Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Sweet Dreams =are made of this .>>" (1983 7" picture disc) by Eurythmics
    What a great B-side...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll do a Mega post once more records roll in. I got 4 more to share.

I just bought this!: https://mondotees.com/products/copy-...lp-pre-order-1

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll do a Mega post once more records roll in. I got 4 more to share.

I just bought this!: https://mondotees.com/products/copy-...lp-pre-order-1
    oh damn, this is tempting...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    oh damn, this is tempting...
    the package is beautiful, and the music is good, but the soundtrack for Fire Walk With Me is actually better. plus, there's like three or four julie cruise songs on the show soundtrack, and i also have her album on vinyl, so it was a bit redundant.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the package is beautiful, and the music is good, but the soundtrack for Fire Walk With Me is actually better. plus, there's like three or four julie cruise songs on the show soundtrack, and i also have her album on vinyl, so it was a bit redundant.
    I plan to get that too, eventually. I just need a good price for Fire Walk With Me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just ordered that Ministry Live Necronomicon

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    just ordered that Ministry Live Necronomicon
    wow, how did I miss this release? Only 90 copies left out of the 500....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Hurtin' On The Bottle" (2015 7" release) by Margo Price
    "Big River" (2010 7" release) by The Secret Sisters

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide that variant is GORGEOUS

bill evans - empathy
    my friend gave me choice of some jazz records she inherited from her dad as payment for helping fix her internet, and this is one of the things i picked out. it was quite good, and the record itself is in surprisingly good condition for how messed up the sleeve is.

ides of gemini - old world | new wave
    one of four records i got in a $23 grab-bag from sige records, surprised to find that i adore it.

menace ruine - venus armata 2xLP
    another from the sige grab-bag. just finishing this up now and it's definitely one of the most unique things i've listened to in a while. i don't even know how to describe it, other than harsh/beautiful and haunting/comforting all at the same time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

I just got my MINISTRY - NECROMONICON vinyl.

Never in a million years did I think a jourgenson re release would outshine a Reznor re release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 07-15-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I ignored wanting to buy that but your picture posts were an asshole move to me because now I want it....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

prick - s/t
    2017 (first) pressing on red/black marbled vinyl
    my wife and i listened to this last night while making dinner and reveled in how 90s it is, but still so good.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to see PIG last night and managed to bump into Raymond after the show. He was really friendly and was happy for me that I had finally caught his band live. He signed my copy of WRECKED and even drew a little pig with a pitchfork on the cover.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So which of those three dudes is you?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    So which of those three dudes is you?
    he's the one on the right

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Live Necronomicon" showed up today. I'll get into listening to it tonight.

**tonight's report**

Yeah, I like it. Definitely more raw than "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" and in that sense a different experience. There were a few fadeouts between tracks that seemed odd to me. Like we're missing something still...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-19-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Oh man, I hope mine showed up today too. I just emailed them earlier asking for a status update.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

**tonight's report**

Yeah, I like it. Definitely more raw than "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" and in that sense a different experience. There were a few fadeouts between tracks that seemed odd to me. Like we're missing something still...
    That would be the banter that Al speaks in between some songs, the dadist spoken word from, Jello Biafra, and the Revolting Cocks song Stainless Steel Providers (which can be found on another release in pretty high quality somewhere, can't remember which one right now).

I didn't receive a tracking number for my order but my copy should be getting here soon, I hope.
    If you order it through Bandcamp you get to download a copy in different formats ahead of release which is quite nice and is holding me over till i get it in my hands.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    really loving the new Floating Points album

Reflections (Mojave Desert)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sisters of Mercy fans rejoice; looks like they're capping off the album box sets with Some Girls Wander By Mistake, which will include the 1992 Temple Of Love and Under The Gun singles.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    some more of the jazz records i acquired from a friend, played last night

duke ellington - new orleans suite

the stan getz years on roost records, 2xLP

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

aaron turner & daniel menche - nox
    clear vinyl
    absolutely gorgeous

daniel menche / william fowler collins - raised coils of the giant serpent of eternity / i heard only the eternal storm
    split LP on black vinyl

got these little metal clip things at ikea and am using them to display the record i'm currently playing. trying to get the hang of taking pictures there, though, because i have to lean over my turntable. also got another 2x4 kallax (and all 8 door inserts) at ikea yesterday because my other SIXTEEN compartments are full.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe surely you have a record shop by you or something? You get so many records regularly it makes me mad I'm stuck always ordering online D:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    @eversonpoe surely you have a record shop by you or something? You get so many records regularly it makes me mad I'm stuck always ordering online D:
    while i do have a record store in my neighborhood, i only go there occasionally (because i usually walk out having spent around $100). almost all the records i get are online. i recently got a grab bag of 4 sige records titles on vinyl + a CD for only $23 including shipping. and of course that went up for sale two days after i had already ordered the aaron turner & daniel menche record haha.

i literally don't spend money on anything but records. i barely ever buy clothes, we don't go out for drinks, we only occasionally go out for dinner. my tattoos are funded by my cat-sitting money, which i consider entirely separate. so all of my disposable income from my main job goes to records. it would probably be nice if i didn't buy quite as many so i could be saving a bit more money, but this is my one addiction. at least it's an investment, eh?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    while i do have a record store in my neighborhood, i only go there occasionally (because i usually walk out having spent around $100). almost all the records i get are online. i recently got a grab bag of 4 sige records titles on vinyl + a CD for only $23 including shipping. and of course that went up for sale two days after i had already ordered the aaron turner & daniel menche record haha.

i literally don't spend money on anything but records. i barely ever buy clothes, we don't go out for drinks, we only occasionally go out for dinner. my tattoos are funded by my cat-sitting money, which i consider entirely separate. so all of my disposable income from my main job goes to records. it would probably be nice if i didn't buy quite as many so i could be saving a bit more money, but this is my one addiction. at least it's an investment, eh?
    Most of my disposable incomes goes to movies/tv series blu-rays, video games or records/CDs. So I'm with you on that.

I got my Twin Peaks OST 2015 reissue vinyl in the mail. I'll take a photo and upload in my next photo dump.

I just bought this beautiful thing

Limited edition of 111 copies.
    Comes in heavy cardboard gatefold cover sleeve (with die-cut CD insert), with black inner sleeve featuring gold-foil printings and one-sided cardboard insert and hand-numbered with gold ink embossed Unholy Trinity logo.
    CD comes in black sleeve with hand-stamped Behemoth logo.
    Also in spirits after my show on Thursday, I said fuck it and just went ahead buying more for my record collection. Recently bought 4 more Behemoth additions besides above. 2015 RSD Gold press of Pandemonic Incantations, 2009 clear press of The Apostasy (with the Ezkaton EP), the exclusive Xiadz EP and the standard press for The Satanist. Cannot wait for these. I've wanted them for ages but held off and after seeing the band for the first time I said why not now?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-24-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My last post ties into my most recent purchase, which is by far the most expensive vinyl press I've put money down on. OOP and totally scarce. I'll post about it and shed light when I receive it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

A Scanner Darkly!
    Last edited by hologram parade; 07-29-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I just bought this through Bandcamp which comes with digital downloads in all kinds of formats, the vinyl should be arriving by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    The sound quality is phenomenal!