WO vinyl is great; I love all the artwork that comes with it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    WO vinyl is great; I love all the artwork that comes with it

agreed! i really hope sheridan will be involved w/ future htda projects

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Here's my WO album that I posted here at the time, I think, but man, what camera was I using? looks awful

https://imgur.com/a/Aadge

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally picked up "Plays Metallica By Four Cellos" by Apocalyptica... weird to have it factory sealed still from 1996 but there we go.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    gonna be posting in here a lot because i have a huge backlog of stuff i've recently acquired.

now playing :

spylacopa - spylacopa redux EP
    purple / fuscia vinyl, limited to 150 copies; total run of all three colors limited to 500
    #68, signed by john lamacchia
    definitely one of my favorite things involving greg puciato (until the black queen showed up)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    spylacopa - spylacopa redux EP
    purple / fuscia vinyl, limited to 150 copies; total run of all three colors limited to 500
    #68, signed by john lamacchia
    definitely one of my favorite things involving greg puciato (until the black queen showed up)
    I had no idea this was out on vinyl now. I love this EP. Just ordered it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    now playing :

mike patton - the place beyond the pines original score
    picked this up a month or two ago from my local record store. in pretty good shape for how cheap it was.
    definitely like the score better than the movie (which was beautiful to look at but hard to watch, at times...i don't always do well with these sorts of films).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

three albums by The Whispers, gifted to me by my wife for v-day. we listened to two of them on saturday, one yesterday.

bohren & der club of gore - black earth
    2xLP on black vinyl
    played yesterday

grails - chalice hymnal
    2xLP on transparent yellow w/brown marble, + bonus purple 7", 11x22" poster, and guitar picks (wish there were more than two)
    definitely the best grails album so far, absolutely fantastic

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Grabbed "Deadpool Reloaded" and an original 1991 UK classical pressing of "The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld" (mainly bought because the latest Universal pressing wrecks the song flow... but it sounds fan-fucking-tastic).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    both played last night:

bohren & der club of gore - geisterfaust 2xLP
    definitely their slowest album. absolutely gorgeous.

drab majesty - the demonstration
    i can not express how much i love this album (i also can't stop listening to it). it is so beautiful, so perfect, and so well put-together (and i felt that way before i even realized it was produced by josh eustis).
    it's also super inspiring me to make more music in this vein and to find a way to play it live. unfortunately, i can't sing, so it'll have to be at least a two-person project. : /

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Finally decided to get a Jane Doe reissue and grabbed the 180g. Sounds so good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    both played tonight:

king woman - created in the image of suffering
    absolutely brutal and beautiful

junius - eternal rituals for the accretion of light
    dark red/black swirl, limited to 200 copies
    die cut gatefold cover, lyric booklet
    this band has such incredible forward momentum. they're so consistent and yet never repetitive.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Bought; not shipped...

"Man Vs. Sofa" by Sherwood & Pinch (bought because I really enjoyed "Late Night Endless")
    "Akabu Theme (raw dub + trevor jackson bonus beats)" by Akabu (bought to complete that "Trevor Jackson Presents: Science Fiction Dancehall Classics" compilation)
    "Warzone" by The Missing Brazilians (bought because I really enjoyed the track "Ace Of Wands" from that "Trevor Jackson Presents: Science Fiction Dancehall Classics" compilation)
    "Broken (2017 DE)" by, uh... gee, I forget. (bought to compare against the original vinyl I have)
    "The Downward Spiral (2017 DE)" by same as above (bought to replace that Universal Back-To-Black release because of the track flow and to give money over to who it really should go to)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Bought; not shipped...

"Man Vs. Sofa" by Sherwood & Pinch (bought because I really enjoyed "Late Night Endless")
    "Akabu Theme (raw dub + trevor jackson bonus beats)" by Akabu (bought to complete that "Trevor Jackson Presents: Science Fiction Dancehall Classics" compilation)
    "Warzone" by The Missing Brazilians (bought because I really enjoyed the track "Ace Of Wands" from that "Trevor Jackson Presents: Science Fiction Dancehall Classics" compilation)
    "Broken (2017 DE)" by, uh... gee, I forget. (bought to compare against the original vinyl I have)
    "The Downward Spiral (2017 DE)" by same as above (bought to replace that Universal Back-To-Black release because of the track flow and to give money over to who it really should go to)
    there hasn't been any kind of confirmation as to whether or not the track segues have been fixed on TDS. from what we know, trent specifically stated that the digital files that came with the purchase are exactly what they sent to the pressing plant, and the side-separated tracks aren't separated in the digital files, so i'm worried it's going to be the same issue (to be fair, it was also like that on the original promo release, which i used to have).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Which is fair enough, I am hoping though... and if not, well... then I just spend the cash on an original. What the hell, right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Did anyone pick up the Terminator 2 remastered soundtrack?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ...and because I was able to get out the house today;

