Page 34 of 182 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Soap Stone is all so far, may try and get some alabaster here next time. Initially i just found some dust tiles at a thrift shop out with my buddy who's in to that sort of thing. But i just bought some off ebay a while back. Basically the kind of thing you find at a museum for kids.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In just more than one week, i get to go to TescoFest! The Dwarves, The Queers, Black Fag, Negative Approach, Nice Hooves, and of course, Tesco Vee's own THE MEATMEN.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nvm
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-22-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Female anatomy IS beautiful. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a dude!

Speaking of women, the other night, we were giving this girl on our staff (the cutest one, by the way!) a hard time because she went on twitter and said she had a dream she had sex with one of her co-workers that has a beard. Everyone deduced that it was one guy, buuut...turns out it was me. Long story short, we made out in my car last night, and made plans for her to come over tonight. BOOM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My vacation is officially over this monday, still, to make sure what hours I was supposed to work I called the office a minute ago and found out that I don't start till wednesday. This, changes, everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i have an adopted chinese sister, and i can safely say that asian babies are the cutest.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You need to train her to be this: http://thisisultimateprocrastination...st/44317193882

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    In just more than one week, i get to go to TescoFest! The Dwarves, The Queers, Black Fag, Negative Approach, Nice Hooves, and of course, Tesco Vee's own THE MEATMEN.
    Is that an extremely unfortunate (and somewhat offensive) typeo of Black Flag? Or is there actually a band called that?

Okay, little thing that cheers me up: cleaning my room and finding the per diem that I'd stashed away (to keep it safe from a potential intrusion) while I'd been home for one day between gigs. When you're packing up a super dusty room full of crap, sneezing your ass off, and suddenly you dump out your overflowing pen cup and find four Benjamins...goddamn, what a feeling.

I also found a bottle of Founders Breakfast Stout in the basement. How it's been there that long without being consumed is beyond me, but I'll be rectifying that shortly.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    20 years ago my mother gave me a blender as a gift. A freaking blender; it was a very "what the actual fuck" moment.

Today, I still have the thing and it's still working. I'm throwing random edible stuff it in, creating concoctions that I promptly name "smoothies". It's awesome.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is that an extremely unfortunate (and somewhat offensive) typeo of Black Flag? Or is there actually a band called that?
    Its 4 gay dudes covering Black Flag. No typos.

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    She got mad at me at dinner one day (i was instigating, probably) and she called me a round-eye. I was so proud of her that i couldnt be mad.
    Last edited by Big Fat Matt; 08-19-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty much this whole day once i left my hole down by the river. Been in a really shitty down state of mind lately due to the seemingly never ending string of shit that just won't let up. The fall out of years of what the kids these days call "not giving a fuck". Thats all well and fine to do but once you start to care again all that shit is just waiting in the wings.

Anywho, went to check my funds at the bank and ended up popping into a new barber shop downtown ran by a couple girls. The place had a nice retro vibe to it that i liked, got a good haircut and she even shaved my neck with a straight razor. Ended up getting some dinner with a buddy of mine and scored a ride into work for the meeting tonight which, as I'm a sucker for good intentions, left me tentatively optimistic about the place i have so vehemently shit upon recently. Also me and the boss man had a talk the other day which i commend him for, sort of.

Finally though probably not the best financial decision i got a new phone as my old one hit the deck pretty hard the other night and my old old phone was seriously painful to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, another job interview, good luck to me! Apparently Chipotle didn't want me, let's see if Starbucks is a go. Anything is better than Target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My cat is sunning himself against an empty beer bottle I'm using to prop open this one window and he seriously looks like he has a hangover. Also, I had a tar removal/clay bar/wax operation done to mycar and it looks fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Day two of three in a row of paid days off work. After a run, going to sit on my ass playing video games until the wife gets home and then go see how much red wine I can fit in my stomach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    then go see how much red wine I can fit in my stomach.
    if you cant get more than 2 liters in ya, then please lemme know what its like to be a lightweight 12 year old girl (read as; not a wino)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Taking a large (and cold) soda at the movies. Also, a cold beer before a concert.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Dungeons and Dragons day. Also, knowing that my largely 'hack n slash' group will most likely have a BLAST with the torrent of non-combat encounters they will be getting in coming weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the ability to once again drink my face off with fellow law students and lawyers is so exciting. cannot wait for bar review.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The crickets outside sound so awesome. One of my favorite summer sounds. I love going to sleep hearing them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's my birthday! Hooray.

I'm in the living room with my brother and Mom and we have Netflix on and watching Dinosaurs on in the background. Brings back great memories of being a kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merse View Post
    Hey, another job interview, good luck to me! Apparently Chipotle didn't want me, let's see if Starbucks is a go. Anything is better than Target.
    Yay! I'm now a Starbucks barista. I'm way too excited about working two jobs; I guess I like money more than I like free time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Free time is over rated. Having said that, I'm REALLY looking forward to having a few weeks off to move and then just lounge around and game and nap grow a big nasty bush beard after my final shift next week.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rediscovering Group X. fuck yes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just got a ticket for $25 on Stubhub to go see The Replacements' first show in 22 years at Riot Fest. I HATE festivals, but couldn't resist at that price. (Bonus: Freese is drumming.)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merse View Post
    Yay! I'm now a Starbucks barista. I'm way too excited about working two jobs; I guess I like money more than I like free time.
    Get down repeatable routine, don't agree to become a shift, and good luck with Playbook/La Boulange. Also, enjoy your health insurance.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Being able to come to terms with being different and alone most of the time has sort of cheered me up from time to time as it is one step further to me becoming more comfortable in my own skin while feeling freer. It took me so long to do that on the account that I was sometimes obsessed with the idea of fitting in and gaining some sort of popularity, and such an obsession was even more subtle than I thought, considering how I've struggled with people-pleasing. Granted, I still need to make amends and work on myself, but I suppose it's a start.

In other words, it just feels good to be myself, even when I am just by myself while being grateful. I have a feeling that this is one big step in the right direction in terms of moving on with my life as well. It all starts in the heart and the home, doesn't it?

I also think this is why I find NIN's Everything to be very relatable to me right now, and yes, Everything cheers me up too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Little things that cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Just got a ticket for $25 on Stubhub to go see The Replacements' first show in 22 years at Riot Fest. I HATE festivals, but couldn't resist at that price. (Bonus: Freese is drumming.)
    Jealous, though I did see them in '87. My sister kicks ass.

Also to sort of mirror what kris said above after a few weeks of stress and a weird bout of depression I've come to a similar place I think. I've gone these rounds before and each time it seems to help. Old as I am I thought I'd gotten past some of that shit but, I guess shit abounds.

That and I had a good chat with my daughter the other day. It's still really strange talking to a fifteen year old girl, who up until a couple years ago and a random fb message I didn't think existed (long Montel William's type story). But it's good to know she's doing well and doesn't appear to hate me.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Pillfred; 08-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Little things that cheer you up.

Derp double post...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking down and seeing my ring c:
    also, delicious sarpino's pizza. om nom fucking nom.
    also, also, not having to pay for ridic expensive law textbooks because all of my classmates/friends from last year are 2Ls. rrrad.