Page 69 of 216 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Which albums have the best sound on vinyl? I just finished going through HM, and it was really fantastic, a very noticeable improvement from the digital sources, whereas after going through The Slip, it sounded great still, but far more minor in terms of difference in quality. Besides those two, what are the best on vinyl (excluding The Fragile because I am no millionaire)?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Also, in the early days of NIN, he and Rich Patrick used to make out when they wanted to piss off bigoted types.
    Yeah, that's what they told the press for images' sake.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Which albums have the best sound on vinyl? I just finished going through HM, and it was really fantastic, a very noticeable improvement from the digital sources, whereas after going through The Slip, it sounded great still, but far more minor in terms of difference in quality. Besides those two, what are the best on vinyl (excluding The Fragile because I am no millionaire)?
    i think With Teeth sounds pretty freakin' fantastic on vinyl.

TDS on vinyl isn't really properly done, but i still love listening to it on vinyl.

i have year zero on vinyl but i don't like that album so i've never listened to my vinyl copy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    how much homo sex, on a scale of 1 to homo, were trent and co involved in during the, oh, i don't know, sin video days, or running around with brian warner and co days.
    seriously, dude? you couldn't have thought of a better way to ask that question that didn't sound so homophobic and asinine?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    seriously, dude? you couldn't have thought of a better way to ask that question that didn't sound so homophobic and asinine?
    dude, the last thing i am is homophobic.
    it was a direct quote from a tv show i watched earlier that day...grey's anatomy...
    as far as asinine, i talk stupidly quite a bit because it makes me laff. i can't really help it.

as far as being homophobic, lolz, i fall into the aforementioned "i really love women but don't dislike men" category.

"on a scale of 1 to homo" is funny to me. it just is. why so tense?
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-29-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Speaking of homophobic, given the sort of comments I've heard him make in interviews "hurr hurr, you have naked guy pics on your computer hurr hurr", I doubt Trent put his penis anywhere near those guys.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    If you find the harmonic distortion on vinyl pleasant then any of em really.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Could someone PM me the vocals from In This Twilight from Year Zero, from the YZR data disk?

I don't have my disk with me

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Is there a complete list of all the "easter eggs" that exist across the NIN catalogue? I was reading this article earlier today and it got me thinking, because that's the first I've ever heard of speeding up "Erased, Over, Out". The joke made me laugh a lot harder than it should have as well

I know of most of the stuff in relation to Year Zero and the CD itself, etc. but I was wondering how much more I may have missed.
    Play Things Falling Apart backwards and it's one long full length remix of Starfuckers, secretly titled "Starfuckers, Inc. (Why The Fuck Did We Create So Many Versions)? (Version)".

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Are there any photos of Trust Obey's "Hands of Ash" CD with the sticker with Trent's quote "Not a great commercial potential"?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    someone on nin.com forum showed the thing, i'll try to find direct link...

--update--
    found a rather blurry group picture with it, it's by user @Pdhot65ton - maybe he could take another picture ☻

--update 2--
    photo from an ebay auction
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 05-01-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: something

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I checked out that Trust Obey album a few years ago. I think by "Not a great commercial potential" what he was trying to say was its a boring, generic, derivative record that's not very good. IMHO

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How do people generally interpret the title "Gone, Still"?

I've always thought of it as two seperate words: Gone (as in no longer here) and Still (as in not moving, rigid).

But just now I looked at it and was thinking that it's referring to something still being gone. As in "Gone... still".

How have you always read it? I think I looked at it as the former thinking that it was referencing the name of the album it's on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I read it as the subject remains gone, that they are still gone. Never thought to interpret it your way, now I'm confused...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How do people generally interpret the title "Gone, Still"?

I've always thought of it as two seperate words: Gone (as in no longer here) and Still (as in not moving, rigid).

But just now I looked at it and was thinking that it's referring to something still being gone. As in "Gone... still".

How have you always read it? I think I looked at it as the former thinking that it was referencing the name of the album it's on.
    always the latter for me

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I read it as the subject remains gone, that they are still gone. Never thought to interpret it your way, now I'm confused...
    Cause you know, Nine Inch Nails: Live; Nine Inch Nails: Still

That's what made me think of it that way I think.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Then again, there's the big question: is it nine nails, one inch long, or a bunch of nails, all nine inches long

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Then again, there's the big question: is it nine nails, one inch long, or a bunch of nails, all nine inches long

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I always thought NIN was nine inch long "finger" nails for years, until I saw my friends Absolute Nothing poster with the big nail in the empty absolute vodka bottle. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dreamer View Post
    You mean the Details article http://nin-pages.de/1995_Details_April_english.htm
    The exact quote is: "I think about giving head, though. I don't know why I'm saying this, but I think about that. I'd be good at giving head, because I know what...(laughs)...I mean, no one knows how to jack yourself off better than yourself, you know?"
    And: "I mean, I really love women. I don't dislike men, and there's many times I've thought about it."
    lol, Trent said that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    I always thought NIN was nine inch long "finger" nails for years...
    Data trails
    Like fingernails
    Scratch across the sky
    Hard to know
    Figure out
    Tell the truth from lies

if that song isn't proof, i don't know what is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The chorus for Various Methods of Escape sounds like this: "I've gotta let go, I've gotta get straight", but on the booklet and on the NINWiki, there's an "it" in there that I can't hear at all in the track. (ex "I've gotta let it go"), then in the last chorus whatever he says sounds completely different from what he was saying before. Am I crazy or is something amiss here?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Kirra View Post
    The chorus for Various Methods of Escape sounds like this: "I've gotta let go, I've gotta get straight", but on the booklet and on the NINWiki, there's an "it" in there that I can't hear at all in the track. (ex "I've gotta let it go"), then in the last chorus whatever he says sounds completely different from what he was saying before. Am I crazy or is something amiss here?
    It's common for lyrics in final songs to not match the booklet's lyrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, I realize that, but I was wondering if everybody was with me on that one. Even the NINWiki doesn't say anything and usually includes lyric changes from the booklet to the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, I realize that, but I was wondering if everybody was with me on that one. Even the NINWiki doesn't say anything and usually includes lyric changes from the booklet to the song.
    I don't hear 'it' either.
    And in the last chorus, it sounds like 'got to let him go' to me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I don't hear the "it" either.

If it means anything to you (it does to me), the AA saying is "let go and let god"

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    lol, Trent said that?
    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    lol, Trent said that?
    makes you wonder what went on with manson during those lonely nights at the tate house

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    makes you wonder what went on with manson during those lonely nights at the tate house
    I believe Trent and Tori Amos and a raw chicken and a lot of drugs were somehow involved too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    There's some anecdote about fingering/abusing a comatose fat goth girl in one of Manson's autobiographies