Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Does the NIN filehub still exist?
    Is this what you mean?

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, I'm doing a presentation on artists who inspire me, and I'm including a short section on Rob Sheridan because I absolutely love his Fragile-era work. Only problem is, I'm not sure what all he is credited with, other than the live performance work. I know he did the album artwork for TFA, did he do all of the promo art for it (including the TV commercials and TDTWWA "music video" which is in a similar style)? As well as for AATCHB? I know he did not do the album or promo art for The Fragile.
    I would ask him himself, but this is last minute (presentation and paper are due tomorrow morning).

Edit: also, seeing as his updated portfolio site doesn't seem to have ANY TFA work on it, if anyone has high quality pics (or vids if they are indeed his work) that would help SO MUCH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    So, I'm doing a presentation on artists who inspire me, and I'm including a short section on Rob Sheridan because I absolutely love his Fragile-era work. Only problem is, I'm not sure what all he is credited with, other than the live performance work. I know he did the album artwork for TFA, did he do all of the promo art for it (including the TV commercials and TDTWWA "music video" which is in a similar style)? As well as for AATCHB? I know he did not do the album or promo art for The Fragile.
    I would ask him himself, but this is last minute (presentation and paper are due tomorrow morning).

Edit: also, seeing as his updated portfolio site doesn't seem to have ANY TFA work on it, if anyone has high quality pics (or vids if they are indeed his work) that would help SO MUCH.
    YOu could try contacting him via his twitter, but I know he is on his honeymoon right now so I am guessing getting an answer may be hard. Other than that I would try NINWiki or I am sure Sheepdean knows.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    YOu could try contacting him via his twitter, but I know he is on his honeymoon right now so I am guessing getting an answer may be hard. Other than that I would try NINWiki or I am sure Sheepdean knows.
    I've asked him art/photography related questions on twitter before and never gotten a reply, so asking on his honeymoon is not going to help. NINwiki only credits album art, no promo art. Doesn't give any credit for the TDTWWA video on AATCHB either. Though Rob's site credits the video still art as being from someone else's video, I'm talking the shallow depth of field plant life art mostly.
    Sheepdean, where are you an your infinite wisdom?

Edit: searching for Rob himself on ninwiki does give credit for TFA commercial (I'm guessing taht means only the TFA commercial and not the 99 or TF commercials) Which I guess would link him to all of the TFA promo art?
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 10-02-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First off -- Thanks for the forum and this thread!

Does anyone know if 'The Downward Spiral' got its name from a fan contest to name the album? ...I met a guy that told a story of a guy that won a bunch of swag for submitting the title to TR.. He also said that the contest winner had been published in an industry magazine of the period, but he wasn't sure which one.

It's a good story, but I've never heard of this and don't see anything about it online.. Is it true and, if so, does anyone know in what magazine the contest winner was published?

-Moe Green

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was listening to 10 Miles High (Version) and during the quiet bridge, starting around 3:32 to 3:48, I noticed that there's a sample of what seems to be a woman's choir. It sounds to me like they're singing either "invocation indication situation complication salvation" or "a vacation in the Cajun situation complication salvation". I really have no idea.

Surely this has been noticed before. Does anyone know where it's originally from?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    I was listening to 10 Miles High (Version) and during the quiet bridge, starting around 3:32 to 3:48, I noticed that there's a sample of what seems to be a woman's choir. It sounds to me like they're singing either "invocation indication situation complication salvation" or "a vacation in the Cajun situation complication salvation". I really have no idea.

Surely this has been noticed before. Does anyone know where it's originally from?
    Doesn't sound anything like a women's choir to me. It's just Trent, I'm sure.
    I always heard this [a similar interpretation is on ninwiki]:

My nightmare's everywhere but inside
    A living indication of every situation but it seems
    I've got neglected complication
    Hindered my salvation
    but I try and I try and I try

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anybody else get the feeling that the "hau-hau-haunted" vocals at the start of the live version of "Came Back Haunted" are some sort of pre-recorded sample?

EDIT: I mean, it almost sounded like Trent was both saying "Thank you" and singing "hau-hau-haunted" at the same time today at Rock-n-heim.
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 08-18-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Does anybody else get the feeling that the "hau-hau-haunted" vocals at the start of the live version of "Came Back Haunted" are some sort of pre-recorded sample?
    I thought that was kinda obvious actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the exhibitA.wav recording that was originally on the www.exterminal.net site? Every time I click on it it says that the page is not found. Even when I clicked on the audio clip for it at http://www.ninwiki.com/Exterminal it says error 404 page not found. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this. An inverted version of Capital G and whatever the combination was as a final result would be interesting to hear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if it's possible to view an uncensored version of the Starfuckers music video? I have the feeling that it was made to be censored and the raw footage was completely edited. But if anyone somehow found some footage it would be great to see it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to view an uncensored version of the Starfuckers music video? I have the feeling that it was made to be censored and the raw footage was completely edited. But if anyone somehow found some footage it would be great to see it.
    You know, I have seen the uncensored version before, but it appears good old Vevo pulled it. There's really not much to it other than unblurred swear words - and unpopular opinion, I think the song Starsuckers is better anyway :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm pretty interested in Pre-NIN Trent (Option 30, Exotic Birds etc.), but I haven't been able to find afull Option 30 studio album torrent anywhere, and don't get me started on the outrageous prices that CD goes for. Does anyone know of a source for a DL? If someone does, a PM would be appreciated.

