Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sick Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Sick Thread

Fuck this shit. Seriously. I can't breath out of my nose.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    My left eye is oozing some greenish/yellowish thick goo. It forms a hard crust and I'm in the process of tearing off all my eyelashes to remove said crust.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I had 3 nasty cold/flus this fall already. One at the end of September, one at the end of October and then a 3rd at the end of November. Wonder what's up with all the virus' floating around, hopefully I've seen the last of them for the cold/flu season this year.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Got some kind of virus, with fever/headache/muscle ache. Thought it was food poisoning, but have not been expelling anything from either orifice. Yuk.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Been suffering the last two weeks with regular and intense stomach pains. I know a lot of it must be do to stress but I just can't stand it anymore. I almost couldn't sleep at all last night because of it. Finally seeing a doctor today. I hope there's a quick solution.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Sick again, with a chest cough. All this job market stress getting my defences down.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    *whimpers*

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ah sorry, wrong thread.

Edit: My antibiotics are causing me some seriously annoying heartburn right now.
    Last edited by DF118; 02-16-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    *whimpers*
    You were just in the states weren't you? There's horrible stuff going around - maybe you caught something here.

This is the first day I'm actually sitting in my chair at my desk instead of lying in bed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had about four months of not catching anything from all the sick-as-dogs customers I've served over the winter period. I honestly think all this time I've spent being subjected to illnesses has strengthened my immune system...

...and that stretch has now unfortunately come to an end as I apparently have the 'flu, with all the trimmings :/ I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be the common cold as I always wind up confined to bed with colds anyway, and I'd rather a short and miserable few days than a week or two feeling equally miserable. Plus side, I got through my morning shift okay today (apparently I was 'very chirpy' o_o), which meant I had all afternoon to sleep.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ugh, I've been sick for weeks. Working way too many 100+ hour weeks has got me here, but goddamn I hate just lying around in bed all day, it drives me absolutely nuts even when I'm a snot fountain. Make it stop, I have way too much to do!

Silver lining: good excuse to eat Pho for every meal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After 3 weeks of this sinus bug not going away and it getting worse I went to a minute clinic on Sunday. I have Acute Bronchitis and Sinusitis. On two different antibiotics that help until they wear off. God this has been awful. Even messed up my sleep from coughing so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The antibiotic I am taking for an ear infection is giving me diarrhea. Oh joy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    39,5 C fever, coughing, sneezing, nose running like the Amazon, headaches

I went to bed wearing four layers of clothes for the upper part of my body, one of them being a furry zipper hoodie.

Woke up, took a shower, I was like new!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've been sick twice in the past two months. I'm just getting over it now, but the weather where I am changes from day to day. Sunday we had snow, Monday & Tuesday we had clear skies and mid-50s temps, yesterday was about the same until last night - we had a thunderstorm.

I've been taking Dayquil and some other stuff. Drinking all the water I can and drinking orange juice when available.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I have a headache, dammit!

Also, whooping cough is going around, hope I avoid THAT shit...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great, now I got THE SICK

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Backache back with a vengeance. Fuck you job market stress.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm not "sick", but FUCK. THIS. MIGRAINE. I am SO DONE with having migraines, I really really really wish they would stop existing. I forgot to refill my migraine meds prescription because I hadn't had one in a couple of months. Ugh. I can't wait to get home and smoke some...other medicine.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    I'm not "sick", but FUCK. THIS. MIGRAINE. I am SO DONE with having migraines, I really really really wish they would stop existing. It hurts too much and for too long. I can't wait to get home and smoke some... medicine.
    I hear you! I have been plagued with migraines and headaches again, for the past year. They come in waves, and I'm in what seems like a month-long cycle. It's keeeling me. I so wish this were a medical marijuana state. I'd be all over that! (At least I have insurance again, as of tomorrow, and can go see the neurologist finally.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i really thought i lucked out this winter and wouldn't get sick....
    Ive had a mild headache all day that seems to be getting just a little more painful every time I cough, which is about every 10 minutes. its been coming on for the past week, at least I have the day off from work tomorrow.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Doctor told my i may have an infected prostate, which sucks but at least at this point it may not be anything worse. The whole thing was kind of unnerving to say the least, but now hopefully these crazy antibiotics I'm taking will help. Only thing is i can't eat two hours before or six hours after i take them. Thing about it is when the fuck can i eat? Idk, i go back in a month to see if thats what it really was. I'd rather not have to see a urologist and spend even more money i don't have.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    woke up this morning with that crazy stomach bug thats been going around, now theres blood in my vomit...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Checking in with some delicious strep throat. I haven't played video games like this since I was 15.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx View Post
    Checking in with some delicious strep throat. I haven't played video games like this since I was 15.
    Sucks about the strep throat =[ I also end up playing a lot of games while sick though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm rekindling a love affair with JRPGs. The only way I'm able to find time for 'em these days is by getting laid low.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't been this sick in a long time... so now that I am - I feel like my head could sometimes be over-reacting when I think "HOLY SHIT, I'M DYING. I'M. DYING."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Is this blowback from the wedding? WHAT DID HE GIVE YOU??

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I hear you! I have been plagued with migraines and headaches again, for the past year. They come in waves, and I'm in what seems like a month-long cycle. It's keeeling me. I so wish this were a medical marijuana state. I'd be all over that! (At least I have insurance again, as of tomorrow, and can go see the neurologist finally.)
    I've suffered from migraines since my mid-20s, my mom started getting them when she was SIX, my brother got cluster headaches. Over the years, my migraines have morphed from the puking all day and nearly unconscious to an all-over headache that includes crazy hunger and cravings and I get blurry vision (yesterday I noticed DILATED PUPILS big time). I am currently reading this book, it's fascinating.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=96562458

We should start a Migraineurs thread. "Hi, I'm Allegro, and I'm a Migraineur."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Is this blowback from the wedding? WHAT DID HE GIVE YOU??
    Haha - no. The wedding is next week, so right now I'm completely fucked.