Page 14 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have this keen sense I'm being groomed for yet another promotion at work but not likely this year. Things are looking up.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I have this keen sense I'm being groomed for yet another promotion at work but not likely this year. Things are looking up.
    Sweet.

I made 40% of my quota in the first 3 months of the year which gave me a nice spiff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My friend's chihuahua is chillin' in my lap.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My conference talk was accepted! Going to Austin in July.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    My conference talk was accepted! Going to Austin in July.
    Austin in July? That's punishment. Hawt.
    Congratulations anyways

I'm cheered by last minute plans. It's the second time this month I've just texted a friend in the morning asking them out for lunch later in the day and they're like "hell yeahs".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Annalise from ANTM cycle 18. I am falling in love with her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of all the places in the world, I live in an area slated to get the best view of the eclipse today. I'm going to have to sneak outside for a break to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished my second year of uni! 3 month summer stretches out in front of me, followed by a year living in la belle France. And I just booked tickets to my first gig for when I'm there (Garbage in Paris), which is finally making it feel real!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Congrats! I miss that feeling of being in the school grind and then going on summer break. I've been on break since December. :P Doesn't feel the same!

This cheers me up. Really cool idea!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everything I've studied for an X amount years boils down to tomorrows 40 minute public talk. After that, no more Uni, no more deadlines (at least school related); and the best part: no more student projects! 40 minutes to end it all with a bang.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Congrats!! That's such a good feeling!

I still vividly remember dropping off my final English Capstone essay at Dr Wilcox's office, and I walked back to my car and it wasn't until I got into my car to drive away that it REALLY hit me: I'M DONE, I DID IT! And I was screaming in my car, hahaha. :-)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ranting. I forgot how good it felt. Especially after the couple of days I had.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    One of my best friends for the last 6 years or so just came to me and told me she was packing up some stuff in a couple months and just leaving for California to start a new life outside of Kansas. And she invited me to come with her.

Which is awesome, for a ton of reasons. But I've been SO into her for...years. Almost as long as we've been friends. And since we met, one of us has always been in another relationship. Now both of us are single, and she wants me to come with her to California. If I ever felt like there was a time for me to make my move, this is it. On one hand, I'd be jumping into a completely different life (which I'm FUCKING excited for, honestly), and it'll be with someone I know I can trust 100%. But on the other hand, if I don't go, I'm only going to be around her for a couple more months, and I'd want to spend my time with her as much as I can before she leaves.

Oi. I'm nervous. I feel like I need to take a breath, collect my nerves and just fucking do something. I might not get another chance to just take a jump like this.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    If you don't go with her, you'll always wonder 'what if.'

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    If you don't go with her, you'll always wonder 'what if.'
    This is the correct answer. Unless she's a total headcase, of course.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    This is the correct answer. Unless she's a total headcase, of course.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. I just feel like I need to be careful with it, because I don't want to get myself too excited at the idea of being WITH her while we're over there, and then have her say she just wants things to stay how they are between us (which would be fine, because she really is an awesome friend). Either way, I WANT to go. Just gotta make the plan and hope my nerves keep up long enough and I don't chicken out at the last minute! But I'm excited for it. I'm ready for a change.

Also, kinda unrelated, but my parents just told me that we (me, mom, dad, and four siblings) are all gonna go to Washington DC July 5th through 10th. I know, we should be there on the 4th, but my brother's friend's uncle invited us all to his huge 4th of July Barbeque he throws every year, so we're gonna go to that. This is also awesome because it's only gonna be two or three days after I get back from my road trip to see Puscifer in Arizona. I was thinking about making it a bit of a soul searching trip, too, ya know? Just do some new things and meet people. Just be in a new place for a few days. Maybe go camping. Something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though its quite hot and there's no AC in my car, this kid in the car next to me was rocking out to some metal. That made everything better.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Alrea, you've been given a dream scenario. I'd tell her you want to go with her, and move in for the kill. If it works, the excitement! A new city, relationship, life. If she rejects the romantic advance, you can tell her you misread the situation. No awkwardness or loss of friendship since shes leaving. Your better off staying if that's the case, because think of how shitty it would be to go with her, and have her abandon you for some new guy she falls for when you get there. Then your alone and pissed off in a place absolutely foreign to you.

