Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    There was a similar "appearance" of Trent in Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) Heart-Shaped Box. The main character of the book actually meets Trent in a flashback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    There was a similar "appearance" of Trent in Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) Heart-Shaped Box. The main character of the book actually meets Trent in a flashback.
    I had forgotton about this book, its really a great read. I actually think someone bought it for me because of that quick TR reference~!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    More Woodstock images posted at http://popispersonal.tumblr.com/ including this one of the band mud-wrestling before the performance.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder if that was some sort of pre-show ritual for awhile.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I wonder if that was some sort of pre-show ritual for awhile.

I remember an interview where a band member (pretty sure Trent) mentioned being nervous as fuck before going on stage for Woodstock. Someone threw some mud at someone else, and a huge mud fight broke out among all of them. After that, they were all relaxed and ready for a great show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's nothing big, but I noticed Trent was in the "Thanks" section for Black Light Burn's new album. Not like it means anything, since he's not credited with anything technical, but I always wondered how the relationship was between Trent and Wes, or if there ever was one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Wes said once that Trent gave him some very helpful advice when he was making Cruel Melody.

Also, from Borland's last.fm page:

At some point in 2004 as well, Borland was reportedly offered to join Nine Inch Nails as the band’s guitarist, replacing Robin Finck who left Nine Inch Nails yet again for Guns N’ Roses. Borland stated he wrote some material with Trent Reznor, but that the material is still unreleased. It is possible that this is due to the fact that he turned down the offer to officially join Nine Inch Nails to rejoin Limp Bizkit but isn’t confirmed by either Borland or the Nine Inch Nails crew.

In August 2004 or around, Wes Borland rejoined Limp Bizkit. Borland reportedly had to see for himself if he still was at odds with Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst before he officially joined Nine Inch Nails as the guitarist. They met one day and realized that they weren’t at odds with each other anymore, so Borland turned down the invitation to join Nine Inch Nails without friction from Trent Reznor, and Wes began writing with Limp Bizkit again.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wes said once that Trent gave him some very helpful advice when he was making Cruel Melody.

At some point in 2004 as well, Borland was reportedly offered to join Nine Inch Nails as the band’s guitarist, replacing Robin Finck who left Nine Inch Nails yet again for Guns N’ Roses. Borland stated he wrote some material with Trent Reznor, but that the material is still unreleased. It is possible that this is due to the fact that he turned down the offer to officially join Nine Inch Nails to rejoin Limp Bizkit but isn’t confirmed by either Borland or the Nine Inch Nails crew.

In August 2004 or around, Wes Borland rejoined Limp Bizkit. Borland reportedly had to see for himself if he still was at odds with Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst before he officially joined Nine Inch Nails as the guitarist. They met one day and realized that they weren’t at odds with each other anymore, so Borland turned down the invitation to join Nine Inch Nails without friction from Trent Reznor, and Wes began writing with Limp Bizkit again.
    Man, it makes me wonder what could have been. Maybe sometime in the future they'll work something out again. Maybe not, but eh, I like to speculate. It'd be great just to hear how some of that unreleased material sounded, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wait wait wait. What? He turned down NIN for Limp Bizkit? I'm sorry but off the top of my head, I can't think of any band I'd turn down in favor of Limp Bizkit

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    This AMAZINGLY in-depth article on the so-called "loudness war" and what its real, measurable impact is (or isn't) mentions "Closer": http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep1...s/loudness.htm

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Wait wait wait. What? He turned down NIN for Limp Bizkit? I'm sorry but off the top of my head, I can't think of any band I'd turn down in favor of Limp Bizkit
    He also left Manson to rejoin LB.

Manson has criticized Borland's departure, confessing that "We almost made the mistake of having Wes play guitar but he re-joined Limp Bizkit. That move forever eradicated my feelings on his choices in life as an artist." When asked why he thinks Borland returned to Limp Bizkit, Manson said: "That is what I find myself asking when I urinate sometimes. He said he would never go back. If the reason is money, then I'd rather roll up a $5 note and shove it up my urethra. I'd rather set my dick on fire than join something that I hated."

In his defense, Borland retorted that "I wrote nine songs to be submitted to the Manson record and none of them made it. I was really in hired gun land there, but was sort of being told that I wasn't. So when I figured that whole thing out, I knew I was never going to get an inch into that band [...] but it's the Marilyn Manson show over there — Limp Bizkit is more of a band."
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 08-24-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Isn't this
    I was really in hired gun land there, but was sort of being told that I wasn't. So when I figured that whole thing out, I knew I was never going to get an inch into that band
    exactly his reason to refuse to join nin as well, because
    it's the Marilyn Manson Trent Reznor show over there — Limp Bizkit is more of a band.
    ?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Isn't this
    exactly his reason to refuse to join nin as well, because
    There is a difference, I think. With NIN, he probably knew from the start that this is gonna be just the live band. With MM, he went into studio to write stuff only to get it rejected (if it's true).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But even then I'd be ashamed to have been credited for anything on a Limp Bizkit album. If I was in the band I'd atleast of liked to have been able to say Fred Durst made me do it, it wasn't my fault!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Wes himself said that Fred met him in a room and convinced him to re-join LB. I remember back in 2009, I think, when he rejoined LB after his brief stint on MM, the band had covered "Hurt" and Durst gave an absolutely terrible performance. Wes then publicly apologized to NIN fans via Twitter: "I'm terribly sorry, I had no idea it would go south like that..."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://www.nme.com/news/fightstar/65696
    Fightstar's Charlie Simpson to attempt to break world record for coldest gig ever
    [...]" I love scores like Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' The Social Network, mixing orchestral and electronic music.""

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Was it true Cher and Gregg Allman's son auditioned to replace Richard back in '94 or '95?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Was it true Cher and Gregg Allman's son auditioned to replace Richard back in '94 or '95?
    That's P Exeter Blue, correct? Yeah, I heard he did before he started Deadsy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    theninhotline twitter tipped me off to this last night:
    http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep1...racks-0912.htm

well worth the $2, great behind the scenes on Closer and TDS generally.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    review of new blb album in yesterday's Scottish sun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    More Woodstock images posted at http://popispersonal.tumblr.com/
    Even more added, like this one and two cool band shots:

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I WANT HIS LIFE

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    you're late, dont you have already this tumblr on rss

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Me? Yeah, but every time he updates I boil over with jealousy. Especially the medium format photos. :|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's an old photo of an article about Trent being the student pick as Mr. Punk in high school as a senior.

(Credit goes to http://retroberry.tumblr.com/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Wretched in the Trailer for Hansel & Gretel: Witchhunters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wonder if Trent actually goes to see all those movies that feature his (usually well fitting) music into their trailers. whenever i see certain gritty visual style i get a hunch NIN will kick in.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    not sure where else to put this. if u dont like newish style screaming hardcore vocals, then you probably won't like this. I def. think it works musically though. I like how messy it is.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    not sure where else to put this. if u dont like newish style screaming hardcore vocals, then you probably won't like this. I def. think it works musically though. I like how messy it is.

I like this a lot. DAMN!