Page 180 of 195 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    If anyone can snag me a copy of the Foo Fighters LP I would greatly appreciate it. I have only one record shop in my town and they only got 3 copies.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Managed to score Green Jelly 333 and St Vincent Piggy/Sad But True at RSD today. All I was after really. Pretty happy about it.
    both things I wanted and both things they didn't have. ah well, I grabbed The Matrix (which I was surprised they had) and the Foo Fighters album. kind of wanted the Gorillaz box. Like, if they had it I would have bought it but also with only 950 of them I was resigned to not getting it either.

The line for the record store was about 4 - 5 blocks long and we were there from 7:30 to about 10:30 walking out the door with purchases.

I was really surprised the Black Sabbath wasn't in the store, but now that I see the only store that had it as a RSD release was in Great Britain I guess that explains that. Are there regional differences in releases like that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Snagged the Gorillaz box on discogs for $200. Pretty shitty there's nothing special about it and it doesn't include The Fall. Really just a box set for lazy people who don't want to buy the albums separately (like clearly myself). Now I've got an extra copy of The Now Now to sell...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    really? I saw in one place that each album has extra tracks on it. that sucks.

Statistics
    • Have: 209
    • Want: 76
    that's a wild ratio.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-17-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    If anyone can snag me a copy of the Foo Fighters LP I would greatly appreciate it. I have only one record shop in my town and they only got 3 copies.
    https://www.roughtrade.com/us/dee-ge...ers/hail-satan

For sale online in about 40 min.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    went to the Plaid Room Records website at 8pm EST to see what they had left and there were three copies of the St. Vincent release. by the time I had got to checkout all three were gone.

balls.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What Makes Record Store Day Releases an Investment Opportunity?

I don't think that this is the key takeaway from what RSD is supposed to be but then again consider the source.

Also if this is what the key takeaway is, please let me know. I thought it was about supporting your local record stores hence the "only available in-store" aspect of it. If I wanted to find one of the six available Boards of Canada vinyl releases I sure as shit wouldn't find it in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Missed out on the St. Vincent 7" as well. Also had Add N to (X) and Lindsey Stirling in my cart but both were gone by the time I entered in CC info. Balls indeed.

edit - maybe spent more than I should've on ebay last night, but I was able to get the St.V 7"
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 07-19-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What Makes Record Store Day Releases an Investment Opportunity?

I don't think that this is the key takeaway from what RSD is supposed to be but then again consider the source.

Also if this is what the key takeaway is, please let me know. I thought it was about supporting your local record stores hence the "only available in-store" aspect of it. If I wanted to find one of the six available Boards of Canada vinyl releases I sure as shit wouldn't find it in Vancouver.
    I mean, it's a double edged sword. While it's masked as being a way to support your local record store, it's really just a way for record labels to hop in with reissues that are way way over priced and we all know it. But we all eat it up because some labels pay attention and actually release stuff that people want. But most ends up being dumb reissues for shit most wouldn't want. But after going to record store day every year since the first one, I'd say that underneath the corporatization of the whole day, it still ends up being a day about supporting local record stores. Every year the people who are only interested in scoring the limited shit for investment/resale reasons get in, get out and then the rest of the day is just tons of music fans coming in and buying music regardless of the RSD exclusives. And there are a lot of people who don't buy vinyl the way most of us in this thread do. A lot of people only really buy records on RSD, so it brings in people from rural areas, full families, out of towners, etc etc. And from my experiences, at least here in Kansas City, after the initial hour long rush of opening doors, it doesn't feel like it's just a day for people to scalp exclusive releases. My favorite local store thanks everyone every year after RSD saying the amount they made from that one day will pay the rent for the rest of the year. So honestly, regardless of any kind of corporatized investment culture within RSD, that's an amazing thing for a local business to say. Especially during a Pandemic year.

Just my take on it though.
    Last edited by richardp; 07-18-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    My turn!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's not for me, but I can't deny that it looks nice.