"Homework" (2014 reissue) by Daft Punk (never owned previously... figured what the hell) (edited: this pressing has mastering issues... sounds like some CD stuttering ((checked against Youtube rip)) when there really shouldn't be any, which is a shame, because the pressing itself is rather nice... AVOID)
    "Pacific" (2016 180g reissue) by 808 State (liked the song from the "It's All Gone Pete Tong" soundtrack and was curious about remixes)
    "Sound Of The Universe - Record B" by various
    "The Minimal Wave Tapes Volume 2" by various
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-04-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i spent the majority of the day cleaning and rearranging furniture. i put almost all of my CDs from tall ikea towers into a different piece of furniture (still utilizing two of the towers because i couldn't fit all the CDs in the other thing) and they're all in the dining room now. which meant that i was able to move one of my kallax pieces filled with records into the living room so all of my records are now together. it's easier to explain with pictures but i haven't taken any. i'm just glad we did it and that all of my records are together, out of the room with the litterbox (yes, we have a litterbox in our dining room and it's awful).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Additions:

Grouper - Ruins (LE)
    VA - The Microcosm: 1970-1986
    Xiu Xiu - There Is No Right There Is No Wrong (clear), and Forget (pink/blue)
    Sons Of Magdalene - Move To Pain
    Mica Levi - Jackie
    F Ingers - Hide Before Dinner
    Turinn - 18 1/2 Minute Gaps (brown)
    Raime - Notion (clear)
    Solange - True EP
    Visible Cloaks - Reassemblage
    VA - Outro Tempo: 1978-1992
    Atticus & Leopold Ross, And Bobby Krilic - Almost Holy (LE)
    Elliott Smith - Either/Or (buttercream)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

pretty much all my records together in one room (under my newly hung NTAE prints) makes me so happy

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    At the Deafheaven show Friday night I wanted the convenience to buy every album and the demo on vinyl but opted out since I didn't wanna carry it/hold it with me. I thought the merch table would be closed by time the show was over so I didn't think of it afterwards. Then when the show ended it was open but had a fuck ton of people there. I said screw it and to support the band like I should've I'll just buy them on their website. Sooooo I did..

I just bought most of Deafheaven's shit on vinyl.

Demo
    Sunbather
    New Bermuda

When I get paid next week I'll buy Roads To Judah. I wonder how it'll all sound on vinyl rather than the CDs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    At the Deafheaven show Friday night I wanted the convenience to buy every album and the demo on vinyl but opted out since I didn't wanna carry it/hold it with me. I thought the merch table would be closed by time the show was over so I didn't think of it afterwards. Then when the show ended it was open but had a fuck ton of people there. I said screw it and to support the band like I should've I'll just buy them on their website. Sooooo I did..

I just bought most of Deafheaven's shit on vinyl.

Demo
    Sunbather
    New Bermuda

When I get paid next week I'll buy Roads To Judah. I wonder how it'll all sound on vinyl rather than the CDs.
    i love roads to judah & sunbather, still don't like new bermuda. i haven't actually listened to demo. i can tell you that vinyl suits the music very well. i feel that way about any metal that's mixed well...vinyl is great because it forces them to leave in dynamics that might not be there in the digital versions.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i love roads to judah & sunbather, still don't like new bermuda. i haven't actually listened to demo. i can tell you that vinyl suits the music very well. i feel that way about any metal that's mixed well...vinyl is great because it forces them to leave in dynamics that might not be there in the digital versions.
    What is is about New Bermuda you don't like? I love it, sometimes it hits the spot more than Sunbather does. I still crave new music by them. 26 tracks in their entire catalog (according to my iTunes) isn't enough haha.

Haven't heard the actual Demo or the vinyl remaster?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What is is about New Bermuda you don't like? I love it, sometimes it hits the spot more than Sunbather does. I still crave new music by them. 26 tracks in their entire catalog (according to my iTunes) isn't enough haha.

He prefers old bermuda.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Most recent additions:

Aphex Twin - Syro
    Audessey & aCatCalledFRITZ - Beats Per Minute
    Cavanaugh - Time and Materials
    Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker
    Dangerdoom - The Mouse and the Mask (Deluxe Edition)

I also preordered the limited edition version of Childish Gambino's most recent album. That should be a cool one to have.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 03-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i don't know...i just don't connect with it emotionally at all. i find it kind of boring? i was really excited after hearing the song that adult swim put out before the album, but then the album came out and just fell flat for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i don't know...i just don't connect with it emotionally at all. i find it kind of boring? i was really excited after hearing the song that adult swim put out before the album, but then the album came out and just fell flat for me.
    I see, well hopefully the next does better for you. I quite enjoy it and I agree on "From the Kettle Onto the Coil" statement. I love that song. It's my favorite and how I got into them in the first place.

If if you hadn't checked out the Demo do so, it's probably up your alley. Libertine Dissolves is great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    dropped the cash on an "I'm Afraid Of Americans" 12"...

to me, it does sound better than the CD.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm awaiting 2 records to come in the mail but is taking photos and uploading an album on imgur something I should do to show off what all I got or nah? Like is it worth it haha?