Page 130 of 181 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 5443

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I recently found out that I am not allergic to fish as I had been told I was for almost thirty years. I've tried a few different ways of making tilapia and they were very tasty... but I just had salmon for the first time Monday night.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

My mind has been blown and best of all, I had this mind blowing experience by getting fresh salmon from the deli counter at Kroger. I don't know if I'm ready for salmon or any other fish yet from a specialty restaurant but... man. I am VERY excited to try it out!
    That’s awesome! I was just talking with a coworker today about how crazy it would be to go the first 20, 30, 40 years of your life and either finding out something about yourself that you never knew, or finding out something about yourself that you THOUGHT was always true and turned out to be completely false. Allergies, color-blindness, anything like that. Fish/seafood is delicious, congrats on the discovery! :P

In other news, update on the puppy: Unfortunately, I am no longer getting the puppy that was in need of a new home. The family had a couple of long conversations with the young girl (12) who owned him, and it basically boiled down to her being extremely anxious about raising a puppy herself and not being able to make time for it. Not that it was being abused or anything, but she was just letting herself get overly stressed about taking care of a living animal, despite loving it to death, and jumped the gun on trying to find him a more suitable home. I’m a little bummed, sure, but it isn’t like I’d even personally met the puppy yet anyway. I’d partially expected a change of heart to come about from the situation anyway, so it’s all good. Hopefully now it seems like he’s gonna be taken care of just fine. My friend (the girl’s older sister) is kind of shadowing her and helping her out through the process, and if it really turns out to be more than she can/wants to handle, she’s gonna get in touch with me again, as I’ve been a family friend of theirs for over a decade and they know I could be trusted to give him a good home. For now, looks like it’s just me and mine until I can properly upgrade to a larger apartment or a house with a yard!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Ironically, even in spite of occasional loneliness and emptiness, peace and quiet, and just simply being able to just do my own thing and chill without any interruptions whatsoever.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I went to the pharmacy last night. One of my prescriptions was going to be $130; I found coupons for the rest of them, but I couldn't find a coupon for the $130 one.

And the woman at the counter asked me if I had looked for a coupon, and I told her I had and couldn't seem to find one.

Then, she said "hold on, I THINK I remember seeing one on this one site."

And she looked it up and entered it, and it took a HUNDRED dollars off.

I couldn't fucking believe it. It seems like most people don't give a shit about other people these days.

It really meant a lot to me. Furthermore, I asked her how I could go about commending her to her boss, and she told me she didn't want me to, and that being able to help was enough of a reward.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Going through my past years worth of music purchases and making a very long mixtape from a track from each... that's 103 tracks so far. It is meant to be a year end thing, so while I'll pick up some more music in December, getting the first chunk before then is probably a good idea.

Current sort order: each release by date added into my iTunes library by month.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-26-2018 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

my friend ben made me this light up replica of the sign from The Bronze on Buffy, and i fucking love it. (it was originally supposed to be a birthday present at the beginning of the year but it took him longer to finish than he expected haha)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

my friend ben made me this light up replica of the sign from The Bronze on Buffy, and i fucking love it. (it was originally supposed to be a birthday present at the beginning of the year but it took him longer to finish than he expected haha)
    oh DAMN!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I love taking a cold hard shower after feeling really dirty. So satisfying getting all clean.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Being alone for a while with someone I really like who's also very sad while everyone else is somewhere else and it's late at night and everything is quiet and everything feels alright next to them before having to go back to trying to have fun in groups of people when I pretty much only function well one on one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    JPL and NASA just put another lander on Mars, plus, the experimental CubeSats are working as expected as well. Exciting times.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    learning and cooking a new recipe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I always love the 2-3 weeks where one season transitions into the next. All of these old memories come back instantly when the new season brings a smell, feeling, or vibe that's been missing in the other seasons.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I always love the 2-3 weeks where one season transitions into the next. All of these old memories come back instantly when the new season brings a smell, feeling, or vibe that's been missing in the other seasons.
    Seconded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    This so damn much. The transition from summer to fall is pretty much the best point of the year. Just another reason October is the shit and every other month is garbage in comparison!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    SATAN'S SWEET BALLSACK I HAVE INTERNET AGAIN!!!