(I know that the album doesn't have a CC license, but from what I understand no one really owns the rights to it anymore so it technically wouldn't be stealing. I may be wrong about no one owning it, and if I am tell me about it.)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm pretty interested in Pre-NIN Trent (Option 30, Exotic Birds etc.), but I haven't been able to find afull Option 30 studio album torrent anywhere, and don't get me started on the outrageous prices that CD goes for. Does anyone know of a source for a DL? If someone does, a PM would be appreciated.

(I know that the album doesn't have a CC license, but from what I understand no one really owns the rights to it anymore so it technically wouldn't be stealing. I may be wrong about no one owning it, and if I am tell me about it.)
    I'll put together a FLAC download unless someone beats me to it. I missed the boat on it back in '97 and I've only seen it on eBay once.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I'll put together a FLAC download unless someone beats me to it. I missed the boat on it back in '97 and I've only seen it on eBay once.
    Awesome, thanks!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Technically, it would be stealing. Copyright endures for a minimum of 70 years in the U.S. Even if it's not clear where currently, the copyright interest lies with someone for that material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in the bonus video of closure, they show a small snippet of behind the scenes of the perfect drug music video, does anybody know what song plays during the start of that footage? vimeo.com/65914235 footage starts at 24:37

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex31 View Post
    in the bonus video of closure, they show a small snippet of behind the scenes of the perfect drug music video, does anybody know what song plays during the start of that footage? vimeo.com/65914235 footage starts at 24:37
    It's Aphrodite remix of The Perfect Drug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks, i'd been looking for this for a while

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got a random Nine Inch Nails Question. I noticed that Trent has used a particular 3 chord chord progression in at least three of his songs. The progression is heard in the chorus of these songs: The Beginning of the End, The Big Come Down, and Came Back Haunted.

Has anyone noticed that? I wonder if Trent does it on purpose or what because it's kind of funny. I guess with all the music he's made and by sticking to 3 or 4 chord progressions, there's only so much variation you can put in without sounding weird.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 09-30-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    I got a random Nine Inch Nails Question. I noticed that Trent has used a particular 3 chord chord progression in at least three of his songs. The progression is heard in the chorus of these songs: The Beginning of the End, The Big Come Down, and Came Back Haunted.

Has anyone noticed that? I wonder if Trent does it on purpose or what because it's kind of funny. I guess with all the music he's made and by sticking to 3 or 4 chord progressions, there's only so much variation you can put in without sounding weird.
    A lot of NIN songs are really formulaic when you break down the pieces. But so is a lot of pop music (I'm looking at you, I-IV-V). The special NINgredient (I'll show myself out) has always been the presentation.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    A lot of NIN songs are really formulaic when you break down the pieces. But so is a lot of pop music (I'm looking at you, I-IV-V).
    So is a lot of a lot of music.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why Trent often puts so much detail into his music? I mean in Hesitation Marks, it's like every instrument has a "second or third version of itself" that sounds just slightly different; every snare has a punchier or clapish feel as the song progresses, every melody has a couple instruments following it, so on...

This kind of variation and detail is something I've only heard in so much music; Artists like Fever Ray, Blonde Redhead (Penny Sparkle more specifically).

What is his vision? Where did the ideas come from?
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 11-07-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why Trent puts so much detail into his music these days? I mean in Hesitation Marks, it's like every instrument has a "second or third version of itself" that sounds just slightly different; every snare has a punchier or clapish feel as the song progresses, every melody has a couple instruments following it, so on...

This kind of variation and detail is something I've only heard in so much music; Artists like Fever Ray, Blonde Redhead (Penny Sparkle more specifically).

What is his vision?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why Trent puts so much detail into his music these days? I mean in Hesitation Marks, it's like every instrument has a "second or third version of itself" that sounds just slightly different; every snare has a punchier or clapish feel as the song progresses, every melody has a couple instruments following it, so on...

What is his vision?
    He's a better musician than he was, with a strong team, and the time and money to be able to do little things like that. Every artist grows

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

What is his vision?
    endless repetition with subtle changes (with the occasional huge change). it's "I Do Not Want This" extrapolated into entire albums, and presumably a consequence of how AR arranges TR's ideas — it may actually be AR's vision guiding the things you pointed out. obviously, it was Flood and TR for IDNWT, though, so it's not like TR takes the back seat: they're co-pilots.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone have individual song artwork for the Hesitation Marks album? (I'm talkin' about the pictures that have the lyrics on them too) I think I downloaded it somewhere, then deleted it because the folder also had flac audios which at the time I couldn't play.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Who is Briana Mae Reznor? Trent's sister? Wasn't Trent Reznor an only child?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Who is Briana Mae Reznor? Trent's sister? Wasn't Trent Reznor an only child?
    Check out ninwiki, he had a younger sister called Tera. Briana may be his niece? I know his nephew was a mic tech or something on the last tour as someone linked to his instagram