I haven't been really keeping up with everything Mac recently. I've had two generations of mac pros however, with the last being my 2006 model. I am having a weird problem where when my mac turns off or goes to sleep, my monitor's backlight stays on but monitor 2's shuts off. So, instead of replacing the monitor, I am thinking it might just be time for a new computer. I have an iPad 2 so I am leaning more towards switching to an iMac and I don't really like working on laptops, anyway. I mainly do graphic design on it and sometimes video and photo editing as well.

I love having dual monitors, but I think if I went with a 27" imac, that'd be plenty of desktop space for me. The 21.5" is appealing because of the price, but think in the long run, I would be happiest with the 27". I also have all 4 of the hard drive bays full of video/music/photos, etc. I think I would just pull those bays and get an external enclosure for them (I think they make that?)

I also have an apple TV and a PS3 that I do a lot of streaming from. Someday I may want to pick up gaming again (one of the other reasons I'd like to switch, my current computer has a hard time processing even facebook games when there's a lot of graphics on screen, and had a lot of trouble with SC II when I tried the beta a while ago). I also don't think it's an HD video card.

Otherwise, my gf does homework on my computer and I use it occasionally as well for web surfing.

Given this info, does the iMac sound like the best choice? Also, should I wait to buy? How new was the latest iMac revamp? I understand Mountain Lion is coming, and I haven't even gotten around to getting Lion yet. Thanks in advance for any input!