If the change of scenery is that important for you, make the trek on your own at the right time, and drop her a friendly line when you get down there so you have a familiar face in the area, this time without all the romantic tension that would surely get in the way if you went down with her now as a friend, one who you wanted to be more with but could never make the move.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's exactly what's making me so hesitant! :\ She's busy, so I'm not asking her about it yet. But things will definitely be talked about before I decide to go anywhere. Because I'm not gonna try to go across the country to be a third wheel.

Edit: Well, we had our talk before I went to work. The short version is, she's not into me, and we've been friends for so long that she can really only see me as an older brother type of friend, which is fine. I'm not like, heartbroken that we she doesn't feel the same way, because I was kinda prepared for that as a possibility. But it is kind of a bummer. Anyway, we're still great friends, and with both of us being so busy with things lately, we're just gonna keep on going with things like we always have. Not in a "let's force this awkwardly to be normal" way, but more of a "Hey, at least we're still great friends" way. If I'm still feeling up to going with her after the first of the year, then maybe I will. I wouldn't be opposed to going.

You know, if anything, it feels better than I thought it would to have gotten that off my chest. It feels like that part of me liking her kinda got some closure out of it. Kinda like knowing that something most likely won't happen makes me feel like I can let it go a bit, ya know? Our friendship isn't even any different after we talked. We went on to just jabber for 4 hours like we usually do. So maybe I will go and still just be friends with her. I'll just wait and see how things go, I guess. Still some other exciting things to look forward to over the next several months! Road trip to see Puscifer in Arizona, seeing Thrice in Nebraska with my buddy Ryan (Known better as Tasisity around here), moving upstate, new school, new faces, new job. Tons to be excited for.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Learning to play new songs on my guitar cheers me up It's a lot easier when I'm learning songs I like instead of Greenday.

If you're curious, I'm learning "No Way" and "The Source" by The Naked and Famous and "Miss Blue" by Filter. Both are pretty simple, but I'm essentially starting over again after not playing for a year, and even then I was a beginner.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I saw a shooting star tonight. You don't see those too often (at least I haven't).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picnic season! Getting ready to go to the park and have a BBQ picnic with some new friends. Swell.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I saw a shooting star tonight. You don't see those too often (at least I haven't).
    One of the best parts of SDCC last summer was a beach party me and the gang attended, and as we were leaving a shitload of fireworks started going off several miles away. It was cool but then a big meteor streaked overhead. Me and johnbron looked at each other and were like "DUUUUUUUUUDE! Fuck the fireworks, that was so much cooler!"

Also, the weather here is stellar right now, which means more pretty girls in sundresses/not much!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, now it looks like the California plan is getting worked out! We're moving to Burbank, and so far it's me, my female friend, an old friend I grew up with, and two of his friends, one of which I know from swim team.

If everything works out, this could be one hell of a life changer. I'm pretty excited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to Etsy I now smell like gingerbread cookies :3

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    got a kindle!!!!! i named it "alexandria".

(get it get it get it the library of alexandria! i'm so clever.)

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Fresh alaskan halibut, budweiser, and listening to my grandpa and his seven brothers talk about "The Good 'Ol Days." They really are the greatest generation.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    got a kindle!!!!! i named it "alexandria".

(get it get it get it the library of alexandria! i'm so clever.)
    Hehehe, I named my external hard drive "Charlene" because movie geek.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When the Fooly Cooly blu-ray is cheaper than the Fooly Cooly DVD on amazon, you buy that shit. AND it's projected to come in the day before the original delivery date.