Page 111 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    just got offered an internship for my winter break in Morocco! December sounds like the perfect time to be in the Desert!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So this shit cracked me up.
    There was a Jay Z/ Big Sean concert for hillary, and it was covered on CBSN. I figured he'd play "run this town" and "dirt off my shoulders" and the new york one...you know, shit that isn't full of cuss words. And i was joking with my wife "what if he came on and played "WHAT'S MY MOTHERFUCKIN NAME (Jigga) AND WHO I'm ROLLIN WITH? My ni-ggas!"

And RIGHT ON CUE, when the coverage started, he was playing that fucking song LOLOLOLOL. And he played other songs that said fuck and motherfucker and nigga, just loud and proud, unedited, uncensored. Had you played a drinking game where you drank every time he said fuck or nigga, you'd be dead.

I have never seen anything like that on a news station.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    just got offered an internship for my winter break in Morocco! December sounds like the perfect time to be in the Desert!
    I bet you didn't draw a dick inside a supermarket fridge though!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I bet you didn't draw a dick inside a supermarket fridge though!
    nope,you got me beat there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got told that the bit of track i'm working on was used for the train scene in mission impossible 1, found it quite interesting for being out in the middle of nowhere

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Deleted Facebook app from my phone and logging out any time I check it on my laptop. Decided I am putting myself on a strict "check once per day - if that" just to peek around until the smoke of the election clears. I highly recommend it!

Now off to hang some chair rail in the dining room.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Changed jobs 6 months ago. Decided to go in to real estate appraisal. Passed my Trainee Licensure exam on Saturday morning. I can no appraise homes as a trainee. 2 years from now, I will be eligible for full licensure.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Changed jobs 6 months ago. Decided to go in to real estate appraisal. Passed my Trainee Licensure exam on Saturday morning. I can no appraise homes as a trainee. 2 years from now, I will be eligible for full licensure.
    you have had more (successful) jobs than anyone i know. i'm glad that you have the drive to keep finding things you're interested in and make them happen. will definitely be talking to you if sarah and i can ever afford a house haha.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    [IMG][/IMG]

This guy. He came with my wife, but he is decidedly my dog now.
    I have never been this close to an animal. He is a 90lb american bulldog. He is INSANELY smart, takes every step i take, and when i am with him-like say if Lore is asleep and he is awake, i seriously don't feel alone. He seems to be able to sense when one of us is sad and tries to comfort us. The fucker insists on sleeping in bed with us, lol. I've never been a "dog person" and never would have purchased such an animal, but i cannot put into words how utterly fucking amazing he is. Sometimes i take a step back and think "this thing is a ferocious fucking BEAST with huge, sharp teeth, and i have a super close relationship with him where we cuddle and he rides in the car with me and i buy him snacks" and this thought boggles my mind. He is my homeboy. He is pretty much my best friend.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Bought a car. My decision.

A bit disturbing how easy it was to get a loan.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you have had more (successful) jobs than anyone i know. i'm glad that you have the drive to keep finding things you're interested in and make them happen. will definitely be talking to you if sarah and i can ever afford a house haha.
    Man, the list of jobs that I have had is embarrassingly long. The issue is I refuse to settle for something just because it's "Good enough" I want a job that I like, and that will allow me to live comfortably and buy a place of my own.

This one might be it. The process to get the license is super long, hard, and costly. But the potential on the back end is awesome. You can work as little or as much as you want, your potential income is literally in your hands and you can do with it what you please.

But let's also be honest I have had maybe 3 successful jobs. I just bounced around retail for waaaay too long.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, in trans circles the term "boy mode fail" is something many of us want to happen. It basically means that we get gendered female while we are out in guy mode (obviously the opposite for trans men).

I never, ever thought it would happen to me. And then, today, it did. A lady called me 'ma'am." I was coming home from work. I was in completely guy mode.

It didn't just make my day. It made my week.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    This Spring, on a whim, I applied to a university here in NYC that has a program directed at people who started, but never finished their degrees. I never thought I would get accepted, and I never thought I would be able to afford it.

I got accepted, and after completing a Summer class, and wrapping up this Fall semester, I FINALLY got in touch with my advisor for the first goddamn time. We switched up two of my Spring classes, which leaves me with a schedule that looks like this:

WORLD CULTURE & GLOBAL ISSUE SPANISH WINTER 2017
    BIOLOGICAL BASES OF BEHAVIOR PSY 210 SPRING 2017
    LEARNING & COGNITION PSY 230 SPRING 2017
    ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE/LEADERSHIP ORGD 340 SPRING 2017
    ADVANCED RESEARCH METHODS PSY 302 SPRING 2017
    POLITICS & GOVERNMENT OF NYC
    OR
    TRANSFORMATIONS OF WORK IN AMERICA
    POL 201
    OR
    SOC 250
    SUMMER 2017
    STATISTICAL METHODS PSY 301 SUMMER 2017
    WRITING AT WORK COM 201 FALL 2017
    PSYCHOLOGY OF WORK PSY 315 FALL 2017
    RISK AND RESILIENCE PSY 330 FALL 2017
    CAPSTONE PSY 499 FALL 2017

I'm going to do it. I'm actually going to fucking graduate next year. I never thought this would happen, and I'm actually starting to look at grad school as a possibility(a BA is Psychology is basically still jobs in the $15 - $20/ hour range, if you're lucky). This all kinda depends on that POL or SOC class being available in the Summer, though... The other one is confirmed.

