Page 171 of 182 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 5440

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

CLeaning my other modulars and resetting the LEGOville in general. Looking pretty nice.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok so.this CRACKS me up, and it's gonna be all over the hip hop internet in the morning, but Bizzy Bone's crazy ass nearly turned the Three Six Mafia vs Bone Thugs and Harmony Verzuz battle into an actual brawl.

I'm PRETTY sure the rest of the Bone crew wasn't overly happy with Bizzy, either.

He apologized to EVERYONE when he came back out, and stood there looking pissed for.awhile.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    even leap years have palindromes. I'm not going to see it, but hey.

lol

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Our little 2A football team goes to the State Championship at Texas Stadium if we win this next game!

(we moved from the Round of 8 to.the Round of 4 last night, for you soccer fans.)
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-04-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Last edited by MrLobster; 12-07-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    This started out as a things that piss you off item & ended up a little things that cheer you up item. Yesterday morning, my computer caught fire where the power cord plugs in. Molten plastic, you get the picture. I reacted fast so the fire was out quick (I'm a big believer in power strips). There is a store in Seattle called RE PC. They recycle electronics & refurbish computers. It's totally luck of the draw though as to what they have on hand. I lucked out this time. I got an older model Dell XPS that's about perfect for my needs for under $200. The new models are over $1000 more than that. This has really good sound & video features & is much faster than the computer that burned. I would much rather support this company than a box store or buy online. They also transferred the data to the new computer & recycled the old one for no charge. Just started playing with this computer. It has Windows 10 Pro but I'm going to go online & get Windows 11 later today. Although I didn't want to spend the money I'm pleased with how the affair turned out.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I want these Spice Girls shoes lol
    https://www.threadless.com/shop/@ego...r/womens/shoes

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, I've recently had someone new start renting out my spare room, and she's been really fantastic.

She keeps cooking for me even though I keep telling her she doesn't need to do that. I've had home-made Indian food every night since she moved in, I'm beyond lucky right now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The Stratford (tiny truckstop town and my ancestral home) Elks are going to the State Championship!
    You'll be able to see them on TV, playing at Texas Stadium, on the 16th (I think.)

Yes, Texas football is a stupid cliche, and creates a bunch of poor alcoholic bastards who peak in high school, dreaming of that one pass they threw, BUT...
    It's still kind of cool. We follow Elks Football; the stadium is right behind our house. We go to the games now and then.

And it's exciting that our team is going to the state finals: out of 1000 tiny shithole towns, the team of OUR kids is at LEAST second best.
    These are the kids that work at the truck stop and the Dollar General, etc.

I.know these kids.

This is kind of cool. Go Elks.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-09-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I love the rain, but it never rains in Los Angeles. Today, it's raining, it's gonna rain all day long, and I don't have anything to do but sit around here with all these cannabis infused drinks and cookies.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve watched this on repeat and can’t stop laughing

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’ve watched this on repeat and can’t stop laughing

A post shared by on

lmao.

Watch the one I posted above. I felt bad for the driver at the end because the cyclist was following him and egging him on, and in the wrong in the first place.

The way the pommy bloke keeps yelling “c’mere ya cunt” had me in stitches.

”Yeah, put your seat belt on.”

”Yeah, put your fuckin’ mouth… shut!”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lmao.

Watch the one I posted above. I felt bad for the driver at the end because the cyclist was following him and egging him on, and in the wrong in the first place.

The way the pommy bloke keeps yelling “c’mere ya cunt” had me in stitches.

”Yeah, put your seat belt on.”

”Yeah, put your fuckin’ mouth… shut!”
    You can’t do that shit here. You’ll get your head blown off. Road rage includes shooting, here.

Drivers get way too close to bikes. I used to bike to work and I swear cars were trying to hit me, like Bike Polo. Here in Illinois, bikes aren’t required to hug the curb because too much crud is near the curb. They can’t be in the middle of the lane like a car but they are allowed to be a few feet from the curb.

