Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    is the NIN discord any good?
    Depends on what you look for in a community. For me at times it's a bit too much like reddit. Corny af humour and same trivia ad nauseam.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    There's a small Nine Inch Nails story here at 27:50, but with no names being named, I didn't get it at all. WTF happened to whom? Any native speaker help?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kinda sounds like Richard Patrick/Filter

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There's a small Nine Inch Nails story here at 27:50, but with no names being named, I didn't get it at all. WTF happened to whom? Any native speaker help?

Here's the doc he's talking about. From some comments, it looks like Richard Patrick talks about not liking the pay or treatment he got on tour with NIN but then putting his band under similar conditions while touring with Filter.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4026034/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent has said recently he has no interest in making anymore Ninch Inch Nails....Is this real??
    https://metalinjection.net/news/tren...ine-inch-nails
    Last edited by ZeroisGreg; 06-22-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Trent has said recently he has no interest in making anymore Ninch Inch Nails....
    https://metalinjection.net/news/tren...ine-inch-nails
    Nope. Clickbait nonsense, especially if you listen to the full interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I see. Are you referring to the Rick Rubin podcast? Listening now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    sIRzZWl.png

What are these things on Chris' kit? I assume electronic pads or just triggers with N (no) and Y (yes) on them? Like to turn on and off some samples running in the background? Or is it something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They look like just regular Roland-style drum triggers with tape on them. You can see them in another shot but with different tape placement -- https://www.goerie.com/gcdn/presto/2...renna_live.JPG

They could easily be rigged up to start / stop samples running, or just trigger samples. That's a pretty common mode and technique that drum pads like those are used for.

Ever since I saw the big rack of samplers right next to Chris in the MOTP video I always thought he was in charge of syncing all the backing tracks to his drums for the rest of the stage; so that "on / off" theory could definitely be applicable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My 10-year-old wants to know:

Is it nine one-inch nails or is it nails that are nine inches long?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    My 10-year-old wants to know:

Is it nine one-inch nails or is it nails that are nine inches long?
    It will always and forever be: The right nail for the right job.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    can anyone link me to a download of the niggy tardust survivalism remix that actually has saul's original lyrics, not the yearzeroremixed version? the one that i think was only on myspace? (lol.) i assume it's ok to ask for since it was never officially released, and i was listening to YZR last night and realized that version isn't in my library anymore...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That version was officially released on the UK vinyl single.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So this one?

"survivalism_opalheartclinic_niggy_tardust(escaped. .." (on the 9" vinyl)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I remember years ago around the time the Definitive Editions came out the versions of NIN albums on iTunes/Apple Music got reuploaded with updated artwork, explicit tags etc - does anyone knows if the masters were changed or updated too (maybe replaced with the DE ones in case of Broken, TDS, The Fragile) or are they the still original releases?

Just wondering because I reset my iCloud Music Library and getting the definitive edition NIN tracks to either all match or upload has always been the bane of my existence. It's a 50/50 chance if a song will match or upload instead and the inconsistency bugs me. Even if the difference might not be audible I KNOW and it bugs me which is dumb but that's the way my damn brain is wired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I remember years ago around the time the Definitive Editions came out the versions of NIN albums on iTunes/Apple Music got reuploaded with updated artwork, explicit tags etc - does anyone knows if the masters were changed or updated too (maybe replaced with the DE ones in case of Broken, TDS, The Fragile) or are they the still original releases?

Just wondering because I reset my iCloud Music Library and getting the definitive edition NIN tracks to either all match or upload has always been the bane of my existence. It's a 50/50 chance if a song will match or upload instead and the inconsistency bugs me. Even if the difference might not be audible I KNOW and it bugs me which is dumb but that's the way my damn brain is wired.
    pretty sure they’re the original releases - i remember being annoyed by the peaking bass in the definite version of all of the love in the world so i kept the streaming version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post

literally why I turned match off. I care about the count being right in iTunes but I don't care enough to have it a) not work 75% of the time and b) suck up so much bandwidth to upload/match my 600+ GB music library.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    literally why I turned match off. I care about the count being right in iTunes but I don't care enough to have it a) not work 75% of the time and b) suck up so much bandwidth to upload/match my 600+ GB music library.
    It's such a pain in the ass.
    Most of the time I don't mind if there's a mix of matching and uploading but for stuff where there are tracks crossfading into each other like a lot of NIN ones or there are a lot of different mixes/masters (the DEs, Hesitation Marks audiophile master etc) and it's not correct it bugs me immensely. The Frail into The Wretched with the AAAAAAAAs and there's a split second gap of silence? No thanks!