I can't believe it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I knew you could do it. I remember you talking about wanting to go back. I'm glad you did. Good work, Sarah!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My annual tradition of watching Planes, Trains, And Automobiles on Thanksgiving.

A classic on many levels.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Finally getting proper broadband in this area.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    My annual tradition of watching Planes, Trains, And Automobiles on Thanksgiving.

A classic on many levels.
    i love that movie so much but the end makes me cry uncontrollably.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My mom had to work all day so I spent Thanksgiving by myself today, which I thought was going to suck but turned out surprisingly good.

I started the day by talking on the phone with my best friend for a bit. I really needed that and it was a great way to start the day. Talked to another close friend later, watched some Netflix and am topping it off with a nice steak for dinner. Not a bad way to start a four day weekend.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i feel weird being happy that someone's dead, but Fidel Castro's death is worth celebrating.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I made a goal to lose 50 pounds this year, and started working on it in the beginning of February. I weighed two weeks ago and was .2 pounds short of my goal for the year.

But I weighed again today, and I had lost 7.8. So now I am at 57.6 pounds lost since February.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    this should be cross posted to little things that simultaneously bum you out lol
    the school picture school bus frame (y'all remember those, right?) that i bought when my oldest was in day care is now full.
    omg.
    i remember putting his j.k. pic in there and thinking "wow. so many years to fill." and now, here we are, all full.
    i need a little "side car" dual photo for grade 11 and 12, so technically the bus is full too early (it starts at grd.1 instead of j.k.)...buuuuut...it is only 2 years until he is done highschool. holy fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Donating money to Wikipedia toward their annual fund drive. As somebody who does research pretty much all day every day, and who vividly remembers the tedious days before the internet as we know it, nothing makes me happier than forking over some shekels toward the goodness of the ad-free Wikipedia. I highly encourage all to feel the joy in doing the same, even if it's $5 bucks paid via your Amazon account.

Happy Holidays

Edit: oh, and I highly recommend the feel-good experience of donating to your local food banks, and maybe throw a few bucks toward a no-kill animal shelter, and maybe the ACLU and the AIDS Foundation, maybe do it all in honor of your loved ones.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's looking like I'll be driving here soon. Hopefully by the end of January I'll be mobile again after like 4 years.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    playlists, bluetooth, and ipod all working for a change time to hit the "y"
    -louie

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I am reasonably sure I made a good impression on my new boss. This is a rarity for me so I'll definitely take it. Usually, they think I'm too outspoken (I don't play politics) or my tendency to tangent annoys them.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-08-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    one of my eye brows is starting to go silver.
    it is kind of funny looking, but kind of neat.
    why do i have a feeling only one will go fully silver and one will stay dark?
    lol.
    aging. whadda riot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    one of my eye brows is starting to go silver.
    it is kind of funny looking, but kind of neat.
    why do i have a feeling only one will go fully silver and one will stay dark?
    lol.
    aging. whadda riot.
    i can not wait to start going grey. i want salt & pepper hair and a salt & pepper beard and then i think i'll finally find that dude i see in the mirror attractive.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I am fascinated by my gray hair that's come in a LOT over the last year. It is super crazy shiny. I haven't colored my hair since February because I am obsessed with this silver hair. Haha. Five years ago, it terrified me. Now I don't care.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Print 6/25.

I was so distracted by all of the NIN happenings today that I completely forgot that this beautiful piece of art was arriving today.

I learned of Jermaine Rogers via NIN stuff, so it is fitting. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie.

That just so perfectly sums of my life and journey this year.

"There are no magic roads that lead to 'everything you've always dreamed of.' There are no wizards with all of the answers that will make your life a success. 'Life' is off the road, out in the mud, and the weeds and the woods. It's not all pretty, and it's not paved: you'll have to do a little work and a lot of thinking for yourself. But you'll sleep better. Still, if you do choose to follow one of the countless yellow-brick-roads out there, make sure you bring a chair. It gets tiring going in circles."
    I set two huge goals for myself, and I accomplished both of them, with some huge fucking bumps in the road along the way. This print is just so fucking special to me. I am so happy to have it in my life.