It's been out since the 2nd and fuck me did i miss it! Being able to connect online with the PS4 without using a mobile connection that keeps kicking me out and streaming in HD without killing my data!!

What did i miss *spends an hour online* ...oh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is more of a MASSIVE thing that cheers me up, but anyway.

So this time last week, my 5 year relationship ended. Thought it was the end of the world, was devastated, cried constantly, wanted to die, etc.

A few days after, out of the blue, one of my oldest friends messaged me with an offer. She's been managing a pub in England and she basically messaged me saying "I have a spare room, come over, it's yours for free - we can travel Europe together like we wanted to when we were kids".

So, after sleeping on it, I said yes. And I'm moving to England... In March. I am SO scared but in an exciting way. Told my parents and they're both really supportive, which makes me feel a lot better.

I've been BEGGING my ex to do something like this for years, and he was never keen for it. It seems like everything is falling into place, and I just know that this will be the best thing I've ever done.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The absolute worst, shittiest, most narcissistic, selfish, and RUDE resident I have EVER had the displeasure of working with in my 5 years of apartment maintenance...

...is being reported to the police and to management, by his roommate, when his roommate woke up in the middle of the night to this guy standing naked over him and demanding sexual favors from him. Police report has been filed and the situation is going to be investigated.

...and nothing, NOTHING, is tickling me more than the fact that he’s coming to our property manager, who he once told to “suck a fat black cock,” for help in this “situation” with his roommate. Oh really buddy? You want help, yeah?

The universe has given me a GIFT on this day. Get that dude OUT of here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My general adoption of "don't fuck this up" as a mantra as opposed to "everything is fucked" seems to be paying off, as shit as i sometimes make things out to be. Also the new apt and car seem good also.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Coffee.

That is all.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I can't believe that I didn't say this until now.

Pictures and videos of memes and parodies. For me, it all started in the early 2000s with Newgrounds and YTMND, which is why I often visit YouTube for memes and parodies, which are also featured in channels that do reviews, theories and even just incite discussions based on whatever interests I'm looking up and/or actively following.

https://www.newgrounds.com

http://ytmnd.com/

This is also pretty much why I've posted so many videos on the Random Stupidity section, but have scaled back a bit since I just want to take it easier this time around, not to mention that how in hindsight it was just flood after flood. I'm also positive I'm drawn to them, not just because of my interests and the amusement, but because they're just one of those things that give me some state of temporary joy and at the very least relief from life and the world itself. (It literally/absolutely became my ultimate overall source for comic relief.) Memes and parodies are also what I'm usually after on social media as well. (Aside from entertainment in general on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.)

With that being said, at least for me it's no wonder why the Internet became synonymous with memes and parodies for me, at almost 2 decades as of this post.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-08-2018 at 11:18 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, a little over a year ago I randomly wrote Patton Oswalt on Facebook. I felt like a total dork but I did it anyway. I just thanked him for being so supportive of the trans community and told him he personally inspired me to want to get into comedy myself. I thought, well, maybe he'll read that and appreciate the kind words, and that will be the end of it. What I did not expect was for him to write back. I also did not expect to have a (very brief) chat with him in real time. He encouraged me to get on stage and told me to let him know how it went.

Well, here we are a year later and I finally, after 12 years of waiting, got up the courage to go on stage last night and do my first open mic. And in spite of the fact that he very well may have just been saying that to be nice, I actually did message him to thank him again for the encouragement and to let him know how it went. And he wrote back! Said he was really happy to hear that and to keep at it.

