Page 116 of 191 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    We should start a list of songs for a Puscifer covers album, no doubt it would be their best release ever:
    I nominate Baby Got Back.
    Is it weird that I actually am really interested in what MJK would do with that track?

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I like this song better than "Imagine":

i like THAT song!

La chicks with the open booties! Tell me you didn't like that shit when it came out (if you're over 32 or so.) I won't believe you

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i like THAT song!

La chicks with the open booties! Tell me you didn't like that shit when it came out (if you're over 32 or so.) I won't believe you
    Oh of course i liked when it came out (yo got my FB you already know i'm over 30, lol)

Little bit "off topic", but i also like the "metal version" by Throwdown:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like this song better than "Imagine":

That song and video will never get old.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i like THAT song! La chicks with the open booties!
    LA face with an oakland booty

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Army of Anyone's self-titled disc was one of the best rock albums of 2006.
    Got to disagree with you there: I found it the epitome of bland, from the name onwards. For me the music was way too mellow and nondescript, lacking in memorable kick ass rock songs that totally should have been there given the pedigree involved. Also I saw them live and didn't like it either. I interviewed R Patrick about AOA, and remember one thing he said unprompted pissing me off: something like of course I'm going to form a band with other musicians who’ve sold millions of records, those are my peers.

I preferred Talk Show. I think that album was really underrated.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    LA face with an oakland booty
    whatever. See you know all the damn words

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Got to disagree with you there: I found it the epitome of bland, from the name onwards. For me the music was way too mellow and nondescript, lacking in memorable kick ass rock songs that totally should have been there given the pedigree involved. Also I saw them live and didn't like it either. I interviewed R Patrick about AOA, and remember one thing he said unprompted pissing me off: something like of course I'm going to form a band with other musicians who’ve sold millions of records, those are my peers.

I like Filter, but you'd be lying if you said Richard Patrick isn't an insufferable douche. So glad he's anti-Republican.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Oh of course i liked when it came out (yo got my FB you already know i'm over 30, lol)
    i didn't mean you in particular, i meant EVERYBODY

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i would rather have to listen to Who Let The Dogs Out every day for the rest of my life than EVER hear Imagine by John Lennon ever again. i never liked it, and at this point in my life, i hate it even more. it makes my blood boil and sends me into a rage any time i hear even a few notes from it.
    try this version

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Talk Show was a great disc, highly underrated. It's kind of like Tiny Music's twin.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looking back at the 00's, two of the best rock bands were Audioslave and Velvet Revolver. Supergroups sometimes suck, but those two bands rocked. And those five discs, combined from both bands, are still on my i-pod. Well-known musicians, but those two bands are underrated, imo.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Looking back at the 00's, two of the best rock bands were Audioslave and Velvet Revolver. Supergroups sometimes suck, but those two bands rocked. And those five discs, combined from both bands, are still on my i-pod. Well-known musicians, but those two bands are underrated, imo.
    nothin wrong with audioslave. i never got into vr

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm an avid Audiosoave fan. It's a shame I get shit and they get dumped on endlessly from all angles. That first album is awesome.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm an avid Audiosoave fan. It's a shame I get shit and they get dumped on endlessly from all angles. That first album is awesome.
    I actually think the first album, while decent, is the weakest of the three.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    it's actually my mother who is in to audioslave, and i've been hearing it for years. She ritualistically plays it very loud when she takes a shower. "iN YA YA....AH LONG TO BE!"
    it's pretty damn cool

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Audioslave was a good group and "Revelations" is totally underrated, but i'm also glad they disbanded because i prefer Cornell in Soundgarden...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    nothin wrong with audioslave. i never got into vr
    Probably my favorite VR song. One of the best songs either Weiland or Slash ever wrote, imho.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I loathe Mark Kozelek: to me he sounds like Adam Duritz trying to be Tom Waits; so full of maudlin emo cliche bullshit:
    I hope they release an instrumental version of this album because these are good Jesu riffs, ruined:
    http://www.sunkilmoon.com/jesuskm.html
    The more I listen to this album, the more it sounds like a sequel to Metalloureed's Lulu
    Agreed. I hate that fucker's voice, and his stupid lyrics are essentially just standing in the way of what is essentially otherwise a really good jesu album.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Agreed. I hate that fucker's voice, and his stupid lyrics are essentially just standing in the way of what is essentially otherwise a really good jesu album.
    Worked FOH at a Kozelek solo gig in a church and he was a total cock to deal with. I respect his influence and work but greatly dislike the man and his music.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i am no fan of sun kil moon, but i *love* red house painters. i always thought his voice worked much better drenched in a bunch of reverb:

i never enjoyed sun kil moon, though. something about it just sounds flat and dull. as for his personality, while i'm not a fan of his antagonistic, borderline misogynist rants, i try not to let a musician's behavior dictate enjoyment of the art. honestly, i doubt we'd all like a lot less music if we judged based on persona.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    First two Sun Kil Moon albums are solid. But everything after that I don't really care too much for. And I'm not surprised Mark has become a grumpy old fart. Dudes got some issues he really needs to sort out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i saw him at Linocln Hall here in chicago in 2011 and he was really great, super chill, and not a dick. but it seems like that's a rare occurrence, which is disappointing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ray Gillen was one of the best rock singers of the late 80's/early 90's. Most people don't know who he is, but he briefly fronted Black Sabbath and sang in Jake E. Lee's Badlands, an awesome, underrated band.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-31-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    EDIT: never mind, not sure how to get the image url anymore from stupid iOS.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    To me Nick Cave is totally boring and cliche, I seriously don't get the adoration: it's goth adult rock pap. I even tried Grinderman and it was the same old bland bullshit. I don't get it.

Feel the same about Tom Waits: yeah, he has a gravelly voice and looks like a homeless person from a century ago. But not a single memorable song that I can think of. Just a bunch of grunting bluesy noise, pseudo-poetry. What's the deal?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Feel the same about Tom Waits: yeah, he has a gravelly voice and looks like a homeless person from a century ago. But not a single memorable song that I can think of. Just a bunch of grunting bluesy noise, pseudo-poetry. What's the deal?
    It's not a jab at all, but it's funny how every time you voice your opinion in here, I'm just flabbergasted, speechless. I can't even argue, or discuss the topic at hand. I guess it's the way you voice your opinion, there's just nothing left to say, all that's left is a silent "WTF has just been said right now ?"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    lol.

Wait. What?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    lol
    glad to be of service and entertainment

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But this made me really laugh because, well, it's true ...
    bunch of grunting bluesy noise