Page 84 of 191 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah but they never got along either. There's a ton of bad blood between. Crazy if you think otherwise.
    Lots of bad blood. Funny enough, Ace has said that they talk a lot of shit but he still talks with Gene and Paul and some of the drama is blown out of proportion by the media. Personally, I have no problem with Gene and Paul moving on with Tommy and Eric, but feel it's pretty lame for them to dress up as Ace and Peter.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I hate electronic tracks that consist of two lines of "lyrics" repeated over and over again for way too long. Looking at you, Art Department.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I want to agree with this and i see why but i can't place one over the other personally. I will say imo Mad Season were/are one of the better Super Groups to date though
    Fair enough. Mad Season has always been overlooked by critics, but Above ​has always had a cult following.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-14-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm totally with you on this. What a dick. If I saw someone in a wheelchair and know that they can't stand. I would have that person on the stage to get a better look and be part of something special.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm totally with you on this. What a dick. If I saw someone in a wheelchair and know that they can't stand. I would have that person on the stage to get a better look and be part of something special.
    to be fair, that HuffPo headline is bullshit to grab attention. "When [Kanye] sent Pascal up there [Kanye] said, 'He is in a wheelchair? It's fine!' the witness reported." So Kanye didn't really "demand [that a] fan in wheelchair stand up." He just couldn't see that the guy was in a wheelchair and couldn't hear people saying the guy was in a wheelchair. Obviously, that's just really embarrassing. How can you make a guy who can't stand up stand? I'm not the biggest Kanye fan, but I'm even less of a HuffPo fan.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    look at the tags huffpo put on their articles if you want confirmation what kind of people they are

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Audioslave > RATM. I like Rage, I just prefer Audioslave. I was listening to Out of Exile ​on my jog this morning--outstanding album. They were probably my favorite, or one of my favorite bands from the 00s.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I never understood the hate for Audioslave. Was it because they had radio airtime and appeal?

Their albums are consistent and there's some great works in their catalog outside the singles.

As for me posting the Kanye West article, you know it's sad when it can be confused for being real since it's in his overall character.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    to be fair, that HuffPo headline is bullshit to grab attention. "When [Kanye] sent Pascal up there [Kanye] said, 'He is in a wheelchair? It's fine!' the witness reported." So Kanye didn't really "demand [that a] fan in wheelchair stand up." He just couldn't see that the guy was in a wheelchair and couldn't hear people saying the guy was in a wheelchair. Obviously, that's just really embarrassing. How can you make a guy who can't stand up stand? I'm not the biggest Kanye fan, but I'm even less of a HuffPo fan.
    What would have happened if it turned out the guy wasn't in a wheelchair?
    Are you obligated to stand up if the artist asks you to stand up?
    Can't believe Kanye actually sent someone to verify whether he was in a wheelchair or not. This is ridiculous
    You're not paying $200 to be given orders by some jackass. If I wanna sit, I'll sit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Audioslave sounds like lifeless, boring, generic hard rock to me. They look good on paper, but they lack the energy and emotion that Rage Against the Machine had and lack the power Soundgarden had.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    pretty much nailed it. Incredible that RATM+Soundgarden turned out such an uncreative, middle of the road boring conservative trad rock dad rock inoffensive product.
    Then again, I always found Soundgarden to be slightly overrated: good, but not great. Superunknown is awesome, that is true, and Down on the Upside had great moments. But on the whole they didn't really add much to what Zeppelin had already done better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first 30 Seconds To Mars album still holds up as a pretty great album. The song 'End of The Beginning's fuckin' slaps.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I would like to see another release of the album, stripped down without Spector's production, but with the original track listing and studio chatter.
    Just burn your own CD-R compilation. All versions of this album are garbage IMO. Spector did the best turd-polishing he could but it's by far the worst Beatles album. They all knew it, too, which is why it took so long to come out (more than a year behind schedule).
    Last edited by botley; 09-16-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Can't believe Kanye actually sent someone to verify whether he was in a wheelchair or not. This is ridiculous
    You're not paying $200 to be given orders by some jackass. If I wanna sit, I'll sit.
    He's Kanye/Yeezus. Show some respect. Know what I'm sayin'?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I like Audioslave but they are nowhere near RATM/Soundgarden

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    ...inoffensive product... what Zeppelin had already done better.
    To count as better, music has to be offensive?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love me some Audioslave. Their S/T kinda loses momentum, though, the tracklisting's not great, imo.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I totally agree with you, I hate it when any artist wants me to clap, sit, sing along, whatever. I do the opposite. I paid for YOU to entertain ME, asshole, not the other way around. I don't clap for 20 minutes for encores, I don't raise my hands in the air, I don't do audience participation bullshit, I don't do artist-sing-along crap, or any of that other artist-ego-stroking bullshit intended solely to give the artist a giant ego boner. If I was at that Kanye show, I would have left for the bathroom, or just left.

