Thread: The Apple Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    ^^ Curious, do you use the Kindle for reading just because you already had it when you got the iPad or some other reason? I
    You can't see shit on an iPad outdoors in the sun. The glare is ridiculous. Also, I read in bed at night and the backlit iPad keeps me awake longer (computer lighting fools your body into thinking it's still daytime or something which I've found to be really true, personally). If I'm not reading a physical book, I read Kindle at night before sleep, never iPad.

I have an original iPad and have zero interest in upgrading right now. I don't need facetime or a camera on my iPad and for what I use it for, the processor is fast enough.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-22-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question:

We recently got some new iMacs at work in our graphics department, but our company runs on a PC Server. We have LOADS of files on the network, which is shared by at least 50-60 other people. I feel anytime we have to access the server, it feels like I am on an ancient piece of hardware. I think I have a resolution which would involve getting an external hard drive or some small server to run between the 5 of us here in graphics, that would only store our customer files. I wonder though, if we do have some sort of file server that would allow only the 5 of us access, do you think that would greatly improve our performance? Also, we would need to still have access to the PC server for email/internet/etc, and is that still possible? Thanks!