Thread: The Mandela Effect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    When i was a kid, i read Berenstein Bears books. And recently, it occurred to me that the books are, in fact, called BerenSTAIN bears, and always have been.

Another thing that really gets me is Snow White-the witch says Mirror Mirror on the wall, right?
    WHen you go back and watch it, she says MAGIC mirror on the wall.
    Ah but in the original Grimm translated from German it is "mirror, mirror." :-)

(I didn't have those Bears; I had the Brothers Grimm and A.A. Milne. But maybe kids wanted those Bears to be Jewish, LOL. I mean, really, who the fuck is named BerenSTAIN except those two? Who wrote kids books about bears.)

One of my faves, though, is "Play it, Sam." (Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam.")

Oh, also:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (NOT: "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.")

I don't know why people are so uptight about stuff like this, I think it's great fun. And quite simple, really.

Like people being convinced, for years, that Abe Vigoda was dead. Except he wasn't. And each time he "died," the world had to again be convinced he wasn't dead. And then he finally really did die. And nobody was sure if he was really dead. Lol.

And Walt Disney wasn't frozen cryogenically, either; he was cremated. That actually bummed me out because the cryogenics story was so cool. No pun intended.*

*That reminds me of that "Disney on Ice!!" skit, I think it was SCTV, where Walt Disney's coffin was out on the ice rink sliding around to various Disney theme music with spotlights on it ...
    Last edited by allegro; 06-16-2016 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ah but in the original Grimm translated from German it is "mirror, mirror." :-)

(I didn't have those Bears; I had the Brothers Grimm and A.A. Milne. But maybe kids wanted those Bears to be Jewish, LOL. I mean, really, who the fuck is named BerenSTAIN except those two? Who wrote kids books about bears.)

One of my faves, though, is "Play it, Sam." (Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam.")

Oh, also:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (NOT: "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.")

I don't know why people are so uptight about stuff like this, I think it's great fun. And quite simple, really.

Like people being convinced, for years, that Abe Vigoda was dead. Except he wasn't. And each time he "died," the world had to again be convinced he wasn't dead. And then he finally really did die. And nobody was sure if he was really dead. Lol.

And Walt Disney wasn't frozen cryogenically, either; he was cremated. That actually bummed me out because the cryogenics story was so cool. No pun intended.*

*That reminds me of that "Disney on Ice!!" skit, I think it was SCTV, where Walt Disney's coffin was out on the ice rink sliding around to various Disney theme music with spotlights on it ...
    there are fucking SCORES of them.
    99 percent of them are obviously just false memories, but there ARE a few head scratchers for me.
    Also, i'm absolutely convinced that all of the "ghosts" i see are shadows of people from a near dimension.
    But then again, good old eleveno IS crazy...

But if Michio Kaku tells me that there are probably dinosaurs in our living rooms and we just aren't tuned into the right "frequency" to see them...

I will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.
    I feel like this in particular is more in line with the Joshua Tree Epiphany.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't think this stuff is officially a part of the "Mandela Affect" (logos and all that) but I used to kinda be fascinated with subliminal advertising, like "SEX" in the ice cubes in this ad:

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I don't think this stuff is officially a part of the "Mandela Affect" (logos and all that) but I used to kinda be fascinated with subliminal advertising, like "SEX" in the ice cubes in this ad:

whoa, holy shit. it works.
    i just pulled up this page again and i swear to god i saw "dirty" instead of "dry" BEFORE i consciously saw sex in the ice cubes.
    I don't think it's a coincidence. i think my judeo christian subconscious saw sex and thought dirty :P

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    A friend of mine was an advertising major... kind of blew my mind when he showed me all the crazy subliminal stuff that's hidden, primarily in ice cubes in ads. Mostly it's just dicks... and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Regarding the Mandela Effect... I think it's amusing, but I don't honestly buy it on any level. Sure, we're living in insane times, and The Berenstein Bears are spelled wrong, and Trump is fucking president of the United States, but all of this madness is just that, madness.

Except the Berenstein Bears thing... that is so fucking weird to me.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    A friend of mine was an advertising major... kind of blew my mind when he showed me all the crazy subliminal stuff that's hidden, primarily in ice cubes in ads. Mostly it's just dicks... and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Regarding the Mandela Effect... I think it's amusing, but I don't honestly buy it on any level. Sure, we're living in insane times, and The Berenstein Bears are spelled wrong, and Trump is fucking president of the United States, but all of this madness is just that, madness.

Except the Berenstein Bears thing... that is so fucking weird to me.
    Now i must see these hidden ice cube dicks.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Now i must see these hidden ice cube dicks.
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/poster.asp Here you go!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I feel like this in particular is more in line with the Joshua Tree Epiphany.
    what is that @theimage13 ? the link is broken

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    what is that @theimage13 ? the link is broken
    Once upon a time, Robin received a tree identifying book whereyou could match a tree up with its name by looking at its picture.Robin decided to go out and identify the trees in theneighborhood. Before she went out, she read through part of thebook. The first tree in the book was the Joshua tree because itonly took two clues to identify it.

Now the Joshua tree is a really weird-looking tree and she lookedat that picture and said to herself, "Oh, we don’t have that kind oftree in Northern California. That is a weird-looking tree. I wouldknow if I saw that tree, and I’ve never seen one before."So she took the book and went outside.

Her parents lived in acul-de-sac of six homes. Four of those homes had Joshua trees inthe front yard. She had lived in that house for thirteen years, andshe had never seen a Joshua tree.She took a walk around the block - at least 80 percent of thehomes had Joshua trees in the front yards. And she had swornshe had never seen one before!

The moral of the story? Once Robin was conscious of the tree,once she could name it, she saw could see it everywhere. Whichis exactly my point. Once you can name something, you’reconscious of it. You have power over it. You own it. You’re incontrol.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    will say that there is one more that i DAMN sure don't remember-the Volvo logo being like surrounded by a male gender symbol.
    I love logos because I was in advertising, and I only recently figured out that the Acura logo is just a kind of bent version of the Honda logo, heh. That's brilliant.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love logos because I was in advertising, and I only recently figured out that the Acura logo is just a kind of bent version of the Honda logo, heh. That's brilliant.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Nah, that's completely different. Hyundai had to do an "H" but an "H" that was totally different than Honda's. And they succeeded. It's also a silhouette of two guys shaking hands.

Honda's and Acura's look something like an emblem on a uniform on the Starship Enterprise. Hyundai's doesn't.

The Acura logo is actually designed to look like a pair of calipers inside an oval.

"We do know that Honda wanted its logo to reflect trustworthiness, reliability, and durability—and the wide/thick lettering reflects that. The “H” is broader at the top and narrower at the bottom, as if its arms are raised toward the sky—a fitting stance considering the company’s belief in reaching for one’s dreams (the official motto being “The Power of Dreams”)."
    Last edited by allegro; 06-19-2016 at 08:07 PM.