The guy should have proof read that sticker though!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    It's not for me, but I can't deny that it looks nice.

The guy should have proof read that sticker though!
    I kinda like it as it adds to the bootlegginess

in other news, I added these two to the collection!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My Only a Lad also showed up today. Also found a copy of the new Hesitation Marks so I've almost got them all. Just need the "Soon" releases to hurry the hell up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

https://gizmodo.com/new-superman-the...g-t-1847329869

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I already don't want it, that way I won't be disappointed when I don't get it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The pressing of Demon Days in the G Box has one of the weirdest pressing defects I've ever seen. It isn't audible, but there's this weird etched scribble on some of Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head. It's like they realized they started to etch the matrix in the wrong spot and just scribbled it out. It causes no audible issues during the track.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I'm still bummed I lost the auction for P-model's first album In A Model Room the other week, but of course the auction was set to end while I was at work. I love this band, but damn are the records hard to get for reasonable prices. Both these were $45 each and that's not including the $20 shipping. That's fairly reasonable when compared to another seller that was selling the album Potpourri for $150...
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 07-29-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I think I was a sophomore in high school when this compilation came out and couldn't get enough of the Goldfrapp remix. Found this sealed at a local record store. Couldn't pass up on it.

IMG_5484.png

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, I haven't been into collecting in years but now starting to get the itch again. My question is how are the U Turn audio players? Are they good or decent? Should I look at other brands?

I threw away my old (broken) one and haven't kept up with the scene in years. Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Uturn Orbit are good turntables and have really good customer service. The only negatives I have are there's no adjustable anti skating and the belt is a pain to switch from 45rpm to 33rpm. Tonearm feels a bit cheap as well, but I think it's a great turntable for getting into/getting back into records. Look around though, there might be something better at it's price range.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Uturn Orbit are good turntables and have really good customer service. The only negatives I have are there's no adjustable anti skating and the belt is a pain to switch from 45rpm to 33rpm. Tonearm feels a bit cheap as well, but I think it's a great turntable for getting into/getting back into records. Look around though, there might be something better at it's price range.
    Thanks! Appreciate it.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    My question is how are the U Turn audio players? Are they good or decent? Should I look at other brands?
    I just got one a few months ago. Can confirm, their customer service is excellent. My table kept locking into a groove and I sent it back to have them find a problem with some internal parts. Got it back in about a week.

I also agree that my biggest gripe is the belt going from 45 to 33 or reverse order. Just because of that I would have probably not gotten this table again. I would have just gotten a project audio or something similar. The Ortofon cartridges sound great though. I've never had a mid level table up to this point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this:

Anyone picking up the Black/White/Orange splatter versions from Sacred Bones?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My copy of Have A Nice Life's album Deathconsciousness came in today, and I was at work looking forward to coming home and listening to it. When I checked both discs on my turntable, they are so warped they're unplayable. I'm so disappointed. The Flenser are sold out, and I'm hoping that they were smart enough to keep some copies for replacements.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I just know that this darn thing will go to BandCamp when I'm busy and I'll miss out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm pretty stoked about this find:

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Recent additions (since February):

Get Up Kids - Eudora
    Prince - Prince
    Peter Gabriel - So
    Citizen - Life In Your Glass World
    Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits Vol II
    Blondie - Best of Blondie
    The Black Queen - Fever Daydream
    Sade - Best of Sade
    David Bowie - Nothing Has Changed
    Sade - Diamond Life
    Sade - Promise
    Elton John - Honky Chateau

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
    St Vincent - Daddy’s Home
    V/A - DC Comics Dark Nights: Death Metal
    Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
    V/A - Dazed & Confused
    Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I just know that this darn thing will go to BandCamp when I'm busy and I'll miss out.
    Not BandCamp but still I was busy and missed out on all of the variants.

Got a copy though so that's good. Also grabbed Elfman's "Scrooged" because that's a great soundtrack.