Page 25 of 123 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    http://soundcloud.com/haiku-flugschau

Could this mean that we are finally getting a proper HQ quality of Stirbt Nicht Vor Mir? I fucking hope so.
    Where the hell did these come from and why are they only samples?!

P.S. - MHB piano version sounds amazing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Rammstein

Fan page on my fb timeline was posting them. There are also some meh quality of what sounds like an intimate show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    "Mehr" doesn't sound like Till at all. this is just a cover band, i suppose?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Well, obviously the tracks that have Flugschau in their name are cover songs he recorded, but the samples sound very interesting. I wonder where he got them especially the Mein Herz brennt Piano Version sample. Is the track already out on the net? Was it recorded way back and not recently?

I also have never heard Die Zeit which sounds quite good and could be from the 1998/2000 era and either an early or reworked version of alter Mann. I really don't know why you guys fancy Stirb nicht vor mir so much, but good for you if a full good quality version of the demo surfaces soon.

EDIT: ok, found out that Die Zeit / das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein is an early version from 1994. I've never heard it before though, but it may be cold coffee to most of you... :P
    Last edited by dlb; 12-02-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Well, obviously the tracks that have Flugschau in their name are cover songs he recorded, but the samples sound very interesting. I wonder where he got them especially the Mein Herz brennt Piano Version sample. Is the track already out on the net? Was it recorded way back and not recently?

I also have never heard Die Zeit which sounds quite good and could be from the 1998/2000 era and either an early or reworked version of alter Mann. I really don't know why you guys fancy Stirb nicht vor mir so much, but good for you if a full good quality version of the demo surfaces soon.

EDIT: ok, found out that Die Zeit / das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein is an early version from 1994. I've never heard it before though, but it may be cold coffee to most of you... :P
    Most of the tracks on Sehnsucht existed prior and were often played in live sets during the Herzeleid-days (since the band had only officially released 11 songs). There are two tracks however, that never saw a proper release, "Jeder Lacht" und "Biest".

Anyway, have you guys seen this trailer? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=589322184414786

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that traders have sehnsucht demos.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Why Rammstein are not releasing deluxe editions of their albums in time for anniversaries is beyond me. I'd so love to have Herzeleid and Sehnsucht and Mutter (11 years old now) re-released and packaged with a neat bonus CD (demos, live tracks, unreleased stuff). One can dream, right?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I would love a repackaged deluxe anniversary edition of Sehnsucht or Mutter (my 2 fav Rammstein records) with b-sides and demos and unreleased remixes from those eras. So in this case, two can dream!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Ah fuck it! Of course I did not score any tickets for either Berlin show as the official Rammstein ticket system is a pain in the ass time and time again. Waiting in line, server crashes, browser crashes and even if you manage to get some tickets into your shopping cart you'll be thrown out sooner or later. Hope they will get some more tickets up as we approach May. That worked before and I guess it will happen again.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Why Rammstein are not releasing deluxe editions of their albums in time for anniversaries is beyond me. I'd so love to have Herzeleid and Sehnsucht and Mutter (11 years old now) re-released and packaged with a neat bonus CD (demos, live tracks, unreleased stuff). One can dream, right?
    i've wondered the same, and am curious to know if they have a situation similar to Metallica, where their contract with Universal (or whoever it is) states that they will eventually receive ownership of all their own masters on a certain date. if so, maybe they'd rather wait until then to do these things, so they'll be the only ones making the cash.

if they wanted to, they could have easily done this for the second disc of Made in Germany instead of remixes.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 12-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon has the Rammstein Videos 3-DVD set (Region 1) available for preorder.
    Last edited by [73]; 12-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Richard is Emigrate-busy:

"demos are recorded and being reviewed. setting up studio time for january to begin the official recording. be excited." - Facebook

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So, the single is worth a buy if you are a collector.

The piano version is pretty, and gib mir deine augen is a full studio version of the song. I have yet to listen to the remixes, but over all 5/5 for a single.

Also, the main track is the video edit. Kinda odd hearing the intro repeat in the middle of the song, my only gripe.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, this single is AWESOME!

Best single since the Mutter era. But that's no surprise, since this is technically a Mutter song.
    I love the Boys Noize remix, and I think I love the Piano version even more!
    The Piano version is so beautiful. Am I the only one who would LOVE to hear a whole album of Rammstein classics done in this style?

