist, you'll be excited about their growth and change. As much as I had a great time marching with the pigs, I'm far more interested in hearing what's in Trent's head today, expressed in music. We have all gotten older and we all live in today's world. I hope Nine Inch Nails 2013 reflects that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sure looks like Europe/Asia festivals than a Fall US tour, but I would still expect some type of warmup show or shows before the festivals, those who live in LA will probably get lucky with that again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, here are my thoughts on the current touring situation: Originally, when I saw the Germany date being officially confirmed, I assumed the following schedule for NIN touring this/next year: Start of the tour with a couple of festival dates in Europe, almost exclusively festivals, one or two sideshows in the UK, maybe France, if your lucky. Then a big, big arena tour in the States followed by the "world tour" part in 2014 which would have been South America, Asia, possibly Russia. But probably no return to Europe, as the opening of the tour was already there (I think that happened once in the past, if I remember correctly...)

NOW that the Fuji Rock thing is confirmed, that changes the whole thing. See, I was mainly hoping for side shows because I was assuming that this summer might be the only "Europe" part of the tour. And no one wants to see NIN at a crappy German festival opening for die Toten Hosen, right? Now, though, with Japan being confirmed, it seems that this will really be a Festival only affair this summer (+ UK side shows), but a full fledged return to the old continent in next years world tour part. And with that, I'm rather happy.

Now, looking at the upcoming festivals this year, the tour schedule for this summer will most likely be two or three festivals in Asia (Japan, Korea) in late July followed by Scandinavia (Oya Festival in Norway is on the 10th, Smukfest in Denmark on the 7th), Eastern/Middle Europe in early to mid-August (Sziget in Hungary on the 5th, Germany's Rock n Heim, Poland has the Coke Live Festival on the 17th, Austria the Frequency at the same time), then the UK (Leeds/Reading on the 23rd) and France (Rock n Seine on the 23rd). If you look at the so far confirmed line-up of these festivals, it should seem about right. Looks like NIN will get quite close to System of a Down this year

Anyway, just my two cents.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Same. I really, really don't want to have to subject myself to going to Leeds Festival now that I'm above the age of 16.
    Seriously and sadly seconded. Also I'm on honeymoon for the last two weeks of August.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Very easy to mix up which one you're logged into, especially on a mobile. Or possibly ARG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)