Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why are DVDScreeners always shocking quality? I mean presumably they have a full DVD quality copy of the movie, and yet these screener leaks are always close to unwatchable.

(Full disclosure; I fully believe that if you want to see a good quality copy of a movie then you should pay for it. It's just a genuine question I've always had)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Why are DVDScreeners always shocking quality? I mean presumably they have a full DVD quality copy of the movie, and yet these screener leaks are always close to unwatchable.

(Full disclosure; I fully believe that if you want to see a good quality copy of a movie then you should pay for it. It's just a genuine question I've always had)
    i really, honestly don't know.
    i know that some screeners are bad quality, but i find most of them to be at least watchable.
    but i see where you are coming from, as i was asking myself the same question a couple of nights ago.
    there is presumably a lot of money involved in this shit: why don't they get people who are REALLY good at ripping or encoding or whatever to make the leaks? why are some of them so fucked off?
    i chalk it up to the fact that it's a straight up criminal enterprise. it's kind of like "why is the dope dealer always late" i think.

as to your second point, i would gladly pay to see movies if i wasn't disabled and didn't live 90 miles from the nearest movie theater.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-15-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

as to your second point, i would gladly pay to see movies if i wasn't disabled and didn't live 90 miles from the nearest movie theater.
    That totally makes sense I only put that at the end so it didn't seem like I was being entitled!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Kinda in the same situation but I just wait for iTunes rentals or Netflix.