I only pointed out that the HuffPo headline is fucking wrong. Because I hate it when the media does that cheap shit with headlines and tags to get hits to sell advertising.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-16-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    To count as better, music has to be offensive?
    I do want music to effect me in some way. If it just sits there and goes through the motions then I am unhappy with it. It doesn't need to offend me (I wouldn't say "inoffensive" is a neat opposite of "offensive") but it certainly should shake something up, do something a little different, to catch my interest. You could argue that Audioslave did on some level confound expectations by playing it so safe: these 90s innovators were expected to keep pushing the envelope, instead they sat back and wrote some chillax by-numbers hard rock instead. Also that the RATM members compromised their political leanings (Cornell had put as condition that he was not going to write political material) sits ill with me. I found the result was a lot less than the sum of the parts should have been. Ultimately I feel Audioslave was yet another latter day Rick Rubin misfire, fashioned in the major label laboratory for maximum radio profit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Just burn your own CD-R compilation. All versions of this album are garbage IMO. Spector did the best turd-polishing he could but it's by far the worst Beatles album. They all knew it, too, which is why it took so long to come out (more than a year behind schedule).
    I don't agree at all--"Two of Us," "Across the Universe," "For you Blue," etc. are classic songs and Let it Be ​is a great recording.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    ^^^^
    pretty much nailed it. Incredible that RATM+Soundgarden turned out such an uncreative, middle of the road boring conservative trad rock dad rock inoffensive product.
    Then again, I always found Soundgarden to be slightly overrated: good, but not great. Superunknown is awesome, that is true, and Down on the Upside had great moments. But on the whole they didn't really add much to what Zeppelin had already done better.
    To be fair, it's pretty hard to compete with Zeppelin.

As for Audioslave, they really got better over time. The first album sounds like RATM but with Cornell singing. It's a good album, but like most super-groups, doesn't live up to the bands that the members came from. OOE sees the band finding their groove. I can see why one might criticize the album for playing it safe, sounding too radio friendly, etc., but it is still a very strong collection of memorable songs, IMO. Revelations ​was their best; it rocks but with elements of funk and soul and has a certain energy and looseness that just makes it a really enjoyable, refreshing album. I'd take Audioslave over The White Stripes or The Strokes, or most other rock bands from that time period.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-16-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I don't agree at all--"Two of Us," "Across the Universe," "For you Blue," etc. are classic songs and Let it Be ​is a great recording.
    "Across the Universe" is a classic tune, so is the title track and "Get Back", but they are the only exceptions — and the Beatles did far better versions of all three songs, which aren't even on either version of the album (they're on the second disc of Past Masters). I agree with John Lennon: that whole session was the "shittiest load of badly-recorded shit with a lousy feeling to it ever".
    Last edited by botley; 09-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    To each his/her own. I love that album.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "Across the Universe" is a classic tune, so is the title track and "Get Back", but they are the only exceptions — and the Beatles did far better versions of all three songs, which aren't even on either version of the album (they're on the second disc of Past Masters). I agree with John Lennon: that whole session was the "shittiest load of badly-recorded shit with a lousy feeling to it ever".
    John Lennon loved Phil Spector until they had a falling out during the recording of Rock 'n Roll. Here is the WHOLE quote:

When Spector came around, it was like, 'Well, alright, if you want to work with us [laugh], go and do your audition, man.' And he worked like a pig on it. He'd always wanted to work with The Beatles and he was given the shittiest load of badly recorded shit - and with a lousy feeling to it - ever. And he made something out of it. It wasn't fantastic, but I heard it, I didn't puke. I was so relieved after six months of this black cloud hanging over.

John Lennon, 1970
    Lennon Remembers, Jann Wenner
    http://www.beatlesbible.com/people/phil-spector/
    Last edited by allegro; 09-16-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    He's 100% right. It's a well-polished turd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He's 100% right. It's a well-polished turd.
    Let It Be ​is better than just about every other album ever released.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    This one is, sure:

The one by the Beatles isn't as good as any of the solo albums that all four of them individually released in the same year, 1970. It's not even in the running for best pop music album of that year. It lags far, far, far behind Bridge Over Troubled Water, After the Gold Rush, Moondance, Paranoid, and Led Zeppelin III, for example. It cowers and trembles beneath the feet of the mighty Fun House.

There have also been many years of great pop music since then, all producing lots of better albums than The Beatles' Let It Be OR Let It Be... Naked.
    Last edited by botley; 09-17-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can't see the image you tried to post botley.

Always liked Let It Be...Naked over the original. Still think Revolver is the best Beatles album though. All Things Must Pass is the best Beatles solo record. And Moondance hasn't aged a year since it came out IMO.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Can't see the image you tried to post botley.
    Fixed it with a link to the whole fuckin' album. Agreed with most of what you said, though I don't think Naked is much of an improvement.
    Last edited by botley; 09-17-2014 at 01:08 AM.