Page 25 of 195 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Vintage DEVO:

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-04-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's a good system to get for 500? Any advice? Thanks, I'm missing out

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Came across Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here at a yard sale for five bucks! I thought for sure I was dreaming. It has some obvious wear but plays almost perfectly.

I also received Primus' Sailing The Seas Of Cheese and Deafheaven's Sunbather in the mail last week. I might post some pictures soon.

EDIT: Stopped by Love Garden Sounds in Lawrence awhile back, and picked up Converge's All We Love We Leave Behind. So fucking killer! Jacob's artwork is stellar as well.
    Last edited by Soma; 10-10-2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Didn't want to make a new post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's my collection. i'll post a picture later.

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=lamous

key pieces: original first-pressing low-numbered mellon collie and the infinite sadness, all the early mars volta records, original pressings of the downward spiral and the fragile​ and all the rare pearl jam records.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been cleaning my mother's apartment and came across her record collection. She hasn't had a turn table in years, but has a few hundred records, mostly from 1965-1985. She gave me permission to sell them for her. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a large collection like that appraised?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    I've been cleaning my mother's apartment and came across her record collection. She hasn't had a turn table in years, but has a few hundred records, mostly from 1965-1985. She gave me permission to sell them for her. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a large collection like that appraised?
    does she have any joy division, new order, wire, bauhaus, magazine, or gary numan? because i'd be interested in all of those things...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    not an easy question to answer, really...

if it's a few hundred records, and if they're all in pretty good shape, you might be better off selling them online or at a record store as a lot instead of cherry picking them and selling ones individually. unless, of course, there's a $100+ record in there among a bunch of dollar bin babies- which in that case i'd sell that one record on ebay and ditch the rest at a local record store.

if you have time and want to do this right: take the collection, make a list, and grade each record's sleeve and disc. take a look at the label/pressing info by comparing it to discogs listings. be as accurate as possible as things like condition and even pressing and country origin matter when determining their worth. then, look on popsike.com to see if that particular record sold for more than $20 (they automatically save all LP listings that are over a certain amount). if not on popsike, the record is probably worth only a few bucks. if the majority of the collection is cheap-o records, then just sell them on craigslist or dump them off at a used record store and take what they give you.

i mean, that is if you want to do this properly. if you don't have the time or can't be bothered, then skip all the above and dump it off on craigslist/used record store and hope for the best... but if there are some real rarities in there, you might not get the full worth of the collection by going that route.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i finally have every available halo on vinyl (other than the perfect drug, which i want, and year zero remixed, which i don’t even care about at all). yay!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    nice! i have this bizarre version of broken that doesn't have pinion or help me i'm in hell, yet is a single LP with 'physical/suck' at the end of side b. i can't be arsed to ordery a second copy to get the full experience, but i'm sure i'd pick that up if i ever found it...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    nice! i have this bizarre version of broken that doesn't have pinion or help me i'm in hell, yet is a single LP with 'physical/suck' at the end of side b. i can't be arsed to ordery a second copy to get the full experience, but i'm sure i'd pick that up if i ever found it...
    don't know if you saw over in the marketplace, but a week or two ago, i received the (separately purchased) french 7" promo of physical b/w suck, which is technically NOT the right version of the 7" that goes with this. however, i still technically own the whole album on vinyl, so i'm not going to stress myself (or my wallet) to correct this error. :: shrug ::

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

just received this in the mail today. 7" with etched side B #0723

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i understand when my cat, who has bladder/kidney/thyroid/emotional issues, pees on the floor. i really do. and i don't even care that much, because it's easy to clean.

but when she pees ALL OVER MY 10" RECORDS, it is NOT OK.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Pretty nice white 7'' Vinyl...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So I came across this today for $200 (O_O).....bought it immediately....

Sent from my LTE powered GS4!
    Awesome find. I always wanted that on vinyl.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Arrivals:

Crystal Castles (I)
    Beck - Gimme
    SURVIVE - W115/Part Tiger
    Crystal Castles (II)
    Arcade Fire - The Reflecktor (Single)
    Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
    The Dead Weather - Horehound
    Washed Out - Paracosm

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    These came almost a month before the suppose release date of November 11th, I guess they changed the release date to october 21. Now waiting on the ep package
    Last edited by Rdm; 10-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was thinking about getting all of them, but i don't really have the money right now, so i just got geogaddi.

did you get the bundle with the print?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I did get it. I also got the three others eps

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    haven't opened it yet. Soon

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest arrival:

daughters - hell songs on white 180g

also ordered the reissue of their s/t album but it hasn't come yet.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    newest arrival:

daughters - hell songs on white 180g

also ordered the reissue of their s/t album but it hasn't come yet.
    Oh my god, white reissue?! Where did you get this!? I need this!!

I recently picked this up at my local record store. I'm pretty pumped.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Oh my god, white reissue?! Where did you get this!? I need this!!
    no, the Hell Songs pressing is original. got it from a guy on discogs who had only opened it to verify color. only $20. there are others on there (different colors) all around the same price.

the s/t album is getting repressed by hydra head in clear & black, 180g. $19 + shipping.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    New addition

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new additions

aeges/dust moth "bad blood" split 7” vinyl with crime scene investigation kit for test pressing contest. i love the mylene sheath (record label) so much.

new pelican album on 2x12" white vinyl.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Just a heads up, Music On Vinyl has repressed Earthling and Heathen on limited edition colored vinyl. I'm not 100% sure about heathen, but EArthling received two limited pressings out of 2500 each; one being green (1st press) and blue (2nd press).

I managed to snag a green pressing on Amazon and got #1678 - $34 shipped to my door on Halloween! Sure beats paying the prices that the original pressing was going for.....

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    thanks to yr instagram photos, i just ordered both earthling and heathen!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

The quality in the jacket is amazing. Nice high gloss hard stock and the vinyl itself is clean. My only complaint is the way it opens up. I'll snap some better photos when I get home....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Ok, here are some additional photos better jump on these while you can, the prices on eBay are already doubled and most likely will continue to climb....

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I preordered Soundgarden's Screaming Life/Fopp. So excited.

http://www.subpop.com/releases/sound...p_2013_reissue

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    made my way through some of my backlog of records today. been having lots of emotions.

aeges / dust moth 7" split: excellent, though the dust moth song is way better than the aeges song
    daughters - hell songs: one of my favorite albums of all time, totally different experience on vinyl
    pelican - forever becoming: i'm so glad i'm still into this band (and have been for 10 years) because they are still fucking amazing
    russian circles - memorial: absolutely the best thing they've ever done...i've been covered in goosebumps almost my whole listen through (finishing up side b right now)