Page 116 of 182 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The turnout today for the marches. It is the most hopeful thing I've seen in a long time. And Real Time returned too! We're still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    The turnout today for the marches. It is the most hopeful thing I've seen in a long time. And Real Time returned too! We're still here.
    I went to the march in dc and I think the thing that made me the happiest was how positive everything was. It about moving forward. Was was great was my brother and brother-in-law came down from Connecticut to go with me. My brother tends to be very cynical and negative and angry. He hates Trump and is pissed but yesterday he was so happy and positive. It was pretty nice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@Ryan (the Australian Insult Comic Dog) check out the real Triumph The Insult Comic Dog.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    As of last night, I finished my winter session class. That brings me to 90 credit hours completed. 30 to go. I am officially a college senior!

I have having difficulty finding a second class that fits what I need over summer, though. Gonna be maaaaad if I have to tack on an extra semester for one shitty class!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    As of last night, I finished my winter session class. That brings me to 90 credit hours completed. 30 to go. I am officially a college senior!

I have having difficulty finding a second class that fits what I need over summer, though. Gonna be maaaaad if I have to tack on an extra semester for one shitty class!
    What are you going to school for?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Industrial & Organizational Psychology.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Do you have good standing in your major?... Have you talked with your department chair person? I avoided the same situation by doing so... He got approval to make an independent study section for a course (with an enrollment of 1) so I could take the course during my last semester and turn the work into him.

After almost two years working 2nd shift, a spot is opening up on 1st shift that is mine! Yeah, I get to have a day time life again! Woooohooo! (Better be worth the -$200 to -$300 per month!)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Otter love

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    flightradar24. As I moved to a silent village, I can see the sky and hear the planes much better than before. Every day around 21:36 (9:36pm, heh) I heard some big one, so I installed a Flighradar24 app and spent the evening watching the map and icons of planes flying by (EDGE mobile internet is enough for this app). Like - hmm, this one from Vienna to Minsk, from southwest, that means I will see it from window in the other room sometime... now. And I moved there and of course its light was flashing in the sky. :-) And then again, and again, couldn't get enough. And I was surprised I am actually looking at a some bigger plane (like Boeing 7-something or Airbus 3-something, I am starting to learn) light sometimes even 90 km away, but since they're about 10 km high (not 10 miles high - pun intended), you can't tell the distance. First big satisfied smile with smart phones was Sky Map, then some 9 years later this one. :-)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Corey Feldman and the Angels are playing a show near me soon... I might just need to go see this

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    the hinternet and the endless supply of keanu images available on it.
    i believe! i believe!
    john wick 2.
    can't wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Because today is Groundhog Day and my boss's name is Alan.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    in connecticut visiting my best friend. haven't been here in just under 10 years, and i've never flown into new york before (pretty much any time i've come to the east coast, i've driven). i came out this time because she's going through a rough patch and i want to be as supportive as possible, so it's not the best of circumstances, but i'm still glad to be here. plus, her dog, dylan, is the cutest thing in the world (and is currently curled up in bed with me).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I set up the sound for this gig yesterday... Just adding to the whole surreality of everything lately for me. I woke up feeling like I need to reread Day of the Locust

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Corey Feldman and the Angels are playing a show near me soon... I might just need to go see this
    Please report back. I still watch his Today show performance from time to time when I need a laugh in dark times

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Please report back. I still watch his Today show performance from time to time when I need a laugh in dark times
    If I go to this, I'm wearing cameras in as many places as possible

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    drumming circle invites. <3
    friends bearing movie selection advice (captain fantastic? bless bex) <3
    vivid upholstery <3
    humans singing with heart, no talent required <3
    crying with hope and happiness <3
    the S.T.E.A.M night at the school, and the rad sling shot we made with plastic spoons, stir sticks, elastics, a cap and tape <3
    reminders that there is, in fact, soul deep beauty to be found if you look from another angle <3
    fridays <3
    i love you, ets <3

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    in connecticut visiting my best friend. haven't been here in just under 10 years, and i've never flown into new york before (pretty much any time i've come to the east coast, i've driven). i came out this time because she's going through a rough patch and i want to be as supportive as possible, so it's not the best of circumstances, but i'm still glad to be here. plus, her dog, dylan, is the cutest thing in the world (and is currently curled up in bed with me).

thank you for not shaving your body hair!
    why do dudes do that? (genuine question, btw)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    thank you for not shaving your body hair!
    i mean, if i ever transition, i'm going to get a lot of hair removal done, but since i'm currently stuck in my dude body, i just let it be, for the most part.

