Page 158 of 195 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up the reissue of Lullabies to Paralyze by QOTSA today. It's awesome that Infinity, Like a Drug, and Precious and Grace are on the vinyl version. I'm so used to the original tracklist, it's pretty cool how they rearrange the flow a little bit! Definitely gonna pick up Songs for the Deaf next, can't wait to blast Song for the Dead super loud on my speakers!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Picked up the reissue of Lullabies to Paralyze by QOTSA today. It's awesome that Infinity, Like a Drug, and Precious and Grace are on the vinyl version. I'm so used to the original tracklist, it's pretty cool how they rearrange the flow a little bit! Definitely gonna pick up Songs for the Deaf next, can't wait to blast Song for the Dead super loud on my speakers!
    Those songs were on the OG vinyl too. They’re some of my favs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I still haven't seen an update to my shipping and they aren't responding to me regarding the support ticket I opened last week. I did see the Kickstarter post about how they ran out of shipping boxes though so I guess my original post wasn't too far off the mark: it hasn't even been packaged yet.

to compound issues I'm getting hum again from my front left speaker when I use the phono input. I've read that maybe it's interference from the receiver to the sensitivity of the needle. I probably need to rearrange things, get some of that rats nest of cables toned down.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    to compound issues I'm getting hum again from my front left speaker when I use the phono input. I've read that maybe it's interference from the receiver to the sensitivity of the needle. I probably need to rearrange things, get some of that rats nest of cables toned down.
    Check your headshell cables - make sure none of them are touching and that they'll all tightly fitted to the pins in the cart and the headshell (use a small set of needle-nose pliers to properly clamp them if need be).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I still haven't seen an update to my shipping and they aren't responding to me regarding the support ticket I opened last week. I did see the Kickstarter post about how they ran out of shipping boxes though so I guess my original post wasn't too far off the mark: it hasn't even been packaged yet.

it might also be the patch cord. does your turntable have rca jacks? or just a cable coming out from the housing? do you have a phono preamp? a ground wire? carefully wiggle all parts of your signal chain around a little and see if anything helps.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Being on such a NIN kick, I recently treated myself to With Teeth Definitive Edition. And while listening to The Background World, I got the strong urge to buy Add Violence on vinyl. So, I got that and the physical component.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Second platter of that "Smokers Delight" release... just wanted to post a glamour shot.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's pretty sweet. I'm not signing up for all that extra social media for it but it's still pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it might also be the patch cord. does your turntable have rca jacks? or just a cable coming out from the housing? do you have a phono preamp? a ground wire? carefully wiggle all parts of your signal chain around a little and see if anything helps.
    it's the weekend so I'm going to fiddle with this a bit. just don't have the bandwidth to go home and then deal with that as it's in the main entertainment center so it effectively kills everyone else's attempts to veg.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

My girlfriend gives the absolute best birthday presents. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone else been justifying spending more on vinyl by not spending anything on shows lately or just me?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Anyone else been justifying spending more on vinyl by not spending anything on shows lately or just me?
    i have only bought myself like...10 records since august (when i effectively left my job). when i started at starbucks in january, i was like "cool, i can buy a couple more records now!" and then quarantine hit, and i'm out of a job again, so i'm really glad i've been able to exercise some self control. but fuck, all i want to do is splurge on a bunch of stuff i've been wanting for a long time so that i have something to look forward to right now.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hey, does anyone else here own the RSD release of the Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack? If so, can you tell me if it's normal that the lenticular cover is upside-down:

I got it on Discogs this week since it was at a decent price (finally), but I can't find any non-sealed reference images to know for sure that this is a mispress.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Hey, does anyone else here own the RSD release of the Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack?
    This is what I've found from the RSD site

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yeah, all the promo images and the listings on other sites show the cover right-side up, I just didn't know if that's how it actually was supposed to be. Guess I didn't want to just assume I'd bought a mispress, but it kind of seems like I did.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Recent mail call!

