Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Challengers (2024)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that's random. But I jusg checked out the snippets and they sound cool.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I am so fucking sold on this score. Also, that bassline in "Yeah x 10" is ABSOLUTELY from "Feel Good Time".
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 04-06-2024 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Wow, yeah I checked out the samples too and I can't wait for this. This is a direction I would completely love them to go on for a new Nine Inch Nails album. Give me house music/EBM style NIN.

I feel like I'm gonna be bobbing my head a lot while watching this movie ... the only other movie that made me want to dance from the score like this potentially will was Gaspar Noe's CLIMAX.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Based on a clip in one of the Instagram stories on the official Challengers instagram page, sounds like we're getting some singing from Trent on the score!

This link should bring you directly to the particular story, if you have an Instagram account. Until the story expires, anyway.

EDIT: Someone ripped it and posted it on Reddit for all to see and hear!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...allengers_ost/
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 04-07-2024 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great to hear some vocals on these soundtracks every now and then. First time I heard it on Bones and All, I was so shocked but happy too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Went to Apple Music and iTunes store to check (since this is where Instagram pulls the "Music" for stories from) but nothing there.
    https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/add-mus...nstagram-story says:

Instagram offers a selection of tunes from its own library and your favorite music streaming services, like Spotify, SoundCloud, and Shazam.
    So those samples could just be from its own library.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Sony posted this teaser for the score today, with a note saying that “new music” is dropping at midnight - does that mean a single ahead of the full score, like when we got A Minute to Breathe ahead of the Before the Flood score? If there are vocal tracks on this score like there seem to be, a single makes sense, and it feels like Sony’s putting particular emphasis on promoting the score itself. Guess we’ll find out tonight either way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Boys Noize remixes are out already in Australia, not the full OST though.

The track "Compress/Repress" is the one with the vocals that was played on the red carpet and to me it seems that it's actually the remix that was played on the red carpet so I'm curious to hear the original.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Sony posted this teaser for the score today, with a note saying that “new music” is dropping at midnight - does that mean a single ahead of the full score, like when we got A Minute to Breathe ahead of the Before the Flood score? If there are vocal tracks on this score like there seem to be, a single makes sense, and it feels like Sony’s putting particular emphasis on promoting the score itself. Guess we’ll find out tonight either way.
    it'd be neat to get a sampler like with the dragon tattoo score or the one Mank track that I can't find proof of but swear exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Is this a legit upload:

?

Oh wow, there's a whole playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...f1MDKWsI6BEiUE
    Last edited by BJM; 04-11-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Challengers (2024)

there are 9 tracks available, it says mixed not remixed which usually is used for dj mixes so i guess it’s like a preview mix of the whole album

and yeah that’s a legit upload

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    Is this a legit upload:

?

Oh wow, there's a whole playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...f1MDKWsI6BEiUE
    Yup, the soundtrack is out in places where it's already Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    there are 9 tracks available, it says mixed not remixed which usually is used for dj mixes so i guess it’s like a preview mix of the whole album

this really sounds like tr&ar trying hard to make house music, but it still sounds totally like them trying not like proper house and it’s a weird mesh lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also found this playlist for the 30 second previews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...b3FasmDGCNbIaQ

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Okay, so, it seems like we have the soundtrack proper, and also this DJ mix of the soundtrack (or selections from it)? Interesting...the date for the [MIXED] version is tomorrow. Wonder if the regular soundtrack will also be out at that point.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post

The top of the artwork reads MIXED BY BOYS NOIZE, implying these are not the original versions (which will be Trent and Atticuss only, not Boys Noize). I doubt they would give credit to a third party that is just selecting tracks (which I'm sure Trent would do without help...).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Boys Noize is credited for Production and Remixing in the credits.

Mariqueen is also a credited performer on Yeah x10 and Compress / Repress

Edit: The official announcement on Discord confirms that these are remixes: "Reworked and remixed by producer and DJ Boys Noize"
    Last edited by TheBang; 04-11-2024 at 09:14 PM. Reason: remix confirmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Boys Noize is credited for Production and Remixing in the credits.

Mariqueen is also a credited performer on Yeah x10 and Compress / Repress
    dope then i hope original versions are better lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FLACs available here for "Challengers [MIXED] by Boys Noize": https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/2073602

Wow, that site is not user-friendly. "Are you sure you want to download this album?" Considering I've just paid €15 for it: yes, absolutely. And then a multi-minute download time for a 200 MB ZIP file. It ain't no Bandcamp...
    Last edited by BJM; 04-11-2024 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    FLACs available here for "Challengers [MIXED] by Boys Noize": https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/2073602

Wow, that site is not user-friendly. "Are you sure you want to download this album?" Considering I've just paid €15 for it: yes, absolutely. And then a multi-minute download time for a 200 MB ZIP file. It ain't no Bandcamp...
    Ototoy is a Japanese retailer. They're usually region restricted, so it seems this release is not restricted for some reason. It's going to be on all the retailer sites though. You might as well wait for Qobuz in your region. It's already available on Qobuz in everything from UK/EU and eastward. It'll be on Qobuz US in a few hours. Also, it's available in 24/48. You linked the 16-bit version only on Ototoy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    hopefully this’ll introduce more NIN fans to Boys Noize who absolutely slap (check out his 06 Depeche remix)

I’m stoked for this!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Looks like it's on streaming ... about to go find my good pair of headphones.

EDIT: Love the opening track, but I just now caught that this is just the Boys Noize mix. Do we know when the official OST is set to drop at all? I can't seem to find anyone mention that.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 04-11-2024 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Looks like it's on streaming ... about to go find my good pair of headphones.

EDIT: Love the opening track, but I just now caught that this is just the Boys Noize mix. Do we know when the official OST is set to drop at all? I can't seem to find anyone mention that.
    The unofficial expectation is that the proper soundtrack will come out on the 26th in tandem with the release of the film.

That said, this mix? It's bangin'. It makes me very interested to hear the full soundtrack to see just how much work Boys Noize did on top of it beyond melding the tracks into a continuous run. Presumably the proper soundtrack has the same groove to it as this mix, maybe just a little more subdued or something. We'll find out soon in any case.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    yeah holy shit this is really good. i hope the actual OST hits just as hard.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well Compress / Repress just reignited a massive desire for a new HTDA album

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oooh man I’m loving these
    My only complaint is I want more!

I can already tell “I Know” & “Compress / Repress” will get a lot of rotation from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Odds of this one hitting Bandcamp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the link on Qobuz in Belgium: https://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/album/ch.../ch37gwvytxbyb . Available in 24-Bit/48 kHz. Total cost just below €20.

(P) 2024 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc. & "Compress / Repress" (P) 2024 The Null Corporation II/Missing Pieces, Inc., under exclusive license to Milan Records, a label of Sony Music Entertainment