Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys. I picked this one up lately at Half-Price Books. Real fun listen, unfortunately has a few skips on the Shaggy side. I knew there was a chance when inspecting it at the store, but I was willing to roll the dice at $3.99.

Last edited by ThermionicScott; 12-24-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    CCCL is intriguing me

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    CCCL is intriguing me
    Just finished listening to platter 1... I like it.

And platter 2... I think I like more than 1.

So yeah, if you like atmospheric experimental electronic music, then confidently pick it up.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 12-24-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always love when my hobbies start to rub off on other people. My brother-in-law and his fiancee are starting to get into records, and we all got each other record-related stuff this Christmas.

Here's what my wife and I got, between us:

She loves "The 'Burbs" so as soon as I stumbled across it online, I knew it would be a hit. Listening to it right now, as a matter of fact!

I contributed copies of Van Halen I, Led Zep IV, Talking Heads "Fear of Music", Elton John's Greatest Hits, The Shins "Oh, Inverted World", and Boston's first record to the aforementioned brother-in-law and his fiancee to help get their collection going. He bought her "Blunderbuss" and a few things I wasn't familiar with and forgot to write down.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 12-27-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot the shins!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

author & punisher • beastland

cat power • what would the community think
    played from the vault
    150g vinyl that I apparently purchased in the fall of 2003 at Dr. Wax in Evanston (according to the sticker that was still on the shrink wrap that i removed when i listened to it)

judas priest • sad wings of destiny
    good find at my local record store a couple weeks ago

nine inch nails • pretty hate machine
    played from the vault
    1989 canadian pressing

my chemical romance • three cheers for sweet revenge
    my wife gave this to me for our wedding anniversary on september 21st but we didn't listen to it until december 21st (her birthday)

danny elfman • beetlejuice original soundtrack
    30th anniversary remaster on 180g black/white beetlejuice split vinyl w/11x11 art print

thou • heathen
    x-mas gift from my wife
    2xLP on 180g vinyl

wolves in the throne room • two hunters
    x-mas gift from my wife
    2018 reissue

low • double negative
    x-mas gift from my in-laws

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    OUTSIDE, HEATHEN, and HOURS are getting the repress treatment and are up for pre-order! This will be the first time OUTSIDE is pressed with a complete track listing and comes in two variants.
    Did anyone order OUTSIDE from this site? I cant find my order confirmation, the LP is nowhere to be found on the site, and discogs doesn't list it as being released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if that comment on Discogs about Friday Music losing the license was true. I'm tempted to put in one of those pre-orders on Amazon...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    I wonder if that comment on Discogs about Friday Music losing the license was true. I'm tempted to put in one of those pre-orders on Amazon...
    I found my transaction on paypal but thats it. I ordered one on amazon just to be safe but I'm pissed if I cant get a refund since its been more than 90 days. Where on discogs did you see the comment about them losing the rights?
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 12-29-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, are you know (if you've been reading this thread carefully), I kinda geeked out on picking up music this year.

111 releases on vinyl (along with 14 WAVs ((mainly through Bandcamp)) and 2 iTunes AACs).

And then I thought, why not put out a year end mix that features one song each release I've picked up this year. So I did.

So here's 9h 31m of my musical year, please enjoy responsibly.

You might find something(s) you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found my transaction on paypal but thats it. I ordered one on amazon just to be safe but I'm pissed if I cant get a refund since its been more than 90 days. Where on discogs did you see the comment about them losing the rights?
    If this doesn't take you directly to the right post chain, just look for pilotfish693's post from September 12, 2017: https://www.discogs.com/release/7810...eviews#c823186

I can't figure out how to reliably link to the exact comment, which pains me as someone who can usually make HTML work for him. His post and the replies indicate that the rights holder must be only allowing small runs so that people will buy the box set. If you got charged, I hope it all works out!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I just emailed friday music to see if I could get an update on my order. Oddly enough my paypal payment went to a personal email address (@yahoo.com) so I'm a little worried that I might get screwed over on this. We'll see I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just emailed friday music to see if I could get an update on my order. Oddly enough my paypal payment went to a personal email address (@yahoo.com) so I'm a little worried that I might get screwed over on this. We'll see I guess...
    Keep us updated if you get a response I am in the same boat as you.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My top ten pick-ups for 2018 (in pictures!)

