Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Black Light Burns

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    whoa, what? i know there's a "clean" version out there, but i didn't think it was all of them.

i will check when i have a chance and let you know. my digital copy doesn't edit out any language, though, so let me know if you want me to dropbox it to you.
    that would be beyond helpful, honestly I'd just given up after a couple of years after every version I downloaded from everywhere had edited language.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    At the time, Wes said this: "Dear Europe, it seems we just keep blowing it with you. First the album doesn't come out for a year, then our summer festival dates get rickety, and finally the worst thing ever happens: A person who will remain unnamed that works for our label sent the Wal-Mart version [Wal-Mart is a chain of conservative corporate stores in the U.S. that only carries albums which have had all profanity removed] of our master to Edel (our record label in Europe). That version has all of the cuss words censored, and that's what you've been hearing if you bought the album in Europe. I cannot begin to fathom how a mistake like this could have slipped through so many fingers unnoticed, but somehow it has and I am as disgusted and disappointed by it as you must be. After discussing several solutions, the one that has come to make the most sense is to create a special website for the people who bought the European version of the record. Once the site is launched, in the very near future, you'll be able to download high-quality versions of the songs on 'Cruel Melody' that were censored. Please accept our sincere apologies and know that you shouldn't have to be dealing with a mistake like this. It is absolutely the most incredible blunder I've ever seen in my life, and had someone thought to actually send me the record to approve before it went out, none of this would have happened. I continue to be more angry than I've ever been in my life about this. Every day the state of my mind has actually gotten worse instead of getting better, and when I allow myself to think about it for more than a few seconds, it makes me want to go on a killing spree. I know that our solution doesn't make up for what's been done, but hopefully it will soften the blow and you will let us off the hook. Nothing like this will EVER HAPPEN AGAIN. I'm so sorry, the site is coming soon. Thanks for your support."

Now, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon, and it was edited. I also purchased a copy from iTunes at the time, and it was edited. Mind you I live in the US and have never lived anywhere else nor do I use proxy European sites to purchase music. If the issue was fixed, it was never announced as such, and I've always been kinda disappointed, despite having continued to purchase all BLB releases after. I've downloaded numerous torrents and it's always the edited version.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, shit. That explains a lot.

Now I wanna listen to the original version of "The Moment You Realize..." again, which I always preferred to the one we got on the album. I wonder how BLBLP 3 is coming along, too...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    that would be beyond helpful, honestly I'd just given up after a couple of years after every version I downloaded from everywhere had edited language.
    should be able to take care of it for you in the morning! look out for a message in your inbox.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has anyone listened to Queen Kwong's newest masterpiece ("Love Me To Death")? Wes has some truly great moments on this record and the tunes are wide ranging. There are super-aggressive moments like on the title track and Prehistoric Blues, then there is introspective/organ-based material sprinkled throughout. And what Carre lacks in vocal range, she makes up for with passion/lyrics/attitude. Love this band; can't wait to see them live again.

PS- The only song that I don't like is Sun Of Life. Seems like a pointless and ineffective way to end the album. It doesn't really go anywhere and acts as a comedown.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Has anyone listened to Queen Kwong's newest masterpiece ("Love Me To Death")? Wes has some truly great moments on this record and the tunes are wide ranging. There are super-aggressive moments like on the title track and Prehistoric Blues, then there is introspective/organ-based material sprinkled throughout. And what Carre lacks in vocal range, she makes up for with passion/lyrics/attitude. Love this band; can't wait to see them live again.

PS- The only song that I don't like is Sun Of Life. Seems like a pointless and ineffective way to end the album. It doesn't really go anywhere and acts as a comedown.
    i agreed with you up until your PS, because that's my favorite song on the album, and was a surprising closer. i loved it!

i posted a picture of my vinyl copy over in the vinyl collectors thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i agreed with you up until your PS, because that's my favorite song on the album, and was a surprising closer. i loved it!

