Page 104 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5443

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm digging the scroll effects; bravo!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm getting ready for an evening with two of my colleagues from my hospital ward.
    Two of the best people I ever met and the only reason I am still working there.
    ...and I rediscovered the awesomeness of Emocore, once again (I do so every year)...good old days...

young, without a single clue and happily depressed all the time.

Useless funfact: I got interested in NIN because of Trents emo haircut and I bought AATCHB and WT without listening to it in the store.
    Thanks to the emo time in my life for making me discover NIN :P

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I'm digging the scroll effects; bravo!
    my kids will love it.
    my adult siblings will love it.
    lol.
    who could not love it???

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    preface this with: i have a sick sense of humour.

my mom and sister went to vegas last week. apparently my mom was getting suckered into a facial at some shop...my sister told the shop owner: she has sensitive skin, you cannot put a mask on her. she is not buying anything. don't waste your time...but mom had to stay and talk. so little sister leaves and tells mother: back in 20 minutes. she comes back and sees my mom outside the shop...with a mime white face...wide eyed and twisty hands. turns out she got the mask applied, somehow pulled her credit card out and is now worried he charged the card. now, i know i shouldn't find this funny...my mom is far too trusting...buuuuuuuuuut i can't stop laughing at the image of her with mime face, pacing on the strip.
    THEN...leaving vegas airport, my mom sets off a scanner. she is pulled aside and told "the machine says there is metal in your vagina". she tries to joke about how disuse, old age, etc, but still gets felt up UNDER HER CLOTHES by a female customs agent. rofl.
    i probably wouldn't find this as funny were it not for the way my sister, first, told me these two tales...and then hearing my mom's perspective...and my family is kind of warped anyway.
    oh what i would give for a photo of her in that face mask.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    XD
    everytime i scroll, it's like i'm in 8th grade again.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, a couple of weeks after my first laser hair removal treatment on my face, I can actually feel a difference! My stubble feels considerably less full. Now that I've seen how much I've lost after only one session I can't wait to find out what happens after the second session. Crazy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My wife gave birth today to another beautiful girl, my eldest has named her Ellie, we're all over the moon

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Taking a little ride on this would certainly cheer me up

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    When really big, heavy, grey rain clouds are in the sky. The feeling of impending doom/apocalypse somehow puts me at peace.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The latest beta of MP3tag supports .wav files... it's about time!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    in tech for the play i've been working on, and (so far) it's 100% the least stressful tech week i've ever been part of. i think it helps that most of my work is done before tech starts, but this director is also super nice, loves my work, and hasn't been a demanding dick like so many other directors i've worked with in the past.

i'm still eating/sleeping terribly, though, as is the curse of tech week haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Today I found out that Maynard James Keenan is releasing an autobiography. This is going to be delicious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My weekend starts tomorrow. After 11 days of working straight through I'll have a long weekend.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    working with a boss that i mesh with, two jobs and four bosses... i get along famously with two, and it's enough to keep me going.

also sneezing like 10 times in a row, it's been a while, quite euphoric. spring in sac is no joke.

annnnnnnnnd this song, but especially this vid:

"you just sucked a dick..."
    Last edited by ldopa; 04-15-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my band's album came in on cassette today! limited edition (nickelodeon) orange, only 50 copies!

$10 on our bandcamp page http://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    seven days, one whole week of sobriety in the bag.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    That's fantastic! Do that again!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    congrats! i'm rooting for you!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    My nephew is the cutest 2 year old kid ever... he was having a little bit of a tantrum today, so I tried to distract him from his woes by playing around on the piano... When I started into the Halloween Theme he ran over smiling and started playing along.

I'm not sure if I'm red in the face because I'm sunburnt as hell (which I am) or if I'm overcome by the cuteness...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Internet news about kickstart Commodore C64 "remake" reminded me of this older article about father playing old games with his small son:
    https://medium.com/message/playing-w...7c3#.vqqgmp4t5
    Somehow that cheered me up, including the first paragraph. :-D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good deal. Keep it up. One day at a time is what it takes. They'll add up to weeks, months and years, eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Springtime in general cheers me up. It's a time of renewal, of new beginnings and opportunities. i suppose I'm not too hard to please, but the prospect of fresh homegrown strawberries does it for me every year.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Good deal. Keep it up. One day at a time is what it takes. They'll add up to weeks, months and years, eventually.
    thank you. day nine. it's only taken that long to recognize myself in the mirror again. i feel like the worst part is behind me and i appreciate all the support from the board. double digits tomorrow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm in tech week for a play right now that i've put a lot of work into (sound & music, as well as helping all around with other things). we had tech last week monday-wednesday night, and then this week sunday-wednesday night.

well, i had a crazy intense day of work yesterday (to which i rode my bike), and by the time i got home with 20 minutes to spare before i needed to be at the theater. i texted the director and told him i was having trouble functioning properly (not an exaggeration) and he said "oh, you don't need to come tonight. you're the only designer who has been on the mark with everything. have a good night!"

so my wife (who also had a rough day) and i got to treat ourselves to a delicious dinner and just relax for the rest of the evening.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post.

the soundtrack for the show i've been working on is up on my bandcamp!

Taste by Everson Poe

any money i would normally get to keep goes to Red Theater (the company putting on the play), a non-profit theater company which is dedicated to free theater for everyone. think of it as making a donation and getting something in return!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last weekend I traveled up to Humboldt County in northwestern California for the first time since 2013 (when I graduated from Humboldt State University with my Wildlife Management Degree) for the 21st Annual Godwit Days Birding Festival. The keynote speaker this year was none other than David Sibley, author of The Sibley Guide to Birds and basically the most famous American birder in our time, but Humboldt was my home for 4 years, so I would've returned to see my friends there (mostly other birders themselves, among them the founder of Godwit Days) eventually with or without the draw of a celebrity birder. Naturally, I met and conversed with Sibley and got him to sign a newly bought copy of his Sibley Birds West guide, but on Saturday (before his keynote speech that evening), while leading a "big day" for about 18 other birders, my group ran into Sibley and his "birding with the keynote speaker" group, and I gave Sibley a tip about some very cooperative Red Crossbills we'd just seen further down the trail at the Arcata Marsh. Apparently, as one of the birders on that trip told me the next morning, they saw the crossbills. Either way: I gave a birding tip to David Sibley!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So i got a letter in the mail that said that my old bank account hadn't had any activity in over 3 years and it was about to be closed and the money given to the state, or i could request to have a check mailed to me.
    I was fucked up out of my mind 4 years ago and left my entire life in dallas, bank account included. I did go back for awhile, but i never thought about the bank.
    I assumed there was only a few dollars in there, but it was over $400
    I was on unemployment at the time and didn't spend my last payment.

So. hot damn! And i also won $100 on a scratch ticket the other day, which i normally refrain from buying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Heading home after a week of working away, can't wait to see the wife and kids