Happy New Year folks!
    (and a cheery hurrah to happy collecting in 2019!)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added this a few days ago!

and if you have any audio issues with your receiver (crackling or static) get this Deoxit D5 stuff. ITS AMAZING and has breathed new life into my setup!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

childish gambino • awaken my love
    x-mas gift from my parents
    i have no idea how this sounds so good for a 49-minute album on two sides of vinyl, but it was fantastic

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just listening to this 'o' release of Garage Inc. ... holy shit it sounds great! Nice inherent volume and so crisp. I'd say the sound is thicker than the CD... but barely. It was well mastered to begin with.
    And the U2 continues the happiness the 2018 remastered releases brought me. Great sounding.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-12-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A couple new additions:

This record might be the furthest away from NIN that anyone has gotten in this thread. But if you like western swing, you know who Bob Wills was, and his band was at the top of their game when they recorded the sessions that became the Tiffany Transcriptions.

Decided to start completing my meager collection of Pink Floyd records. Meddle is among my favorites: the band was still young and hungry, not taking themselves quite as seriously as they did in later years. Their classic 70's sound started to come together with this record. (Also I love going to a bar, putting $1 in the TouchTunes machine and requesting "Echoes", then watching people's confused faces for the next 23 minutes.)

And this one from toward the end of their career as a band. I suppose I'm fine with meander-y PF records, as long as they have some good tunes and instrumentals.

I wonder how many people outside of early-80's Athens, GA would have heard of Pylon if R.E.M. hadn't covered them. They sound like they would have been a really fun band to see live.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New additions to my black metal collection.

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shipping

I just got a shipping confirmation and tracking number from Friday Music for the color version if Outside so hopefully you are good too?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

emma ruth rundle • on dark horses
    b-day gift from my parents
    coke bottle clear (green?) limited to 500 copies

the cinematic orchestra • remixes 98-2000 2xLP
    great find on discogs for only $10
    the sleeve is maybe a little below VG but the records themselves are in NM, and the music is fantastic. it's less a remix album and more a covers/reinterpretations album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure whether it belongs in this thread or the "What are you listening to?" thread, but I had an idea this morning: a lot of my record collection has come to me by buying out other people's collections as an all-or-nothing deal. Thus there are a couple hundred records I still haven't listened to.

So my project for 2019 will be to listen to everything that I haven't yet. If anything manages to be interesting or unexpectedly good/bad, I'll post about it here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    well, its been over a week and I still haven't heard anything from Friday Music about my Bowie record. looks like I might have to open a dispute with paypal

It other news, I did get confirmation that my copy from Amazon has shipped and will be here tomorrow. I'll post up pictures once I get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, its been over a week and I still haven't heard anything from Friday Music about my Bowie record. looks like I might have to open a dispute with paypal

It other news, I did get confirmation that my copy from Amazon has shipped and will be here tomorrow. I'll post up pictures once I get it
    Well its something...hope you get that shit straightened out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

siouxsie & the banshees • kaleidoscope
    b-day gift from my wife
    2018 remaster on 180g vinyl
    this was the first siouxsie album i ever heard, which i ran out and bought on CD after being entranced by “christine” on a random pandora station back in probably 2006 (yeah, i know i was late to the game)

siouxsie & the banshees • hyaena
    b-day gift from my wife
    2018 remaster on 180g vinyl

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Came home today to this!

and my new (to me) deck came in as well!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    No Line On The Horizon pre-orders are live! Snag the clear version while you can...

https://www.u2.com/news/title/the-fu...ds-a-big-kiss-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell yeah @NotoriousTIMP! Amazon told me my copy won't get here until Friday.

Meanwhile, another part of my 90's nostalgia collection arrived today (quick shot since I'm heading back out the door)...
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-09-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Something new arrived today... but NSFW image so instead of a Twitter embedded post, let's just link instead...