Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently FNM's going to be playing at Riot Fest in Chicago this September, for anyone that couldn't get tickets to last night's Chicago show.

Also, Patton has said that they recorded enough material for 2 albums.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

Also, Patton has said that they recorded enough material for 2 albums.

Where/when did he say this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Where/when did he say this?
    http://newfaithnomore.com/2015/05/06...ine-interview/

The only reproach that I could make concerning the album is the length: only 10 tracks in less than 40 minutes. Have you used everything?
    Oh no, far from it. We have put aside a nice bunch of tracks! I do not know what we are going to do with them but there are plenty of others…I could not say exactly how many but at least enough to constitute an album. Those that we selected were those that fit the best…

You created a label Reclamation Recordings to release the singles and the album. Why not do that simply with Ipecac? Because it is your label and you wanted a structure which appealed to everyone?
    Yes, the group needed a house of its own. For many years, with Ipecac, I had my own house. There, we discussed it all together and this is what seemed better. This label, it’s a start. There will be more, other Faith No More records when I don’t know. In any case, its motivating.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    http://newfaithnomore.com/2015/05/06...ine-interview/

The only reproach that I could make concerning the album is the length: only 10 tracks in less than 40 minutes. Have you used everything?
    Oh no, far from it. We have put aside a nice bunch of tracks! I do not know what we are going to do with them but there are plenty of others…I could not say exactly how many but at least enough to constitute an album. Those that we selected were those that fit the best…

You created a label Reclamation Recordings to release the singles and the album. Why not do that simply with Ipecac? Because it is your label and you wanted a structure which appealed to everyone?
    Yes, the group needed a house of its own. For many years, with Ipecac, I had my own house. There, we discussed it all together and this is what seemed better. This label, it’s a start. There will be more, other Faith No More records when I don’t know. In any case, its motivating.
    Fantastic news!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New albums now streaming, hopefully there'll be a better rip available pretty soon if not already

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    New albums now streaming, hopefully there'll be a better rip available pretty soon if not already
    Listening right now. Good lord, it's outstanding.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I finally heard "Sol Invictus" and i gotta say it's a great album, very different from all the other FNM releases, with many different styles and songs (now i get why so many people were comparing it to Patton's solo releases).
    Can't wait to get it on Vinyl, this album rules, only complaint: it's too short!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Can't wait to get it on Vinyl, this album rules, only complaint: it's too short!

Yes it could be a little longer but at the same time it makes for easy front to back listens. I wish that Sol Invictus and Sunny Side up were extended a little bit... but whatever the fact that we have a new Faith No More album that doesnt suck is a miracle.

What I love about this album is that even the songs I didnt like at first like Motherfucker and Superhero have taken on a whole new life in the context of the complete album.

It is so good to hear Roddy all over the record again. This is the most collection of tunes since Angel Dust.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree "Superhero" and "Motherfucker" sound even better when you listen the whole album!

I'm in a "Patton spree" i heard "Sol Invictus" in the morning, "Irony is a dead Scene" (EP with Dillinger Scape Plan) in my lunch and now i'm listening Mr Bungle's "California".

Also, this song rules:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's fucking amazing but an extra one or two tracks would have been nice but it fits in nicely.

The word of another album sounds amazing or more tracks to be released.

I was a bit worried about the album as I've often found most bands that re-group after a long time maybe dont have the same impact as before.

I enjoyed King Animal the latest Soundgarden album but think it lacks from their previous albums but not as strong as this FNM return. But there next album might re-kindle that level...

I agree "Superhero" and "Motherfucker" sound even better when you listen the whole album!

I'm in a "Patton spree" i heard "Sol Invictus" in the morning, "Irony is a dead Scene" (EP with Dillinger Scape Plan) in my lunch and now i'm listening Mr Bungle's "California".

Also, this song rules:

Last edited by Twiggy; 05-12-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This album's greatest achievement is that it really doesn't sound like a comeback. It seamlessly fits right on in their discography. Haven't heard a comeback album that sounds so seamless as this one does. It really seems like the natural progression from AotY.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In my humble opinion the album is even better than "Album of the Year", at least musically...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In my humble opinion the album is even better than "Album of the Year", at least musically...
    Oh, I agree. I just mean it doesn't sound disconnected or fake like so many comeback albums.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love this album. Superhero is an amazing song. Actually crept up to be my favorite song by them aside from Digging the Grave and Zombie Eaters.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love this album. Superhero is an amazing song. Actually crept up to be my favorite song by them aside from Digging the Grave and Zombie Eaters.
    I am still waiting to get into Digging The Grave lol

Speaking of random Patton jams

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Weird to see such a good article in Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...150512?page=11

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Weird to see such a good article in Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...150512?page=11
    That was a great read! Thanks!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Surprised and delighted by the quality of this album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I cant stop listening to this album....
    Time to pre-order it I think.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    lol

Last edited by mfte; 05-13-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Phew... I'm not feeling the record at all, although it features some stellar vocal-performances from Patton. As I'm not the biggest FNM fan tis was to be expected I guess but no song truly grabs me and there were at least some great hits on all of their records. Gave the album two spins now and I'll probably give it some more during the week but this is not what I had hoped for.

I'm looking forward to seeing them live in two weeks though. Should be fun as always with Patton onstage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I first listened to that not very pleasant leak a month ago, I honestly didn't really enjoy it like I thought I would. Now, after listening to it in full a couple times now. I'm completely hooked on the record. The production is really great, and Patton just sounds amazing like he always does. I really wish I could see these guys live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The record is great and, in FNM-like tradition, is definitely not what I expected when I first heard the singles. I expected to be kinda of a pop comeback, a more accessible record ( at least to FNM standards ), but it is so strange, so full of levels... and pretty much pop, at the same time. Kinda like the definition I have of Angel Dust in my mind: bizarre pop.

The singles are awesome, "Sunny Side Up" and "From The Dead" are great, "Sol Invictus" could be/have a better record-opener ( these guys have "From Out of Nowhere", "Get Out" and "Collision" to match, after all ), "Separation Anxiety" and "Cone of Shame" rocked my ass. But there's nothing like "Matador": this is Faith No More at their peak, a full-on translation of their powerful, unpredictable live performances. Best song in the record, hands down.

And yes, definitely yes: it could be a little longer. But the news about leftovers tracks made me happy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yes! More Fire!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Over time Sol Invictus will become my favorite FNM record for sure. I just feel it. I love it so much already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I waited to listen until release day and was damn well worth the wait. I'm going to make an early call and say it has surpassed Angel Dust as my fav. FNM record. Truly outstanding front to back. As expected, pitchfork seems to disagree, but nothing unusual there, so fuck em.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20339-sol-invictus/

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    "It sounds like Faith No More so it's not as good as if it sounded different."--Pitchfork, a hipster hot bed and a joke to everyone else.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think the opening track Sol Invictus, I'm not too crazy on. It's that propeller-y/reverby kind of effect, like it sounds as if the vocals were filtered through a fan or something, it just bugs the hell out of me lol

Everything else is pretty solid though!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    "It sounds like Faith No More so it's not as good as if it sounded different."--Pitchfork, a hipster hot bed and a joke to everyone else.

Anthony Fantano pretty much gave it the same review. It seems like casual listeners are all giving it a 6 rating while a fan throws out the solid 8s.