i posted a picture of my vinyl copy over in the vinyl collectors thread
    Sweet vinyl! I bought the album on iTunes like a lazy bastard. Perhaps Sun Of Life will grow on me over time. I remember having huge arguments on ETS back in like 2006/2007 about the Deftones song Riviere (off Saturday Night Wrist). I still can't understand why people loved it so much, especially as a closer to that album. Different strokes for different folks I suppose..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Sweet vinyl! I bought the album on iTunes like a lazy bastard. Perhaps Sun Of Life will grow on me over time. I remember having huge arguments on ETS back in like 2006/2007 about the Deftones song Riviere (off Saturday Night Wrist). I still can't understand why people loved it so much, especially as a closer to that album. Different strokes for different folks I suppose..
    oh, no, i agree with you on that. it's not a BAD song, but it doesn't make sense as the end of that album. i still think "beware" should have been the closer.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    BTW did anyone get the new Big Dumb Face album? I heard it was meant to be "heavier" than Duke Lion (which I LOVE).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    BTW did anyone get the new Big Dumb Face album? I heard it was meant to be "heavier" than Duke Lion (which I LOVE).
    it's heavier but also even more ridiculous. i listened to it on spotify the day it came out. i don't think i'll listen to it again, but it was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    It's fantastic. And he says he's working on a Christmas album, coming this Black Friday.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    It's fantastic. And he says he's working on a Christmas album, coming this Black Friday.
    that's coming out under Wes Borland though, right? a la Crystal Machete (which i listened to today for the first time in a while and is still fucking brilliant).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that's coming out under Wes Borland though, right? a la Crystal Machete (which i listened to today for the first time in a while and is still fucking brilliant).
    He's working on the Crystal Machete sequel under his own name, and some project with Travis Barker. But he did post on Instagram about a month ago that the BDF Christmas album will be out in November.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Surprised this wasn't posted, but I found out today that he put out a new EP "Matadors & Daughters" last month. Not sure about physical releases, but it's on iTunes and Spotify, and damn I like it. Super excited for Astral Hand.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Had no idea. Gonna check that
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Surprised this wasn't posted, but I found out today that he put out a new EP "Matadors & Daughters" last month. Not sure about physical releases, but it's on iTunes and Spotify, and damn I like it. Super excited for Astral Hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Wes posted on Instagram that those tracks will be on the Astral Hand digital versions, but not the vinyl version.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Got my hopes up and thought there was a new BLB EP. Then realised that I had never heard his solo work before. Bought the LP and EP on a whim.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I think Wes posted on Instagram that those tracks will be on the Astral Hand digital versions, but not the vinyl version.
    technically it's a "single" and the two tracks will be on both the vinyl & digital versions of the full-length album, but the single itself will not get a physical release. that's what wes said on instagram to every single person who asked him about it over and over haha.

no word yet on when we can pre-order the vinyl of Astral Hand, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a 2009 version of 'The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall' in MP3? All I can find is YouTube videos that have that track in relatively poor quality.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper A.D. View Post
    Does anyone have a 2009 version of 'The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall' in MP3? All I can find is YouTube videos that have that track in relatively poor quality.
    once I'm home I will go and check but I'm rather sure I have a mp3 of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wes posted on instagram that he’s working on getting the abandoned Eat The Day record out sometime soon. Instrumentals only.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    wes was at cold waves on sunday night, i was sitting upstairs at the metro watching him shoot the shit with a couple people. didn't want to bug him to say anything, but he's a) shorter than i realized and b) seems like a super nice dude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wes posted on instagram that he’s working on getting the abandoned Eat The Day record out sometime soon. Instrumentals only.
    I’d like to hear updated versions of those. I loved the songs that he put out back in my youth.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    These Eat The Day demos are great. Makes you think how much better they could have been if finished.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper A.D. View Post
    A shit, totally forgot to get back to you. Do you still want it? It's a 5mb mp3 clocking in at 8:24 minutes... the best I have.

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    These Eat The Day demos are great. Makes you think how much better they could have been if finished.
    The new as of yet unreleased ones really add a new layer to what this band could have been. And I really love how much of Danny Elfmann and Primus oozes from the ones we knew. A truly nice gem to be released properly so many years later. Wes was 27 back then... I'm 31 now. Shit!

I asked this in another threat already, but are some people over here from the old Eat the Day message board? I had a great time there and gathered some cool "pen pals" back then as well as chatting with Wes and his brother. Sweet memories! And I have to be thankful for all the cool and new music that I learned about during that time, the Icarus Line and of course NIN.
    Last edited by dlb; 04-15-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is awesome news! Just the other day I was wondering when/if something more was going to come from this project.

While I'm thinking about it, anybody got a lead one of those Order of the Black Light books that seem to have completely disappeared...?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    According to discogs they sell rather cheap these days, but then again, it's been two years since the last one was ordered there. Would love to have one of those:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Light-...elease/3896946

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    This is awesome news! Just the other day I was wondering when/if something more was going to come from this project.

While I'm thinking about it, anybody got a lead one of those Order of the Black Light books that seem to have completely disappeared...?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    According to discogs they sell rather cheap these days, but then again, it's been two years since the last one was ordered there. Would love to have one of those:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Light-...elease/3896946
    i think i'm the last person who ordered one (yup, just checked) and it came in the unplayed and nearly perfect condition they described. not sure why it's listed as a "picture disc" because they're just CDs (and a DVD) with printing on top...like all CDs.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Wes said he's also going to release GoatSlayer recordings shortly