i shaved my legs and pits in high school, my abusive ex used to make me shave my pubes and always wanted me to shave my butt (yeah, good luck, no way i can do that myself). i actually really hate my body hair as i feel like it's one of the things that makes my appearance so masculine (but i LOVE body hair on women–cis or trans–...go figure). my wife likes it, though so :: shrug ::

i would imagine some dudes do it because you can see muscle tone better without hair, some probably do it because of the pressures of appearance norms (same reason women shave their legs and pits, etc.), and some might just like it. i mean, honestly, to each their own. idunno.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, if i ever transition, i'm going to get a lot of hair removal done, but since i'm currently stuck in my dude body, i just let it be, for the most part.

i shaved my legs and pits in high school, my abusive ex used to make me shave my pubes and always wanted me to shave my butt (yeah, good luck, no way i can do that myself). i actually really hate my body hair as i feel like it's one of the things that makes my appearance so masculine (but i LOVE body hair on women–cis or trans–...go figure). my wife likes it, though so :: shrug ::

i would imagine some dudes do it because you can see muscle tone better without hair, some probably do it because of the pressures of appearance norms (same reason women shave their legs and pits, etc.), and some might just like it. i mean, honestly, to each their own. idunno.
    yeah,
    childhood triggers make me sketchy about no body hair to each their own, though.
    personally, i prefer adults to have body hair, but i also prefer people to be who they are...so yeah <3
    i never thought of the muscle tone enhancement aspect...thanks for that.
    happy saturday, hope it is.

i would like to shave your ex with a sword blade. (ahem) i know that thinking such things is a failure, on my part, of compassion toward someone (your ex) who clearly was twisted by someone else at some point before passing it on to you...but i still am wishing to shave her with a sword blade. sigh.
    Last edited by Lew; 02-04-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: blood thirsty wenchness

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I don't because it would take me all goddamn day every couple days or so to maintain it (and I cannot having a stubble of any kind going on any place on me so it'd drive me absolutely nuts very quickly) but I hate being in a man's body and hate feeling like a slightly-evolved gorilla whenever I see myself in naked a mirror despite my best attempts to avoid doing so as much as is humanly possible.

Plus, I just find body hair of any kind that doesn't belong to Mads Mikkelsen or Ryan Gosling gross. So there's that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not caring about sports.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It was my 28th birthday (Feb 5), and everyone was drunk and there was Karaoke and I don't know how I'm typing this. !!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When your almost three weeks late period finally arrives.

Jesus. Not many things are more stressful than that. I'm usually like a clock!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    When you're arguing with an alt right corporatist zealot about Labour regulations and whether wages are fair, and they say you don't understand economics or business

...and you check their Facebook page, only to find out that they are an unemployed postgraduate roughly the same age as you, except you own 2 houses & have 4 income streams

It's pathetic I know, but I did giggle

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    When you're arguing with an alt right corporatist zealot about Labour regulations and whether wages are fair, and they say you don't understand economics or business

...and you check their Facebook page, only to find out that they are an unemployed postgraduate roughly the same age as you, except you own 2 houses & have 4 income streams

It's pathetic I know, but I did giggle
    oh my god how are you so successful? o.O

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just been very strict about saving, have put £100 into a high interest savings account every month without fail for 13+ years, also have a lot tied up in NS&I premium bonds (zero risk), so that just sits there, but every year I get about £100 ish returns on that. On top of that I have never been unemployed for more than 3 months ever (I will do any work no matter how crap), have frequently had two jobs. Then I have sidelines in antiquarian books, sci fi memorabilia and records which pulls in a grand or so a year. I have pretty simple tastes, bought maybe 2 pairs of shoes, 2 trousers and 2 tshirts since 2012. It all adds up.

Also just general things like buy what food you can in bulk, watch out for free stuff and discounts, keep meat to a minimum, don't smoke. If you drink, again buy big bottles or cases (because you will eventually drink it, why pay more to buy piecemeal). Buy train and plane tickets as early as possible, become self employed in some capacity and ascertain what is tax deductible, don't buy movies and albums for full price at their release date, get a car with decent economy, figure out the cheapest fuel stations, try not to burden yourself with subscription services, don't buy things on credit - generally make a point of never paying interest on things. Don't have a kid or a dog! Don't buy gym memberships, don't buy newspapers.

I am far from an ascetic miser living in a cave, I go to lots of concerts and holiday twice a year, but there is so much fat that can be trimmed its unbelievable

To be fair my partner is more successful than me, the last house we bought, I put down a ten grand deposit and she put down thirty, but combined the size of the deposit (about a third of the property value) means my monthly mortgage repayments are about £187 a month.

But yeah the main trick is take every saving seriously no matter how small, it's insane how quickly it adds up. You can work like the devil but without strategy it will disappear, there is literally an entire planet of people out there working night and day to get your money and if you're not on the defensive then they'll get it
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-08-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Watching @sheepdean and Pogo from Marilyn Manson bicker on my Facebook wall.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Watching @sheepdean and Pogo from Marilyn Manson bicker on my Facebook wall.
    Screenshot?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Screenshot?
    Haha friend me. I'm tony bologna