Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive Attack

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I gave up on waiting for Chicago and managed to instantly get Washington DC. AHHHHHH FUCK. I can not fucking wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my DC tix!!! It’s actually been 20 years since I have seen them live. Last time was the 9:30 club in ‘98!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I got my tickets, but Jesus that was a harrowing experience.

I was waiting there ready to order the second they went on sale, but when it came time to order the site started freaking out, I guess cause they were getting slammed. When it finally started working again after about a minute, it said "No Tickets Available." So I thought I'd missed out, and I was more or less was ready to begin crying my ass off. But I saw that the Palace Theater twitter account said to keep hitting refresh, so I did, and I managed grabbed two floor tickets that came available. Man, when I saw those tickets available, I swear I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my fucking chest.

But anyway, I got my fucking tickets. Thank god. I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got 2 tickets to the Boston show. A few rows behind where our NIN seats were. This will be our 2nd time seeing them.

Anyone catch that the Mezzanine remaster is delayed now until January?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Scored 2 tix for 2nd L.A. show, woo!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i started my new job on thursday and completely forgot about the presale (and the regular sale yesterday) so i guess i'm missing this

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i started my new job on thursday and completely forgot about the presale (and the regular sale yesterday) so i guess i'm missing this
    I didn't realize it was already sold out. Hopefully more tickets will pop up again. I thought I was doing Chicago, but I was able to score 2nd row for Detroit so my partner and I decided that was probably good enough. Plus, Hælos is touring around that same time and will involve us either going to Chicago or DC, so yeah. Absolutely love them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's the worst. I was busy at work and didn't remember the presale until 5 minutes after it started, and had already missed out. Hopefully something opens up closer to the show! If you're insane like me and don't have a problem driving halfway across the country for a show, tickets are still available for Washington DC at least? But then again, I'm the kind of person who buys tickets before I even know how I'm getting there, heh.

Unrelated - If I recall, the special edition vinyl was sold out before, and seems to be available now. So as much as I don't want to pay that price tag, maybe now I can actually get a copy in the next month or so.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first show of the Mezzanine anniversary tour looked to be sufficiently bonkers.

Sigh...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    damn March Madness is going to probably prevent me from being able to attend their shows here.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Eh. Pretty unimpressed with that setlist. 5 random covers in a 15-song show? I could live with Horace's track since he's pretty much a member, but the rest were unnecessary IMO.
    Last edited by fillow; 01-30-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw this last night in Manchester. It was awesome, but the covers were a little strange, I guess it's what they were influenced by at the time of making the record? Nevertheless, Dissolved Girl was fantastic, although the vocals were a backing track. Man Next Door was fantastic and the Liz Fraser songs were spellbinding, I know she rarely performs these days so it was special to get her singing. The visuals were very political, very striking and lots of food for thought.

Overall a good night, but I would've preferred they axed the covers and played an encore of a couple of originals.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    According to the band those covers are songs they sampled or drew inspiration from when making Mezzanine.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    According to the band those covers are songs they sampled or drew inspiration from when making Mezzanine.
    What I’m really curious to find out is how much the setlist changes from night to night. I’m excited either way, though, because this’ll be my first time finally getting to see them play. Just realized this is also going to be the furthest I’ve traveled to see a live show, hah. At least I can take a few extra days to see DC, I haven’t been there in years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    What I’m really curious to find out is how much the setlist changes from night to night. I’m excited either way, though, because this’ll be my first time finally getting to see them play. Just realized this is also going to be the furthest I’ve traveled to see a live show, hah. At least I can take a few extra days to see DC, I haven’t been there in years.
    Seeing them in DC too! Saw them last in 1998 at the 9:30 club for the original Mezzanine Tour.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i am so, so sad i didn't get a ticket for chicago

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    i am so, so sad i didn't get a ticket for chicago
    Not gonna lie, if I happen across a ticket on the secondary market between now and the show date, there’s a chance I’ll take it and just drive to Chicago and back the same day just for the show. Would not be the first time I’ve done this for Chicago. ^^’ I have a problem.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Anyone who was there yet and can spill some details about the merch? Going on Tuesday and will post a pic if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Been to the show yesterday. Great performance overall. They threw in a cover of Spoiler: Bela Lugosi's Dead.