There is a trick where your source file is 16/96khz it forces an upload and Apple does a decent enough job of resampling it back to 44.1 but the flip side of that is you only have the lossless source files on the host device where you uploaded the song and the lossy version elsewhere while if you can get a match its lossless everywhere.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just wish there were a way to tell it "no thanks, I don't need it to match anything" but still get the benefits of that feature otherwise. Just...god my internet that month was boned so hard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    I notice Earache Records are now selling a long sleeve dip dyed NIN shirt
    Question, and no knock on TR: Is NIN logo being licensed to a lot of clothing stores now?

I see Nirvana shirts everywhere. Will I start seeing NIN shirts everywhere? I mean, that's amazing that I can buy NIN shirts in a lot of places that's not nin.com, but lately I've been seeing a lot of shops that I've never heard of selling unique NIN shirts that were never officially previously made, nor sold at nin.com

My point being, I still remember the subculture of music that made fun of bootleg shirts worn by users, including TR himself. How can you even differentiate bootleg anymore if everyone starts carrying NIN shirts? Does it even matter anymore?

Doesn't it make you feel better?

(I'm all up for NIN becoming an apparel statement brand like Supreme lol).

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw a NIN shirt at Forever 21 the other day, I was like whaaa....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yeah I saw a NIN shirt at Forever 21 the other day, I was like whaaa....
    Lol! Oh man. The T-shirt is preettttyyyy, but the long sleeve one though, it's okay...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    well seeing as at this point that's the same as being unreleased, my question still stands...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Question, and no knock on TR: Is NIN logo being licensed to a lot of clothing stores now?

I see Nirvana shirts everywhere. Will I start seeing NIN shirts everywhere? I mean, that's amazing that I can buy NIN shirts in a lot of places that's not nin.com, but lately I've been seeing a lot of shops that I've never heard of selling unique NIN shirts that were never officially previously made, nor sold at nin.com

My point being, I still remember the subculture of music that made fun of bootleg shirts worn by users, including TR himself. How can you even differentiate bootleg anymore if everyone starts carrying NIN shirts? Does it even matter anymore?

Doesn't it make you feel better?

(I'm all up for NIN becoming an apparel statement brand like Supreme lol).
    JC Penney was carrying a NIN shirt about 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone know when Spin Magazine reviewed Pretty Hate Machine? Anyone have a scan of it? It's not on the Hotline's archives, and I'm curious when they reviewed it because the hype sticker on early copies has the quote "raw, uncalculated, seductive" and I'm wondering when the earliest that sticker would have been available. There is an interview from Feb 1990 that mentions those words (https://www.theninhotline.com/archiv...cle.php?id=535) so I'm guessing it was before that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I'm fairly certain the Feb 1990 issue is where the quote originated as I searched an online magazine repository (maybe Google books?) from August 1989-February 1990 for adverts and reviews. If I can remember where the online source was, I'll post a screenshot.

Regardless, I don't think the hype sticker was manufactured before February '90. There may have been some kind of media push in early 1990 as PHM entered Billboard's Top Pop Album chart the week ending February 10, 1990. *edit* It dropped off the Top 200 chart in November 1990 & reported sales were uncharted until it made it to the Pop Catalog chart June 1991 (with sales tracked by SoundScan).

Yeah, it was Google Books Page 11. Jan 1990 page 18
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-11-2023 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm fairly certain the Feb 1990 issue is where the quote originated as I searched an online magazine repository (maybe Google books?) from August 1989-February 1990 for adverts and reviews. If I can remember where the online source was, I'll post a screenshot.

Regardless, I don't think the hype sticker was manufactured before February '90. There may have been some kind of media push in early 1990 as PHM entered Billboard's Top Pop Album chart the week ending February 10, 1990. *edit* It dropped off the Top 200 chart in November 1990 & reported sales were uncharted until it made it to the Pop Catalog chart June 1991 (with sales tracked by SoundScan).

Yeah, it was Google Books Page 11. Jan 1990 page 18
    Thanks for digging that up! I had no idea back issues like that were available on Google like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    which song ends live with trent singing a long descending line that’s just “ohohohohoh”?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    which song ends live with trent singing a long descending line that’s just “ohohohohoh”?
    Discipline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Discipline
    that’s it, thanks!