Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Japandroids

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Japandroids

Anyone else think "Celebration Rock" is the best rock album this year? I've been addicted to this shit for a week now. Reminds me a lot of Titus Andronicus' "The Monitor" with it's true punk spirit with arena like anthems. Dudes sounds like Titus, Tom Petty, The Replacements, Hold Steady, and The Ramones in one. Probably my second favorite album this year, and these guys are a fucking killer live band as well as the nicest dudes on the planet.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no, i don't. i WISH i did. I love their earlier material so much, and i've seen them 3 times now. I'm a huge fan for sure. The album is really short...8 songs, and one has been out for years. The new songs are a little to clean for me. I guess i was just expecting more, or at least something else. it's not bad of course, but not worthy of the hype it's getting. Seeing them 6/28...maybe I need to hear this stuff live.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Hopefully the songs live will change it for you. I saw them at SXSW and they were awesome, but even more impressive was the fact that they'd played in Spain the night before and hopped a plane to play in Austin the next night, so they hadn't slept in a day just to play a show and they were awesome. The production is clean, but live it's just the two of them and it's awesome and loud as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really love everything this band has put out. I've just discovered them fairly recently but so far I enjoy both albums equally and both of them get me pumped!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    considering the type of music they do, they quite possibly have the worst band name ever. i stayed away from them for a long time b/c i assumed they were shit b/c they're named fucking JAPANDROIDS.