I think, I liked the performances of Mezzanine, Group Four and Risingson the most. The visuals were great - still thinking about some of the stuff. Also, it was great to see Liz Fraser sing.

Those fucking smartphones, though. Really put me off during Teardrop.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's been a week since I went and the cover of Where Have All The Flowers Gone still haunts me, alongside those visuals. I learnt that the first night in Glasgow had uncensored images of real fucked up shit that they pixellated in Manchester. Haunting stuff that left an impression.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Heard a couple of negative reviews and didn't know what to make of them until yesterday... something just felt off as I have never enjoyed a show more while disliking a lot of elements. The visuals just didn't click with me although they are very similar to their usual show. The band sounded great and tight but I just didn't like my fourth MA show... sadly.

Some of the cover versions sounded great but I was very much reminded of the Tricky show I saw a couple of years back where did some 1:1 covers aswell that felt rather akward in context.

Merch was very limited, mostly prints and some shirts. The usual.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So I tried to compile a CD with post-Heligoland material that would make for a cohesive listen in album length and this is what I came up with:

1. Dead Editors (w/ Roots Manuva)
    2. Ritual Spirit (w/ Azekel)
    3. Voodoo In My Blood (w/ Young Fathers)
    4. Take It There (w/ Tricky)
    5. WPIC (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    6. The Spoils (w/ Hope Sandoval)
    7. Come Near Me (w/ Ghostpoet)
    8. Watching You (Extended RMX) (w/ Jean-Michel Jarre)
    9. He Says He Needs Me (w/ Young Fathers)
    10. Mad Lifeline (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    11. For Nothing (w/ Lyndsey Lupe)
    12. Dear Friend (w/ James Massiah)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wait, they've got so much stuff released? Or is it including new live-only tracks? I only knew they had 4-track EP and The Spoils/Come Near Me single

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I tried to compile a CD with post-Heligoland material that would make for a cohesive listen in album length and this is what I came up with:

1. Dead Editors (w/ Roots Manuva)
    2. Ritual Spirit (w/ Azekel)
    3. Voodoo In My Blood (w/ Young Fathers)
    4. Take It There (w/ Tricky)
    5. WPIC (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    6. The Spoils (w/ Hope Sandoval)
    7. Come Near Me (w/ Ghostpoet)
    8. Watching You (Extended RMX) (w/ Jean-Michel Jarre)
    9. He Says He Needs Me (w/ Young Fathers)
    10. Mad Lifeline (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    11. For Nothing (w/ Lyndsey Lupe)
    12. Dear Friend (w/ James Massiah)
    looks like i am missing some here, seems they are mostly 3D remixes tho, that's not all massive attack proper (if that means anything anyways...)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    nice cover version of "10:15 Saturday Night" from recent show up on youtube

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    looks like i am missing some here, seems they are mostly 3D remixes tho, that's not all massive attack proper (if that means anything anyways...)
    Yeah, most of it is 3D produced stuff. Then again, the whole Ritual Spirit EP seems to be produced by 3D and Euan Dickinson respectively, while the Spoils one is by Grant and his co-producer. 100th Window was 3D and Neil Davidge with no involvement of G at all. So...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, most of it is 3D produced stuff. Then again, the whole Ritual Spirit EP seems to be produced by 3D and Euan Dickinson respectively, while the Spoils one is by Grant and his co-producer. 100th Window was 3D and Neil Davidge with no involvement of G at all. So...
    absolutely right, after mezzanine it's been mostly 3D, i just try to separate originals and remixes
    I didn't realize it was 3D with Euan on the obia ep tho so this one is quite legitimately a massive attack track

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wonder if we'll ever get the Daddy G produced follow up EP to Ritual Spirit...being a MA fan sure is testing at times.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever get the Daddy G produced follow up EP to Ritual Spirit...being a MA fan sure is testing at times.
    I know it's categorized as a single, but the impression I got from The Spoils is THAT was the follow up to Ritual Spirit. Both songs are produced by G - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spoils_(song)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    absolutely right, after mezzanine it's been mostly 3D, i just try to separate originals and remixes
    I didn't realize it was 3D with Euan on the obia ep tho so this one is quite legitimately a massive attack track
    The only remix in my sequence is the one with Jean-Michel-Jarre. Everything else is original material with Adebimpe's songs being covers.