Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm downloading Mavericks and it's kinda taking forever. I think the NSA is slowing down my internet tonight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    So... What's different with Mavericks? I haven't noticed anything yet other than Maps & iBooks being added to and promptly removed from my dock, and some of my GeekTool stuff stopped working.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    So... What's different with Mavericks? I haven't noticed anything yet other than Maps & iBooks being added to and promptly removed from my dock, and some of my GeekTool stuff stopped working.
    A lot of it is under-the-hood stuff — more efficient use of memory, things that extend battery life, etc. If you use more than one monitor, it's freaking awesome. Scrolling is smooth as hell. Calendar isn't ugly anymore.

Plus, there are lots of new bugs!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Safari 6.1 sucks ass. Why did they swap the placement of New tab and New Window when right-clicking? Now I do it subconsciously by clicking the second option; I always open up a new window. Frustrating!

The shit is also glitchy and spurs the rainbow wheel every time I click on something. I had to uninstall GLIMS to fix it. Seems to work 100% fine now though.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Great. Now iPhoto is not working. I'm not gonna risk getting kicked out of my online class session until afterwards to do the updates. Ugh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Great. Now iPhoto is not working. I'm not gonna risk getting kicked out of my online class session until afterwards to do the updates. Ugh.
    iPhoto didn't get upgraded with Mavericks, you have to get the download from the app store for some reason. Same thing with iMovie.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    iPhoto didn't get upgraded with Mavericks, you have to get the download from the app store for some reason. Same thing with iMovie.
    Yeah. I'm in the middle of 7 updates. I hope this gets all updated before I go to bed.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

I can't wait to order that new Mac Pro. Picking up a new retina MacBook Pro this week.

Wheeeeee

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Windows 8.1 being incompatible with my display drivers on my laptop was the last straw for me. Getting a 2011 17'' MBP in January. 1TB second hard drive, max out the RAM, maybe an SSD if I can swing it, gonna make it a monster.

Relatively, that is. It's going to be over two years old by the time I get it, but the prices are dropping and I don't really need Retina yet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Is anybody else noticing everything runs a bit slower now? It takes ages for me to launch & close applications most applications, even getting through the Settings seemed a bit sluggish.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

We're looking to sell our late 2011 MacBook Pro if anyone is interested

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I thought it was just me who thought that.

So, after the fact that I downloaded Mavericks, I get this message from my university telling me not to download it because they don't know how Class Live Pro (my online platform for school) would work. Oops. Too late.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Just picked up a new iPad air. This beast is ace.

Waiting for my new MacBook retina to get delivered too.

It's the year of upgrades for me.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'm going to buy anything this year. Much as I want to upgrade my MBP, I'm not convinced that Intel's GPUs are up to driving a retina machine. And on the iOS side, they're putting extra pressure on the RAM because of all that 64-bit code … I don't wanna go back to the days when my iPad 1 would shut Spotify down every 30 minutes because of low memory.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Haven't had any issues so far. Only thing I might do is return it for a 32 gigger.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Oh, definitely. Unless you're a total ascetic, I don't see how anyone could get away with less than 32GB.

Much as I wish they would put more flash in the low end models, at least we have the option of paying the extra $100. RAM, on the other hand, is whatever they decide to give us this year. You've got four times the pixels and a 64-bit OS, but only double the memory? Boggles the mind.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think i may actually get an iPhone 4s, as it seems one can purchase them at target for $250. Im on virgin mobile and other than a galaxy which is stupid expensive imo this seems like a pretty good deal to me. I hope this isn't a slippery slope of apple teet suckling i feel coming on. However if the hardware is worthwhile i'll go with it. This MBP hasn't done me wrong yet though i think the battery may be wearing out some but it is two years old and i have used the shit out of it in that time. Also should i make the purchase should i upgrade to iOS 7 or leave it at whatever it has, due to the 4s being somewhat outdated?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I think i may actually get an iPhone 4s, as it seems one can purchase them at target for $250. Im on virgin mobile and other than a galaxy which is stupid expensive imo this seems like a pretty good deal to me. I hope this isn't a slippery slope of apple teet suckling i feel coming on. However if the hardware is worthwhile i'll go with it. This MBP hasn't done me wrong yet though i think the battery may be wearing out some but it is two years old and i have used the shit out of it in that time. Also should i make the purchase should i upgrade to iOS 7 or leave it at whatever it has, due to the 4s being somewhat outdated?
    Buying a 4S new at Target will give you iOS 7 automatically, I believe.

If not, upgrade anyway. The 4S can handle the animations nicely and if they bother you, you can turn them off. Plus, I personally think the icons look much nicer now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

it had 5 on it but i am currently updating. Took me a bit to get it activated etc., but now it seems to be working. Now i just need to play with it some to figure out how it works. It's a fair bit different that android that's for sure. Im also not looking forward to manually putting in all my phone numbers but whatever.

So anyone having issues with Tapatalk? It hits the load screen than just closes. I just bought the pro version i haven't updated my phone yet so maybe that is it.

I got it sorted.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Buying a 4S new at Target will give you iOS 7 automatically, I believe.

If not, upgrade anyway. The 4S can handle the animations nicely and if they bother you, you can turn them off. Plus, I personally think the icons look much nicer now.
    I can run iOS7 on my 4 with no problems at all, I'm sure the 4S will handle it just as well. My brother bought a 4S last month that came with iOS6 though, so you may need to upgrade it once you get home.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Had some issues,voice options,some lag but I read that resting helps, it seems to have sorted out the issue. It's my first "nice" phone, as well as an iPhone, so it's a decent upgrade over the budget ones I've had before. Can't complain, once I get used to it I'm sure I'll like it. Like I said for the price it's hard to pass up, especially not on contract.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-05-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Has anyone had success playing flac's on their iPhone? What app?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i messed around with installing various different things that were supposed to make flacs play in itunes/sync to my phone for hours but nothing worked so i ended up converting them all which i really wanted to avoid but couldn't seem to get around it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So i had to change my account password have since spent the last two hours fighting with this keychain shit. Ive tried about everything i've found on the support links but it's still giving me hassle. Any tips as this is really starting to piss me off. thanx.

So i deleted the files in the library, it seems to have stopped the annoying screens from popping up. Any tips i would still certainly accept.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm so fucking pissed. All of a sudden, my camera doesn't work on my iPhone 5. I have tried rebooting it several times to no avail. I have scheduled an appointment with the Apple store but from what I was reading, there is not much they can do other than to tell me that I have to buy another phone (my phone is out of warranty). Grrrrrrr.......

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Mac that I'd been threatening to get for three months has finally arrived, and my God, I love it. Mid-2010 17'' Pro with an anti-glare screen because that's what I found the cheapest on eBay. I'm very, very happy with this switch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I still get some flack but I love my mbp. Not perfect and I'm In no way a fanboy but I still love it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I really like iTunes Radio, but when I set up a nine inch nails station, the first song was Ruiner, then a Disturbed song, then an Orgy song. Sigh.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Converted to 4S a few weeks ago when I was offered a phone upgrade. NEVER LOOKING BACK.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm probably picking up a new MacBook Pro 15" this weekend. I'll be using Windows 8 on it as much or more than OS X, anyone else using Win 7 or 8 on a newer Mac? Thoughts? I'm really looking forward to this even though I'm not thrilled to spend so much on a computer. Oh well, between the build quality, battery life and DISPLAY (!!!!!), I'm sold.