Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Manic Street Preachers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm so incredibly jealous of you UK folk getting to witness this live! I just have to accept the fact that, barring an expensive trip to the UK, I'll never get to see them... if some footage/mp3s surface of this tour, please PM a link my way.

But I did break down and order the 20th anniversary box for The Holy Bible. The vinyl is a great press, dead quiet and sounds damn good. I'll have to just listen to the box set and pretend I was there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are some bits floating around on YouTube from the Manchester and Glasgow shows but am not very technologically advanced in terms of linking and stuff, even the five year olds I teach get exasperated with me!
    The box set looks really good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    caught them last night - wow

Bible was amazing, hits & rarities 2nd set featured postcards from a young man, donkeys, you love us ft andy cairns from therapy? on guitar

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    hnnnnn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I keep watching the footage from MTV Most Wanted where they did She is Suffering and 4st 7lb acoustic style. Absolutely magic beyond measure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just in case you were wondering "where can i get an awesome picture disc of the US holy bible mix for 15 quid"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holy-Bible-2...DN9EQSGMP8GFH8

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Recently re-read Simon Price's "Everything" book (which is the definitive text, would still recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest), having a bit of a manics revival (seem to have one every few years)

so... rank your albums and speculate on what happened to Richey?

Sadly, I think he most likely died either when he disappeared, or shortly after. It's interesting that people who knew him think he might be alive, though.

1. holy bible
    2. generation terrorists
    3. know your enemy
    4. everything must go
    5. this is my truth
    6. lipstick traces
    joint 7th - lifeblood and gold against the soul

I have tried tried tried with everything after lifeblood, but can't get into it. It's not bad - in fact it's great at what it is, but it's a totally different band IMO & not what I come to the manics for

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    not even Journal for Plague Lovers? I didn't like it when it first came out but I rediscovered it recently when I was writing something about THB, and it's fucking brilliant, definitely in my top 5. BTW I did a podcast on THB where I quoted you @Sutekh but unfortunately it's not out yet, maybe I can try again to find somewhere to host it next year, which will be THB's 25th anniversary (woah)
    Last edited by aggroculture; 11-13-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bag lady is one of the ten best songs they've ever done (and a lot of fun to play on the guitar), and peeled apples is great - I have a stab at that album every now and then and usually I like it a bit more, but it's never gotten under my skin as a whole

Flattered I've been cited, lol! Keep me posted on that podcast

BTW have you heard that horrors cover they did? The horrors wrote it in the THB style for the manics - it's not bad at all