The next album needs to be "Classic Songs on Piano with Till Lindemann" lol

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    linky link? (full remixes and such...)
    Last edited by dlb; 12-07-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    wow thanks for posting! I almost forgot it was due on the 7th!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Nice Marilyn Manson Cruci-Fiction on Space video!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nice Marilyn Manson Cruci-Fiction on Space video!
    Thought the same thing and I can honestly say that I don't like the video at all.

For some reason it has a strange Christmas feel to it and on the other hand I absolutely hate Till's make up and whenever he does that mime'esque stuff and is basically acting like you'd expect Kaspar Hauser to. He always did that but it used to be toned down a lot in years past, but these days makes up 80% of his stage antics. The piano version by itself is not that bad. I like the refrain and how its done, but ultimately the interpretation sounds to clean for my taste without any depth and the will to add something new. Played very safe. Piano versions like this seem to have become a trademark among German industrial/gothic acts. Unfortunately that is... The instrumental version offers a bit more variations that are otherwise buried, but that doesn't really save the song for me.

The keys in Gib mir deine Augen sounds like it is derived from the piano version of Mein Herz brennt and eventhough I did not like the demo version that circulated a while back I really dig Till's vocals. His voice is the only thing that has gotten better over the years for sure. He really is going strong, albeit the chorus falls a bit flat which makes the song just another left-over track in their catalogue.

The video version of Mein Herz brennt is also a bit diappointing since it leaves out the IMHO best part of the song that gives it that certain magic in a live setting and of course makes it work so perfectly as the hard-hitting opener for the actual album. The edit still works but the album version remains superior.

Now the remixes? I quite like the Boys Noize remix but I guess I won't come back to it often, while the Turntabelrocker remix was pretty much unexptected. A nice moody piece that steps a bit too far away from the original song, but I enjoy it nevertheless.

So, not really satisfied with the single, but that's what I was expecting anyways. Now let's see what the actual new video for Mein Herz brennt looks like next week.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mutual feelings here aboot the Video Version, they edited off the best part!
    Nonetheless I cannot wait to see that video which I think is premiering next week.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fuck I love that video!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-08-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So, the actual video is available on itunes.

I must say, it makes the piano version make sense. Also a bad ass vid really. Don't know if it is the explicit version that will be premiering friday.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What a bizarre video...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    two of the best and darkest videos in their entire canon. this one is especially thought-provoking and full of dreamfodder for analysis.

the Mutter era is, now more than ever, their peak. i think the band knows it too.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    analysis.

the Mutter era is, now more than ever, their peak. i think the band knows it too.
    Maybe music wise, but NOT show wise. The Made in Germany tour would blow the Mutter tour out of the water. In fact, in comparison, the Mutter tour almost seems laughable.

I've actually seen both tours live as well and can safely say that last tour they did was one of the most epic things in concert history!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I would say reise, reise was their peak. I love lifad, but I tend to not pay much attention after frühling in Paris.

I know they got one more in them, and I hope they make it a good one.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    That is exactly why I love the Mutter era so much. While it was their ultimate breakthrough they never ever again presented themselves so grounded, both in their stage appearances, their themes deeply rooted in German folklore and fairy tales and in their videos. On the other hand that particular era is shrouded in fan legends and glorification with the eyes of now.

And of course the MIG tour was the best homecoming they could have done in promotion of their best-of CD incorporating everything that people love or hate about the band. It's my second favorite Rammstein tour for sure and I agree that it was among the best concert experiences I ever had.

Oh and yes, the new video is pretty great! Despite Rosenrot I like everything that Zoran Bihac has done for the band and this video is a good example of his capabilities. It still is very much in the vain of the other Mutter-videos, but also has something to it that connects it the 2012 version of the band. If I had to direct a video for one of my favorite songs of theirs I had chosen a different approach, but still the video is highly enjoyable although I would have prefered him not to eat his heart after ripping it out and I missed the Till hammer for this song espcially. Anyway, their best in a long while. The piano version still does not click with me aswell as the cut down song itself as the guitar solo really would have worked with the video.

EDIT: nice little fact: they finally leave the video as a group again as the last frame. Good old Rammstein tradition right there.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

As far as I know, I have never seen till hammer to this song.