I know it's a small thing, really, I know, and I am such a dork, but he is my comedy hero and this meant the world to me. Also, I totally went on stage, you guys!!! It was awesome. And I'm going to keep doing it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Also, I totally went on stage, you guys!!! It was awesome. And I'm going to keep doing it.
    Ooooh! Will you film your set? I would LOVE to see it, and i can guarantee you i'm not the only one!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ooooh! Will you film your set? I would LOVE to see it, and i can guarantee you i'm not the only one!
    Awww, thanks!

I totally forgot to record it, but I meant to. At least with the voice recorder app on my phone (maybe video at some point). I want to do that with every set so I can listen back and figure out where I can improve.

As far as sharing my set with people, I really appreciate that you would want to hear it (seriously, that means a lot) but I'm not quite ready for that yet. They say everyone sucks at the beginning and holy CRAP am I finding out the hard way that that's true. I knew this going in, but now I really understand it fully: being funny with your friends/while riffing and doing stand-up are two completely different skills. I think I'm a funny person, and I am hopeful that I will find my way with this, but my jokes are not good yet. And that's ok! I knew that going in. I had read lots of tips from people who have been doing it awhile and their advice basically boiled down to, look, you're going to suck, you're not going to be funny at the beginning BUT that's not the point. At the beginning your job is to get on stage, get comfortable being up there, get comfortable performing, get comfortable using a mic, etc. And work on your jokes, for sure. But that's going to take time. So I knew going up that, hey, this first time isn't really about my material (though I tried really hard with that, too), it's about getting comfortable being on stage and starting to learn this new skill. So to me it was a success, even if I didn't get too many laughs.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Bone Thugs N Harmony are playing in AMARILLO at a bar next weekend.

Seeing them live, especially all five of them, is a bucket list type of thing for me. And seeing them in a bar in West Texas is going to be just utterly surreal.

I can't BELIEVE they are playing in this area; NOBODY plays here. In the past year and a half or so, we've had Willie Nelson and ZZ Top and that's pretty much it. There are some lame ass christian bands who come through, and not-very-famous country acts, but even those are pretty few and far between.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh okay. I'll admit it. And not that I ever really had to deny it, but I can always see, understand and even agree as to why some YouTube comments are generally hated around the world all over, but some YouTube comments are just extremely hilarious. They have me cracking up unexpectedly.

Oh, and when the mood is just right, listening to the Village People also sometimes brightens my day.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-08-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Oh okay. I'll admit it. And not that I ever really had to deny it, but I can always see, understand and even agree as to why some YouTube comments are generally hated around the world all over, but some YouTube comments are just extremely hilarious. They have me cracking up unexpectedly.

Oh, and when the mood is just right, listening to the Village People also sometimes brightens my day.
    there’s a LOT of funny shit on Twitter that does the same thing for me. I look forward to it every day.

Last edited by allegro; 12-08-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Cat Mom - Whoa, I forgot to also mention Twitter. It also still just goes to show how even lurking can be enjoyable as well. And yes, it's also one of the reasons as to why I love Twitter so much. Good finds by the way.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-08-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    @Cat Mom - Whoa, I forgot to also mention Twitter. It still goes to show how even lurking can be enjoyable as well. And yes, it's also one of the reasons as to why I love Twitter so much. Good finds by the way.
    Omg there’s a million of them.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    My old dog used to do this. He would pick up his bowl and bring it over and do this sideways head swinging motion and literally hurl the bowl at me.

It was cool, cause I never really had to think too much about when to feed him or give him more water cause he would always just let me know.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've finally found the option to mute certain words/phrases from Instagram, so no more posts in my feed that have Spiders, Trump or James Corden! HAZZAH!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I got accepted onto a an APA task force through the end of 2019.

I am floored that I got chosen for this, as this is my very first semester in graduate school, and this type of position usually goes to PhD students. I've previously done some student award peer review for the APA, so I think maybe that helped. This has the potential to contribute to published research, which would be a fucking unreal opportunity at this level. And, at the very least, I will have the chance to carry out more applied research, which I excel at and LOVE, which will then in turn be used to train healthcare and education professionals.

This comes just days after I was feeling down for not seeing any academic achievements lately. Then this shit comes out of nowhere.