Page 157 of 216 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just listened to the With Teeth rehearsals version, and the one that's on BYIT etc. Can't hear it either.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Does anyone know exactly which Closer / In Da Club mashup was used for the Ilan ? Or is it even one that's been released vs something that someone in the NIN camp made themselves for that?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's def been released. Mighta been a white label/promo only type situation though. I can upload when I get home from work. Quality isn't perfect, but its not bad either.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    it's def been released. Mighta been a white label/promo only type situation though. I can upload when I get home from work. Quality isn't perfect, but its not bad either.
    Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know of a way to listen to Trent's 2016 interview with Zane Lowe -- preferably without subscribing to anything?

The links I've come across are dead, and I don't see it on youtube yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Anyone know of a way to listen to Trent's 2016 interview with Zane Lowe -- preferably without subscribing to anything?

The links I've come across are dead, and I don't see it on youtube yet.
    http://www.ninlive.com/downloads/int...2016-12-22.mp3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic; thanks!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Many thanks in advance.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/6qkjnq

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Does anybody have any information about the old Disturbed interview disc? -

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/517385

I must've listened to this thing 10s of times as I waited patiently for any sort of news on a Downward Spiral follow-up. But I was always curious about the nature of the interview. Was it for a magazine? Who were the interviewers? And why was Trent being driven around by one of them, talking to the interviewer as if he were an old friend? What was the connection there?

(Other, less interesting questions that always popped into my mind; why wouldn't those who released this thing try to tidy-up the audio before distributing it?; what was that music playing in the background?)

Goodness, the extent to which I have lived and breathed this band, from back in the 90s when I was a teen to today, and to which I have analysed the minutiae of even interview discs, astounds me to this day.
    Last edited by muad'nin; 01-27-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can someone please explain to me the "infected Japanese" lyric?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The language, not the people. Or that's the interpretation I like. Warped ("infected") symbols.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I was thinking an insect-born virus, he likes those lyrically and visually based on TDS/Broken/YZ (and it kills kids, which I'm sure is something that would matter to Trent nowadays) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_encephalitis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This interview talks about a technique TR/AR used for recording Patriots Day. It's possible that what we're hearing is audio from different "generations":
    Several Gone Girl songs were done this way.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Speaking of techniques, whats the story with the muffled, underwater sounding sections of the album cut of 10 Miles High and The Way Out is Through?

I know there are more songs that use the effect on TF so feel free to add them to the discussion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Hey! Does anyone know who did the artwork for The Day The World Went Away single? I checked the liner notes on the digipak but didn't found anything. Went to ninkiki, wikipedia and other places but did't found anything.

Last edited by high def ultra-realism; 01-29-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    One assumes David Carson handled it like the rest of the Fragile artwork.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    One assumes David Carson handled it like the rest of the Fragile artwork.
    It doesn't look like something David Carson would do, well, not in my opinion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    It doesn't look like something David Carson would do, well, not in my opinion.
    lol

so they brought in one guy to do one thing while everything else was Carson? And we've never heard about it all this time....on THIS board of all places?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There's that photo from 98-ish of all the alternate covers up on the wall, with the different plants instead of the kangaroo paw. Was Carson involved at that point? Might have been Rob.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    There's that photo from 98-ish of all the alternate covers up on the wall, with the different plants instead of the kangaroo paw. Was Carson involved at that point? Might have been Rob.
    My guess would go with Rob too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wow. Random. I wonder why he's uncredited.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    he was a silent angel.. there, but in the shadows. forever keeping himself hidden, for to cast light upon him shall doom him to impermanence. now he must retreat even further.......

he also directed a kid rock video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rob is such a nice guy! I wonder why he isn't around this time.

Certainly the TDTWWA single wasn't Carsons work, typography, layout and aestethics don't match at all with The Fragile's album artwork WITT & ITTV singles covers.

Considering the link between the conceptual imagery used on TDTWWA and subsequent TF era releases with Caron on board. I wonder if Carson just kept going in the direction stablished by Hales or if was Trent's idea from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It was mentioned here a few years ago http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...-day-the-world

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Speaking of techniques, whats the story with the muffled, underwater sounding sections of the album cut of 10 Miles High and The Way Out is Through?

I know there are more songs that use the effect on TF so feel free to add them to the discussion.
    Don't know if this is specifically the effect you are talking about, but some of the manipulated, processed noises on The Fragile were done in weird little PC apps like AudioMulch, which I remember sound designer Keith Hillebrandt specifically being a fan of using. I played around with it a bit at the time on his recommendation and got some of those recessed, indistinct, machine-like vocal tones by patching all sorts of weird delays and filters together in that thing.
    Last edited by botley; 01-30-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't know if this is specifically the effect you are talking about, but some of the manipulated, processed noises on The Fragile were done in weird little PC apps like AudioMulch, which I remember sound designer Keith Hillebrandt specifically being a fan of using. I played around with it a bit at the time on his recommendation and got some of those recessed, indistinct, machine-like vocal tones by patching all sorts of weird delays and filters together in that thing.
    i think some of what rollinger is talking about can even be achieved by simple EQ filtering. even just putting an LPF on the whole mix at around 2kHz and 24dB/oct, you'll get a similar sound.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Actually I'm pretty sure those effects were achieved by simply recording the band from behind a closed door!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Anyone know where I can, in these sad post-remix.nin.com days, get my hands on excellent quality files of the Keith Hillebrandt versions of "No, You Don't" and "The Fragile" that were hosted on nin.com back in '99?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...tracks_in_one/

The Hillebrant version of No, You Dont is awesome

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think I've got them on my computer, along with remixes that combine the versions. Send me a PM in the morning if nobody else has linked you by then, I'm AFK at the moment.