Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had 0 problems getting tix for the Pomona show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Two tix for Pomona! Got that and Vegas, and very excited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It was close for me. Refreshed the page at 12:00, saw the pre-sale change, got to the page where I selected # of tickets and pressed "Buy", and then it said I had nothing in my cart. Went back to tour.howtodestroyangels.com and it already said "Sold Out". Went through this process several more times until it finally said tickets were available through Ticketmaster and LiveNation, so I fired up both of those links and got into the checkout process where I had 9:30 remaining to purchase. At this point, went back to the tour page and refreshed again in one last bout of desperation and I was able to get through the checkout process and got an order confirmation number, then cancelled the TM/LN carts. Thank God!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Alessandro Cortini will be pulling double duty alongside Trent, performing with HTDA for their dates next month.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    DIIV are going to be the opening band (never heard of them)

from facebook:
    Pleased to announce that our good friend and collaborator Alessandro Cortini will be joining us on stage as part of the live band. And in case you hadn't heard, we're excited to have DIIV opening for us at all of the shows (except Denver). Tour dates: http://tour.destroyangels.com/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder why DIIV isn't doing the Denver show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Alessandro Cortini will be pulling double duty alongside Trent, performing with HTDA for their dates next month.
    Sonoio opening set? please?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rob confirmed via twitter yesterday that they wont be releasing any offical live DVD/Blu Ray come end of tour, just concentrating on the live stream of Coachella this time round.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848

(Link now works thanks to SD's input in next post, so his post makes sense!)
    Last edited by simonn; 03-14-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: IT incompetence rectification scenario

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848 is the link you want.

And to be fair, a live DVD for a band doing less than 20 dates on their first tour would be a BIT too ambitious :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848 is the link you want.

And to be fair, a live DVD for a band doing less than 20 dates on their first tour would be a BIT too ambitious :P
    Cheers for correcting that SD. Yeah, though it might be pushing it, but if you don't ask...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    For any Toronto concert-goer, the Sound Academy has been the kiss of death for some time now. Book anywhere but there is pretty much the motto. I will say that they have done some renovations and made some improvements (it used to be MUCH worse, if you can believe that). Problem is, they either have by far the cheapest contracts and/or the best booking agent in the world, as they basically get all of the best non arena shows in the city now. As a result I'm forced to go there much more than I would like, and it's a shame too because in the summer it's an awesome view of the city and nice to be down by the water. They also have ideal smoking conditions for a toker like myself. A few bands have managed to surpass the acoustic issues since they've opened it up a bit more, TV on the Radio being one of them. I've also seen pretty decent shows from Queens and Them Crooked Vultures there, as well as Deftones, M83, and Alexisonfire.

At the end of the day, of course I would have preferred the highly underrated and vastly underused Kool Haus, and this is far from ideal but it's manageable. Just don't expect to be able to move around much, don't drink or use the bathroom (no soap no hope you touch your dick you wash your hands! if you've ever taken a piss there you will get that joke), don't expect to be able to go out to your car to dump any merch/poster (so fucking stupid), and expect for it to be filled with way more people than it can be expected to reasonably hold for that kind of venue, and you'll make it through just fine. Sometimes the hate for the building becomes larger than life, but it's really just another poorly thought out venue. I think if they didn't book SOO many shows and gave some other places a shot at some decent acts, their reputation wouldn't be nearly as bad. That, and if they sold a lot less tickets (or if you are seeing an act that won't sell out), as I've also been there when they cut the floor in half and it is a million fucking times better that way.
    TL;DR Live Nation owns almost every decent Toronto venue for rock shows (except Danforth Music Hall, where I would vastly prefer to see Trent & His Angels play). @pequena and I both work at Koerner Hall, which is more classical-oriented so it probably wouldn't be right for HTDA. Now, an all-acoustic TR solo show — that would be a different story.
    Last edited by botley; 03-14-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If LN owns Sound Academy and Kool Haus, why do they book Sound Adacemy every single fucking time when people obviously hate it and the acoustics are horrible? I can't see it being a numbers thing, they are both hold around 3k. There is some mysterious reason for this... one day I will get to the bottom of it.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 03-14-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    LN does not own Sound Academy. There's your answer right there. All the non-LN bands are basically forced there (or the Danforth, which I vastly prefer).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ... Koerner Hall, which is more classical-oriented so it probably wouldn't be right for HTDA.
    Oh god, could you imagine? We'd be moving people out of broken seats for WEEKS.

