Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (what cheers you up) It's really an unimportant "little thing", but when I notice that some info in forums or e-mails was pasted from the Internet because the font changes. :-) That's what notepad.exe is good for.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Officially locked in at a crazy as hell low mortgage rate on the same day I got my annual raise. An extra $140 per month overall never hurt anyone!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There is a good chance that I will be moving in with my friend. It would be amazing. She has a hell of a deal on rent, so I would pay the same to live with someone I like as opposed to 4 people I don't really know. AND, it's TWO BLOCKS from my work. That would be great.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well, tomorrow is the day. Hopefully, after they get this faulty gallbladder out of me, a lot of the awfulness I've been feeling for a long time will be gone. We'll see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally some time to myself.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 04-17-2015 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Yeah...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    being able to order cell salts and homeopathic meds direct from german pharmacies!!! woo hoo.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    The Star Wars thread. I only watched the films. I thought I was reading sarcasm, but this shit is realz.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Formula 1, Moto GP, BTCC, WTCC, IndyCars - all motorsport series I follow in one weekend, yay! :-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Strange Day, atm random foods I acquired.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I think I'm recovering ahead of schedule. I just don't want to overdo it. It's day five, and I have regained normal moving ability (sitting down, standing up, bending to grab something, etc). Last night I slept better too because I could finally lay on my sides with minimal pain. I only used two of the painkillers over the last five days as well.
    I've been eating normally since day two, so that's been great too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My mechanics were having a hard time finding a part for my car. It's 20 years old now, so not surprising.

After I posted on reddit to see if anybody had suggestions, someone asked if my VIN had a K in it -- if it did, there was a 50/50 chance he'd helped to build my car. I love the Internet. (My car's VIN does have a K. heh)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Internet, because it knows I'm not nuts when I accidentally say a movie is "rated GP." Not nuts or dyslexic, just getting old, LOL.

(from "Love Story")

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Opening the radio, hearing The Safety Dance which immediately made me think of @theruiner.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    For those of you into vaping:

I got this at walmart and it is bringing me so much joy. The cartomizers for it are ridiculously expensive, but i learned how to refill them.
    This is the platinum pack. It comes with two batteries and three cartomizers. Also, the little carrying case is a mobile charger. You plug it in and charge the "pack" itself. Then you can charge the little batteries without having to plug in.

The coolest part is that these things are on clearance. Instead of 60, i got it for 15. I also got a third battery and a 5 pack of cartomizers...all on clearance.

I still use my big aspire vaporizer, but i ADORE this thing. it's like carrying a real pack of smokes. and since you can refill the cartomizers, (look it up on youtube if you are interested,) then you can make it whatever flavor/nicotine strength you like.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    http://shop.hrc.org/jewelry-watches/...lapel-pin.html

Just picked up this lapel pin to go on my tux at my wedding. We picked up our marriage license today and it just struck me how so many people aren't able to do that, and that's fucked. Told my fiancé I was doing it expecting a little pushback because it could be considered tacky by some but I was ESTATIC when she actually got happy when I mentioned it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My son is growing like a weed!! Almost 9 weeks old and already 11lbs 10oz! At his checkup the nurse said he's advanced for his age, and he's already trying to turn over and is able to hold his head up pretty well. He's gonna be in a Jolly Jumper damn soon!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    My son is growing like a weed!! Almost 9 weeks old and already 11lbs 10oz! At his checkup the nurse said he's advanced for his age, and he's already trying to turn over and is able to hold his head up pretty well. He's gonna be in a Jolly Jumper damn soon!
    Wait, SHE HAD THE BABY? I musta missed that! Congrats!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Thanks! Yep, March 1st, 2015! Good birthday date, that...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    All the awesome kids are Pisces.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ha that's my Dad's bday (3/1).

I still can't believe you"re actually married and have a baby. Surreal. ;-)
    Last edited by allegro; 05-01-2015 at 08:02 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I think I finally figured out the cause of my horrible nightly leg cramps: calcium deficiency.

Last weekend and the first few days of this week were awful cramp wise. I woke up multiple times a night with my feet or legs cramping up. It was driving me crazy. Then in the middle of the week I started to make sure to drink a glass of milk every night (I have to be careful about my potassium intake and milk is pretty high in potassium so I can't have very much and have been avoiding it) and maybe it's a coincidence but the last three nights that I've been drinking it I haven't had a single cramp. Not even a minor one.

I really hope this finally solves the problem for good because I've been dealing with this for almost a year and it SUCKS.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my best friend and i finally got tattoos together. she's basically my sister (she was my best person at my wedding) and we've known each other for 16 years, which is insane. (if you want to see them, they're over in the tattoos thread)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Passed my driving test, woo! . Had lessons on and off for two years, such a relief to pass first time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Twining's Sleep blend. It's great, this is what I imagine liquid tasty Valium is like <3.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Seeing later sunsets in the spring and summer along with the warmth and/or coolness they have to offer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Our condo got delayed and we can't get in until May 19th. So after a week of couch surfing with our friends (with all of our stuff at the in-laws boxed up), my wife's parents' friends say 'fuck that, we're going to Korea for three weeks...you'll house sit our place.'

A 1.1 million dollar penthouse on the ocean.

"I....I love you, Ken."
    "And all the booze better be gone by the time we get back."
    "......I mean....I love you."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Our boat was launched yesterday and is in our slip in Kenosha. Our next-door-neighbor has his 27' boat on the driveway and he's cleaning it.

And we cleaned the garage yesterday and it looks AWESOME.

Today, we gardened in gorgeous weather.

Ahhhh, spring.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-02-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A simple shower after work.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I've had a few coworkers mention that they can tell I have lost weight. When I checked about a week ago I had lost 24 pounds (SO CLOSE to 25...so close). I then gained a couple back, but still. So I am hoping I'll be 25 pounds down soon. I have a lot to go but it's a damn good start. My clothes aren't fitting differently yet, which is kind of weird. And also the hormones can reshape your body a bit so at some point that could change the way clothes fit, too. So I've got both going on. ha ha

But yeah, it feels good. Definitely cheered me up this morning (which I needed).