I never re-listened to Herzeleid and Sehnsucht since Live aus Berlin came out, which I consider a pretty good best-of album of those two records, but after seeing them live and falling in love with Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? again I dug deeper into the Herzeleid-sound and have to say that it's their strongest and most consistend album alongside Mutter which just flows perfectly. Mutter and Herzeleid are the only R+ albums that I can listen to all the way through.

Sehnsucht produced some of their hit singles and live favorites tough and I don't mind the title track. I really like it acutally, especially live, but have to agree that it's not a good choice to start off the record. Could have been Engel or Spiel mit mir like on the '98 tour. On a whole scale this album seems too forced and limited, a fact that the band seems to agree on. That's why they choosed to be more liberate sound and lyric-wise on later albums.

Reise, Reise is a solid record, Rosenrot I just can't stand and LIFAD never really stuck with me apart from the B-sides (Donaukinder!). I just don't like the new direction the band was heading for after Mutter and I really miss this cold and bold industrial energy that they once had. Seeing them live of course is a whole different thing, since they try to incorporate all the best from those 6 albums and usually find a good balance. The Made in Germany shows are a return to full form in my opinion and offer one of their best set lists to date. Still I'd kill for a proper DVD that contains footage from 2001-2002. I just can't belive on how much material these guys are sitting on, but oh well. I blame the management and Fialik for all things that piss me of with this band.

It's a love/hate relationship that I don't have with any other band.

My list:

Mutter
Herzeleid
Sehnsucht
Reise, Reise
Rosenrot
Liebe ist für alle da