You know what would be amazing for a super intimate HTDA show? The Opera House.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    same here.
    ticket on its way to the dutch mountains

edit: i mean the one from 'montclair' ; the one from nyc (ticketmaster.com) is 'will call' (no problem: it's seat numbered)
    had contact using email.
    correction:
    "the tickets will be at will-call when you get to the show"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yes, Pequena, Opera House would be awesome. Too bad it fits less than a thousand so it's off the radar for most bands. I think if it did even 1500 you might see it get utilzed more than it does. But of course then that would likely ruin the intimacy of it. I did see Saul Williams there though a while back and while I got into a bit of a tiff with the venue staff, the show itself was still very solid. My favorite all time show there was the Deftones secret show prior to Wakestock with Alexisonfire opening. Fuck that was incredible.

Speaking of Deftones, Botley that is good to know about SA not being owned by live nation, but I don't think Kool Haus is either. Do you know if it is? Deftones they played there a couple weeks ago, and I don't believe Deftones are signed to any LN deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just took a look at Ticketmaster on a lark while I was looking for something else and noticed that now several seats in row C in the lower mezzanine for the Apollo show had become available. Managed to get 2 seats which are better than the previous 2 I had (need to figure out whether to sell those now or find other friends to take along) so just wanted to let people know that about a dozen not bad seats are currently available on Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Ok nevermind Botley Deftones are definitely signed with Live Nation, at least in Canada. My tickets shipped late and got held at customs for that March 1st show, so I had to do will call and they didn't issue actual tickets when I got there, just little tear one drink generic tickets for entry. Then, I come home from work yesterday, and low and behold what has arrived a good 3 weeks after the show? My Deftones tickets, printed on Live Nation stock.

Mystery solved.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I hope everyone at the shows are really receptive towards DIIV. I'm so excited to see them, and don't want to be bummed out by their set being drowned out by everyone on their phones.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, the prices are going down on Stubhub. Toronto and Boston start at only $20 for GA.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    So, the prices are going down on Stubhub. Toronto and Boston start at only $20 for GA.
    Yikes. . . Hopefully they start to sell after positive reviews of the first few dates. . .

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rob tweeted

Just saw the @destroyangels stage production set up in full for the first time. Ho. Lee. Shit. This is going to be fun.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Yikes. . . Hopefully they start to sell after positive reviews of the first few dates. . .
    Hopefully, it was a matter of scalpers buying en masse because they thought Trent's name would command top dollar...and realizing that they were just being greedy douchebags and getting stuck with a ton of stock to get rid of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has there been any announcements regarding recording at any of the shows ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Has there been any announcements regarding recording at any of the shows ?
    For the non coachella recording is allowed iirc

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For the non coachella recording is allowed iirc
    Has this been officially announced anywhere yet?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not announced, but Rob said it's cool - though he'd rather people were watching than recording

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not announced, but Rob said it's cool - though he'd rather people were watching than recording
    Hopefully the band puts it out officially so the venues are cool I record but it never takes away from me watching it mics are always on hat also i want to try out my new t4i on this tour

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

Less than a week until Pomona!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by johnbron; 04-05-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: ALL CAPS fail

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Hopefully the band puts it out officially so the venues are cool I record but it never takes away from me watching it mics are always on hat also i want to try out my new t4i on this tour
    Coachella is going to be streamed in HD, that'll be released on youtube