Page 62 of 182 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Well I got my injections: 3 yesterday and 3 today. It was the most painful experience of my life. last night, however, my back pain started up but NOT THE TREATED SIDE. now these treatments are not the permanent solution... The main intention is to find out if my body will be responsive to a much more painful and invasive procedure called a rhi
    Rhizotomy in which the nerves that come from the spinal cord are cauterized... Just burned away so they can't hurt anymore. What sucks about this is that you have to be awake while they fuck with your nerves to see which ones hurt the worst. As scary as this is, if it works, it gives me a new lease on life

I

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post but I'm on a cell. The other cheerful thing is that I'm at my beloved fifth season hotel. I am close enough to just walk a few steps from my door to the hot tub. I've been coming here 25 years plus, and the nostalgia factor is unreal

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    May start working again on Friday, even if i kind of dorked my interview due to sickness and it's accompanying mental lethargy.

On a similar note, i really need to get a resume together.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well I got my injections: 3 yesterday and 3 today. It was the most painful experience of my life. last night, however, my back pain started up but NOT THE TREATED SIDE. now these treatments are not the permanent solution... The main intention is to find out if my body will be responsive to a much more painful and invasive procedure called a rhi
    Rhizotomy in which the nerves that come from the spinal cord are cauterized... Just burned away so they can't hurt anymore. What sucks about this is that you have to be awake while they fuck with your nerves to see which ones hurt the worst. As scary as this is, if it works, it gives me a new lease on life

I
    Yeeesh. That all sounds terrible. Is all this from a specific injury? I had a minor back issue which ice, rest, chiro, yoga, massage, and a bit of strength training has really helped me.
    @Pillfred I've got some kick ass resume tips if you need em. Even in your biz, I have to believe LinkedIn is used too, yes?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I has job! And a new pair of shoes.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've been working on a novel for a few years now (I did a first draft of another one inbetween drafts of this one, so it's not as long as it sounds, or maybe it is, who knows), and am on what I'm pretty sure is going to be my final draft (or at least final draft where there's a drastic amount of changes and alterations), and yesterday I sat down and wrote 7,000 words. It felt incredibly fantastic, I don't think I've ever done that much in one sitting in my whole life, and I've been writing as a hobby since I was a kid.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    sorry y'all
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-28-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: ets is HARD to work on the mobile!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yeeesh. That all sounds terrible. Is all this from a specific injury? I had a minor back issue which ice, rest, chiro, yoga, massage, and a bit of strength training has really helped me.
    in may of 12, i fell asleep at the wheel doing about 90, unassed the highway and flipped the car five times.
    We were amazed to walk away with our lives.
    But i got scoliosis, herniated discs, the onset of degenerative joint disease, and some other things.
    it has made it to where i can't work...can't hardly do SHIT. THAT is why i have been on ets so much.

Once i have the rhizeotomy, i should be able to work again.

Fun fact...the night of that wreck was my first date with the woman who became my wife.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Chinese food with soda or iced coffee. I was just reminded as to how much I liked Chinese food after mostly having pizzas and burgers over the past several years.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Boss just up and says, "Fuck, I need a break. Everybody gets the day off. Get out of here, fuckers" and walks out the door.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    http://justshows.com/toronto/venues/pepsi-pop-up/689/

uss next friday!!!!!!!

gods above and below, if tokyo police club is playing soon i will achieve my concert bucket list and can die. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Boss just up and says, "Fuck, I need a break. Everybody gets the day off. Get out of here, fuckers" and walks out the door.
    Similar idea, but it was planned earlier in the week. Same sentiment I think though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been in a funny mood all day. I weighed myself and gained 2kg (4.4lb) and I was so upset. I went to the gym and lifted weights to NIN. I don't know what song was playing, but the music was just depressing and getting me down. So I thought, fuck it, I will change the music and I put on the Rocky theme. I was more motivated to lift weights listening to the Rocky theme and it put a smile on my face.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hb13161705 View Post
    I've been in a funny mood all day. I weighed myself and gained 2kg (4.4lb) and I was so upset. I went to the gym and lifted weights to NIN. I don't know what song was playing, but the music was just depressing and getting me down. So I thought, fuck it, I will change the music and I put on the Rocky theme. I was more motivated to lift weights listening to the Rocky theme and it put a smile on my face.
    Keep in mind that if you lift weights regularly, then your weight will be going up out of muscle growth. It's not always a negative thing!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I just located my missing AIR dog-tags! Wish I'd found them before the show last November...

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Still in Amarillo at this lovely hotel.

I got some blue color contacts and some green ones.
    I love it! i'm the type of person who is really into things matching...if i start collecting these contacts, i can make my eyes match my plugs (i have 16 pair) and my shirts.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Factories repurposed into other things. For example, the Tate Modern museum in London (which used to be a power station) or this shopping centre I'm in now (which used to be a brick factory).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    A-Grade moderation. I've been like this for the last twenty minutes -

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    Factories repurposed into other things. For example, the Tate Modern museum in London (which used to be a power station) or this shopping centre I'm in now (which used to be a brick factory).
    I live in an old shoe factory. The sky lights are enormous. It's like living on the sun sometimes.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    A-Grade moderation. I've been like this for the last twenty minutes -

No one was banned.
    <3

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    No one was banned.
    <3
    1) Your voluntary leave of absence from the board sure was short, considering you were the worst offender in the event.

2) <3 is a strange way of spelling "Yet."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    No one was banned.
    <3

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty much teh whole day. All of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay! I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow to attend a medical radiation sciences conference. Originally I was a radiation therapist, but since coming back from working overseas six years ago I've attended eighteen interviews and have not succeeded in landing one job, much to my despair and frustration. I'm considering studying diagnostic radiography next year which is the other stream of medical radiation science and this conference is the perfect opportunity to suss out the radiography profession and to find out if job prospects are any better than in radiation therapy. Yay, I'm so excited to be going.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Playing video games with friends. Even if I can only seem to do it at parties, I still love it. I don't think I'd ever outgrow that.

And well, just doing what I want to do.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-03-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Seeing people under 25 settling down and getting their shit together. I just find that to be very comforting and inspiring, as it seems like a great way to start life.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My friend called me tonight, and is probably going to come out here over Thanksgiving. I haven't had any visitors since I've been here! I saw my mom in January when she was in Jersey for business. But nobody has come to see me yet, and it's been almost a year!

She was going to come here on my birthday, but I'll be out of town. I really, really hope that it works out! It would be so awesome to have someone come visit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Okay, so this could technically be a sign of the apocalypse but ... I somehow scored 22nd row tix for GARTH BROOKS on Friday for his final (11th) 10:30 pm show for $65 each (wtf) and I am actually pretty excited about this, lol.

See this: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...725-story.html

I didn't even know he was touring, but G came home from work and said "did you hear that Garth Brooks sold out TEN fucking shows at the Allstate?" And I said Garth Brooks is touring??? He said yeah, and another 11th show is going on sale. So I got on the computer, found the new date, 10:30 show? Wtf. 22nd row? Even bigger wtf. So now we're seeing Garth Brooks.