https://www.ilsos.gov/publications/p...s/dsd_a143.pdf

“Ride on the Right — Ride as close as practicable and safe to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway.”
    Last edited by allegro; 12-14-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    and in the wrong in the first place.
    That is absolutely not true. The driver definitely passed way too close. Cyclists are allowed use of the road, same as cars.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They can’t be in the middle of the lane like a car but they are allowed to be a few feet from the curb.
    Bikes are actually allowed FULL use of the road in most places. Not saying they SHOULD ride in the middle of the lane, but they're allowed to.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Bikes are actually allowed FULL use of the road in most places. Not saying they SHOULD ride in the middle of the lane, but they're allowed to.
    Not in the State of Illinois. “Ride as close as practicable and safe to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway” plus ride in the same direction of traffic, are not allowed on expressways, not always allowed two abreast, no more than two abreast, etc. Not the same as “allowed full use of the road.”
    Last edited by allegro; 12-14-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Not in the State of Illinois. “Ride as close as practicable and safe to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway” plus ride in the same direction of traffic, are not allowed on expressways, not always allowed two abreast, no more than two abreast, etc. Not the same as “allowed full use of the road.”
    It is though. That law exists in many places, and has consistently been interpreted to mean that bikers ultimately have the right to use the full lane when they determine driving far-to-right is not practicable, which it often isn't. Again, I agree that cyclists should stay as far to the right as they can. But sometimes they simply can't. I'm not a cyclist, but I have a lot of family and friends who are. I've literally lost people very close to me who were hit by shitty drivers and didn't survive. I know the laws, and I have zero sympathy for anyone who thinks they own the road because they're in a car. I know that's not you, but there are a lot of people who do think like that, and will intentionally try to run bikers off the road, and that shit pisses me off to no end.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, this is just a subject that hits close to home for me. And I agree that chasing a motorist down is a very dumb idea. Still made me happy to see the dude faceplant to the pavement though! To make things more cheery in this thread again, here's a video of a 14 month old toddler meeting a dog for the first time!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It is though. That law exists in many places,
    As I said, I’ve biked as a sole means of transportation for MANY years of my life, and you can get hit by a car while riding ON THE SIDEWALK. It doesn’t matter where you are on the road, if on a bike OR motorcycle, you’re invisible.

I know people who were killed on motorcycles. Who WERE allowed to use the ENTIRE lane at any time. And were still hit by cars.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-14-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As I said, I’ve biked as a sole means of transportation for MANY years of my life, and you can get hit by a car while riding ON THE SIDEWALK. It doesn’t matter where you are on the road, if on a bike OR motorcycle, you’re invisible.
    I know, I read that in your earlier post. We're almost entirely on the same page here. And I agree there are bikers who ride pretty dangerously. They are in the minority though. There's far more drivers who drive dangerously around bikers than the other way around. For real though, lets stop. This is the cheer thread.

Skiers are throwing 1980s now! (Happens around 2:55)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sorry guys, didn’t mean to stir up a fuss. Just the English bloke’s temperament gave me a chuckle.

Replace with 8:54 mark:

edit: better yet, this: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...oughts/page508
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-14-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I feel seen!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh SHIT!

And Dallas' own DOC is on the track, too.

And, furthermore

I DO wish Em, Snoop, Busta and Dre were all on the SAME song, tho.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-15-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @elevenism , I’m loving that Dre Gospel track!!! Lol!!!

You heard about Super Bowl, right?

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5937522001

Also, Em opened a little to-go restaurant in Detroit, it actually gets good reviews.

Last edited by allegro; 12-15-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @elevenism, I’m loving that Dre Gospel track!!! Lol!!!

You heard about Super Bowl, right?

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5937522001

Also, Em opened a little to-go restaurant in Detroit, it actually gets good reviews.

I like that Gospel track, too. I'm also a HUUUUGE Busta Rhymes fan, so, yeah, i love the other one too.

I'm excited about the Super Bowl.

And Eminem's little spaghetti place, i saw a video of opening day. Some superfan had camped out overnight to be the first customer, and it was Eminem at the window, serving her the s'ghetti, and he signed the box and took pictures with her, and she looked like she'd seen Jesus. It was adorable.

EDIT: @allegro , also, before the little restaurant, Eminem donated "Mom's Spaghetti" to frontline hospital workers in Detroit at the height of covid.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-15-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I EDIT: @allegro , also, before the little restaurant, Eminem donated "Mom's Spaghetti" to frontline hospital workers in Detroit at the height of covid.
    Yeah, my Mom and I read the Detroit Free Press EVERY day

https://amp.freep.com/amp/3009130001

He’s a good guy.

The inside of the restaurant has paneling and looks like a trailer LOL!
    Last edited by allegro; 12-15-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My shithole town just won the State 2A football championship, live on TV at Texas Stadium!
    Half the town went down there with them: everyone is in the stands- the pharmacist, the grocer, etc.

WE WON!!!

Edit: the commentator was talking about us like we were Neanderthals. They said "you can't understand what this means to this tiny town! They live in TEXAS, but they have to drive to KANSAS to buy food!"

And it's like, bitch, no we don't. We have a little grocery store here. And yeah, we drive 37 miles south to get to a wal mart, but JESUS, we don't have to fucking drive to KANSAS ffs.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-16-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    PINCHY!!!

/homer