SOFAD: Live has been one of my all time favorite live albums ever and I jumped at the opportunity to get a bootleg copy that is pressed on 180g wax (sounds fantastic!) for $42 shipped with ultrasonic cleaning!

Next up is my gold promo stamped 12" single for "Feel Like Jumping" by William Orbit. Got this bad boy on the bay for $1.10!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This showed up yesterday

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just picked up The Thing soundtrack vinyl reissue. I'm a sucker for blood splatter vinyl

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Sure, I haven't watched the High Fidelity series yet, but why let that get in way....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quarantine tunes! I figured I should pick up the Rammstein LPs since they're prices are starting to climb, especially Mutter (which is on its way still).

Finally organized my collection this morning and realized I have some holes in my gold promo stamped collection of U2 albums. Anyone have a promo copy of Joshua Tree by any chance?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got my bandcamp version of the Annihilation soundtrack yesterday, going to have to take a pic when it's not hectic at home.

Did not get my PUSA vinyl. Tracking still shows it as not shipped. They told me "it'll definitely be there by the end of the month!" on the 17th and unless media mail has a rocket option I don't know about that happening.

Also wasn't able to move my entertainment center around, it was too nice this weekend to stay inside so I worked in the garage/outside instead. It's supposed to be rainy and cold this weekend so I'm def going to have time for it. Maybe.

Probably.

Maybe.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Sure, I haven't watched the High Fidelity series yet, but why let that get in way....
    it's good, but not great. there are aspects of it that are really fun, aspects that are blatantly ripped off from the movie (that aren't in the book), and some parts that don't really work for me. but it was nice enough to watch that i plowed through it pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Got my bandcamp version of the Annihilation soundtrack yesterday, going to have to take a pic when it's not hectic at home.

Did not get my PUSA vinyl. Tracking still shows it as not shipped. They told me "it'll definitely be there by the end of the month!" on the 17th and unless media mail has a rocket option I don't know about that happening.

Also wasn't able to move my entertainment center around, it was too nice this weekend to stay inside so I worked in the garage/outside instead. It's supposed to be rainy and cold this weekend so I'm def going to have time for it. Maybe.

Probably.

Maybe.
    Have you seen what that PUSA vinyl is selling for on Discogs? Holy cow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have not. I hope that I get the signed version that I paid for, I've been seeing a lot of people on the kickstarter who aren't.

edit:

With the haves having so many more than the wants how are those prices justified? Maybe the "last sold" is the clue, since they are finally getting into (some) people's hands?

Statistics

Have: 1201
    Want: 318
    Avg Rating: 4.86 / 5
    Ratings: 57
    Last Sold: 07 May 20
    Lowest: $110.00
    Median: $172.99
    Highest: $235.98
    Last edited by allegate; 05-27-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @gorast I was actually listening to that the other day. I got that on the extras turntable lab had a few days after RSD. Loved that movie and thought the soundtrack was killer.
    @NotoriousTIMP Where did you pick up that bootleg? The vinyl version is way too expensive for my taste.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    @gorast I was actually listening to that the other day. I got that on the extras turntable lab had a few days after RSD. Loved that movie and thought the soundtrack was killer.
    @NotoriousTIMP Where did you pick up that bootleg? The vinyl version is way too expensive for my taste.
    Do you have the lenticular cover or the standard edition? Still trying to confirm if mine's a mispress, lol.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Do you have the lenticular cover or the standard edition? Still trying to confirm if mine's a mispress, lol.
    I do and it's right side up on mine. So you must have a misprint? All the ones I've seen are right side up.

Also... For me, I got myself a few birthday gifts that I've been wanting for a long time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Local record store was open for the first time today. Very smart about how they handled everything. Happy to support them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwYmZVj...=126vjyh7ahfr9

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Birthday present to myself. Gonna frame these bad boys, I think.