Thread: Blade Runner 2049

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Ridley Scott is an old fart who didn't even like Blade Runner 2049 stating it was too slow and too long. I'm sure he's never seen one film by Bela Tarr, then he would have something to complain about and I have seen Tarr's Satantango and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a third film if it involves Denis Villeneuve in some capacity but if it doesn't happen. That's cool as I like the way Blade Runner 2049 ended.
    Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.
    He's been losing his touch for years. The last film of his that I enjoyed was The Martian but he is often hit-and-miss. For every film like Alien, Blade Runner, and Black Hawk Down (I wanted to mention the extended director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven which I heard is a vastly superior film than the theatrical version), there's duds like White Squall, Body of Lies, and Exodus. He can deliver in films like Black Rain, Thelma and Louise, and American Gangster but I often think people put him very highly when I kind of think he's overrated at times. I'm one of those that doesn't even like Gladiator very much. I doubt he's even in my list of my 100 favorite filmmakers.